Sign in to follow this  
Sitar

Lana Del Rey Covers Nylon Magazine's November Issue

:facepalm:  when did I say those words matte?? WHEN and where??I NEVER SAID THAT DUDE.  Are You ok?? Need a hug? Pretty sure you got me confused with someone else.... :biblio:

Lets say this is true. Whats in for Justin to allow that? I dont think Justin Parker would co write a song and not get his credit.

You're jk right? You're born and than you die is Justin's Parker philosophy? Like HIS?? Should every atheist charge Justin for using their own thoughts? Every decent music school teaches you how your body and mind react towards music. That's why when someone is in a coma they play music to them. Tha's why they use music to teach special kids and the list of things is endless. Is common knowledge not Justin's theory. You are really stretching a conspiracy to create Lana...that sold only 3.5 millions of albuns and hates to tour, doesnt do much advertising and is not really a fame whore at all. Whats in for Interscope?? Lana is not really a Kadarshian selling her soul on tv for money so I wonder why give yourself the trouble to create a character that is not a solid investment. WOuld be better to open a bar since the profit onthe beverage industry is 400%.

I think she had a lot of help to give life to her ideas but I think she was a big part of the creation. I believe Lana lies a lot but I don't think she would lie about this subjects. First I believe she is old school. Remember Fearne Cotton started to play Video Games? Lana always credited and thanked Fearne when she could. Tons of intevrveiws she does. Business wise she seems a serious person.

Plus how you explain all her old videos?? Leaked songs?? Lana has a huge bagage lyrically to support her authenticity as a writer on her own merit

Dynamite, Noir, Sin Gio, Motel 6, Fake Diamonds, Tv in Black and White, St Tropez, TOSTB.....and 250 more. That's not nought material to you?

pretty sure it was you, or you were having a stan moment you forgot about

You seem to be completely unaware that Lizzy has been in development for a long time, a close friend said she had been working with top producers and writers in Europe for several years, that's where all the early demos come from. I didn't say she didn't have any input she clearly does but not to the extent she makes out because there is enough information out there to contradict that. The comments about Justin Parker come from him so if you have an issue with him claiming rights to his creative input in the collaboration take it up with him but bear in mind she wouldn't exist without these people who she works with.

Can you provide the receipts for this claim? I wouldn't be surprised if Lana is exaggerating somewhat when she says she wrote every word on BTD except one line from DMD, but I would be surprised if she doesn't write 90% of her lyrics and the majority of her melodies. What you're saying flies in the face of the understanding of some of the most knowledgeable and skeptical fans, not to mention the consistency of repeated themes and lines in her lyrics.

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

Can you provide the receipts for this claim? I wouldn't be surprised if Lana is exaggerating somewhat when she says she wrote every word on BTD except one line from DMD, but I would be surprised if she doesn't write 90% of her lyrics and the majority of her melodies. What you're saying flies in the face of the understanding of some of the most knowledgeable and skeptical fans, not to mention the consistency of repeated themes and lines in her lyrics.

WWW.

The info on her being in development comes from a close family friend, the rest is various interviews with the other people involved

Don't you think that's an embarrassingly naive way to look at a multi billion-dollar industry? That's how it works there is an agreement made with the writers. Most pop today is determined by accountants and marketing people. There is very little creativity left as the majority of chart music is written by a small group of mostly male song writers who mostly write for female artists i.e. Katy Perry, Rihanna, Marina and the Diamonds etc...

So who is the real writer? One really messed up example is the song ‘Somebody to love’ apparently written by Usher and Justin Bieber but then the writer Heather Bright stepped up saying how did Bieber get a writing credit on that song! She claims that this is how it works, this was in reaction to Britney Spears being attacked for not taking any song writing or co writing credits on her album Femme Fatale:

"I would just like to address one thing! The media is talking trash about how Britney didn't write any of the songs on her album … HELLO! Wake up everybody! NONE OF THESE ARTISTS WRITE THEIR OWN SONGS!!!!!! (there are a few exceptions … lady gaga, will.i.am/BEP, chris brown is starting to write a lot of his own stuff … ummmm … and now I'm running out of artists). Anyway … here's my thing … and I feel VERY passionate about this issue. Britney could have come to me, like all these other A-list artists, and said …

"Hey, you wanna be on my album? I'm gonna need writing credit for that song AND part of your publishing even though I didn't write anything! And then I'm gonna go on tour and gross $150 million in ticket sales and not give you any of that, even though I'm performing your song!"

"I could rattle off a laundry list of artists who I've had that conversation with! And I'm on the other end like … "Oh okay … so you wanna rape me, but just with the tip?!" 

Turns out she didn't write the song either and the original writer is suing  bieber and usher.

You seem to be completely unaware that Lizzy has been in development for a long time, a close friend said she had been working with top producers and writers in Europe for several years, that's where all the early demos come from. I didn't say she didn't have any input she clearly does but not to the extent she makes out because there is enough information out there to contradict that. The comments about Justin Parker come from him so if you have an issue with him claiming rights to his creative input in the collaboration take it up with him but bear in mind she wouldn't exist without these people who she works with. You need to chill stan it's not a conspiracy just facts that are out there, it’s such a typical stan reaction “how dare you say that about THE QUEEN your opinion means NOTHING Lana could shit on my face and she’d still be THE QUEEN” why do I bother to comment when you get psycho stalker fans like you freaking out when anyone says anything slightly critical even when it’s true.

I NOW such things obviously happen I am far from "naive". From where I came from a product only worths production in 2 scales: Mass production or exclusive. Katy Perry, Britney, Rihanna, Justin Bieber, Usher and the likes are all mass production products. Rihanna in one month in Brazil did 5 concerts all football stadiums. She was paid 400 thousand dollars per concert. All sold out. Make the math. Katy Perry and Beyonce pulled out concerts for 60.000 people here and they pull huge crowds all over the 4 corner of the globes. Mass production with massive profit even out of US borders. Millions of albums sales, perfumes, cosmetic endorsements (until this day the most profitable contracts), arenas in consequence tons of space for advertisement. To get the Cover Girl deals and the Channel, Prada and all that you need to be a INTERNATIONAL superstar or  a International face. You dont worth much if youre only reconized in US or UK since the brand would have to make other campaigns for all countries their product is for sale. Bose sells everywhere thats why they pay good money for INTERNATIONAL pop tarts to have their product in their videos. The Katys and Rihannas are money cows with endless possibilities of profit from different sources. So they worth how much is spended in their creation.

In resume Interscope, Universal and the likes pay a good amount of cash to top writers keep their mouth shut is no biggy since their tours alone would worth the money. In the other hand we have Lana: basically no advertisement, 3.5 millions albuns sales, small arenas, small tour, no product placement in videos (Burining desire is a exception), no cosmetic deal, no Lana dolls for sale for kids. How do you think Miley became the richiest kid in showbizz?? Get a look how many Hannah Montana Dolls were made and sold. Justin Biebers dolls...

In my mind Lana doesnt worth such investiment because she simply isnt a money cow and wont be one. She doesnt even is a stample of credibility like M.I.A not even with the authenticity Lana gives back.

Your argument fails not only because its obvious Lana is writing for a long time but also because you didnt make the math to see if the numbers would match. Lana is a poor man investment compared to all the others you named. Like she doesnt get even 5% of what Miley made in 2 Hannah MOntana week sales of her dolls at K-Mart. Rihanna makes more money to her handlers sleeping than Lana does selling albums.

glgcDdT.gif

Can you provide the receipts for this claim?

WWW.

The info on her being in development comes from a close family friend, the rest is various interviews with the other people involved

:facepalm:

I'm asking for links. I wasn't questioning her being in development, just asking for evidence that she doesn't write the bulk of her lyrics or melodies.

:facepalm:I'm asking for links. I wasn't questioning her being in development, just asking for evidence that she doesn't write the bulk of her lyrics or melodies.

I implied to search for it, I don't keep a collection of links handy. I don't get why it's such a touchy subject.

@@Viva You seem to think I'm making an argument but I'm stating what I have read about the matter. Your argument is that unless you make a shed load of money in tours you don't get the funds to pay off a writer. So people like Marina and Ellie etc who also don't do massive tours but also have co writer/ghost writer, that's all a conspiracy also. No they are using unknown/ up and coming writers, it still works the same way.

To claim Lana hasn't done any advertising is a joke isn't it. Try and be real about it and drop the holier than thou routine. I find it totally vomit worthy.

I implied to search for it, I don't keep a collection of links handy. I don't get why it's such a touchy subject.

I don't think I've really been "touchy" about the subject. Maybe a little touchy about the fact that you got rather touchy just because people don't accept your novel claims without evidence. It's really lazy to make a claim that contradicts conventional wisdom and then tell people to search for it when questioned on it. Google it yourself and come back when you can support your claims with evidence.

:hottie:

Edited by evilentity
Added sassy emote that this post deserved.

I don't think I've really been "touchy" about the subject. Maybe a little touchy about the fact that you got rather touchy just because people don't accept your novel claims without evidence. It's really lazy to make a claim that contradicts conventional wisdom and then tell people to search for it when questioned on it. Google it yourself and come back when you can support your claims with evidence.

you can't be arsed to find out for yourself before trying to call me out on my comments and you call me lazy. like you don't think anyone contributed to the lyrics on NA but you don't bother finding out before just letting that opinion fall out of your mouth. yeah I'm such a lazy fuck. conventional wisdom you speak of only exists on lana boards.

. You need to chill stan it's not a conspiracy just facts that are out there, it’s such a typical stan reaction “how dare you say that about THE QUEEN your opinion means NOTHING Lana could shit on my face and she’d still be THE QUEENwhy do I bother to comment when you get psycho stalker fans like you freaking out when anyone says anything slightly critical even when it’s true.

I never said those words baby NEVER. If you're going to put words in my mouth please at least be a little ambitious:   QUEEN is for the little people dude. Miss quote me properly and call her fucking  KING. At least go for the top of crop. :smokes:

glgcDdT.gif

like you don't think anyone contributed to the lyrics on NA but you don't bother finding out before just letting that opinion fall out of your mouth.

That's not actually what I said. What I said is that I find it hard to believe that they all contributed to the lyrics. I also said I find it suspicious that on all the listings, every person credited is credited for both lyrics and music. I find it hard to believe that there was never anyone in the room on any of those songs that only contributed one or the other. Those are very logical reasons to doubt the literal accuracy of the way people are credited on those listings which is the only evidence you've provided so far to back up your claims. You know, if you read many of my posts here I think you'll find I'm very open to the idea that Lana lies about stuff, but not without evidence or a logical reason. I'm genuinely curious to see what other evidence you might be basing your claims on. I'd find that very interesting if it's actually as strong as you claim it is. But it's not my job to back up your claims. That's your job. Again:

Google it yourself and come back when you can support your claims with evidence.

Well, she does play the guitar :creep:

As well as her voice as an instrument (combined with some guitar), couldn't she also be some kind of GarageBand virtuoso? Couldn't this explain the lo-fi effects on songs like Noir and Baby Blue Love?

Her Acapellas are probably done with a program like garageband, and the Carmen Acapella I'm thinking of is mostly the song on BTD with some non-popular-sounding (artsy) arrangements and extra melody. I'd be curious if people think that was her initial demo before her collaborators got with her to make it more commercial. 

@@merman opines:
"Most pop today is determined by accountants and marketing people. There is very little creativity left as the majority of chart music is written by a small group of mostly male song writers ..."

and later @@merman opines:
"You seem to be completely unaware that Lizzy has been in development for a long time, a close friend said she had been working with top producers and writers in Europe for several years, that's where all the early demos come from." 

The problem I have with the opinions is believing songs like Axl Rose Husband or for that matter all of Sirens suggest years of development by commercially minded producers.

I think LDR's been upfront about collaborators in Album creds (where she's always listed first). Copyright appears to be something else. I don't even think you need to be the author to hold the copyright. Still, a lot of her leaks are a mystery to me and I wish there were more info on them (e.g., who's behind the beats on, Behind Closed Doors, Making Out, Lift Your Eyes, and many others; if it's Lana I want to know that too).

you can't be arsed to find out for yourself before trying to call me out on my comments and you call me lazy. like you don't think anyone contributed to the lyrics on NA but you don't bother finding out before just letting that opinion fall out of your mouth. yeah I'm such a lazy fuck. conventional wisdom you speak of only exists on lana boards.

you should take into consideration the fact that 'lana del rey' was the most googled woman of 2012. there seems to be an endless amount of national, local, and personal coverage on her every move across the infinite stretches of the "WWW". so sending us on a wild fucking duck hunt (  :creep: ) for an article that supports your singular, previously unheard of claim only makes you seem less than credible. (ps, your hostility certainly doesn't help either). you're the only one here thats been exposed to this supposed information. so why leave it up to us to find an article that we don't even believe to exist?  

until you come back with some kind of (hard) evidence you're just gonna continue to seem like a bit of an asshole tbh 

ZRBNill.jpg

I enjoy this (semi-healthy) and interesting debate that's going. Since evilentity had already expressed my views (and I'm sure other's as well) on it already, I'd like to talk about something else. Something much, much more important than if Lana writes her own songs (Why is this even a question?)

Who made her wear that hideous outfit with the striped sweater and huge sunglasses? That is the most white girl Hollywood Bling Ring (Well, sort of Lana, I guess) outfit and un-Lana-like ever. The styling is so questionable and this time I'm pretty sure it's not Lana. Why can't Nylon just make their photoshoots a little more polished? Some of those photos are horrible, especially how bad the lighting is, it made her face really, really weird (as mentioned a few posts back with the funny mirrored images).

tumblr_ni9eu5I7Qh1qzmb8eo5_500.png

Who made her wear that hideous outfit with the striped sweater and huge sunglasses? That is the most white girl Hollywood Bling Ring (Well, sort of Lana, I guess) outfit and un-Lana-like ever. The styling is so questionable and this time I'm pretty sure it's not Lana. Why can't Nylon just make their photoshoots a little more polished? Some of those photos are horrible, especially how bad the lighting is, it made her face really, really weird (as mentioned a few posts back with the funny mirrored images).

The pictures with the sunglasses and that sweater are my fave :lange:

Seriously it's my wallpaper on my phone now :lange:

yeah i agree. most magazines dress lana in louis vuitton & fancy stuff like that, vintage-looking stuff bc that's lana's image. i guess nylon's audience is mostly teenage & college-aged girls & they want to cater to that.

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.