Sign in to follow this  
Sitar

Lana Del Rey Covers Nylon Magazine's November Issue

James Lawrence Irvin and Timothy Elliott Larcombe are credited for authorship of music AND lyrics on This Is What Makes Us Girls.

Why has she always got to lie about it.

Yeah I'm sure these two guys wrote the lyrics on her most personal song. " Running from the cops in our black bikini tops screaming get us while we're hot"

Yeah I'm sure these two guys wrote the lyrics on her most personal song. " Running from the cops in our black bikini tops screaming get us while we're hot"

yeah every single one of those lyrics are so deep and personal only she could've possibly written them lol

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

That is how it is.

She talked about it in an interview. On BTD she wrote every all the lyrics, except for one line in DMD and that's it.

And then she has her group of 3 people who do the other stuff, melody and arrangement and stuff like that

Uh, no.. they create the music... Lana writes the melodies and lyrics. She even has a hand in the music sometimes, too. 

not crazy about the cover shot tbh, but she looks great in the other scans.

hopefully she won't come off as bitter for a change!   :)

Being bitter is one of her MKT trades. :makeup: Obv she will be bitter ,...

glgcDdT.gif

i went all around town trying to find it but all the stores had were the ones with alexa chung on the cover 

:emma:  :cat:  :stareney3:

i even called the hollister here and they said they stopped selling magazines cause no one ever bought them lmao  

ZRBNill.jpg

No, you can most definitely be credited as the author of the lyrics and the author of the melody separately.

I'm guessing he's not included in the official copyright info (for arrangements in Ride) because arrangements are basically a reworking of a previously existent melody (in this case, written by someone else) so it's probably not considered original material.

I guess I have to agree, but the issue is whether or not the copyright takes some kind of higher validity than the album notes. I would stick to Bel Air as an example case. The reason I think you're right is, I tried it for John, Elton and found some hits where music and words were credited separately (the way you would expect). However most of the cases were like this:

Type of Work: Music Registration Number / Date: RE0000822044 / 2000-01-10   Renewal registration for: EFO000156240 / 1972-06-01 Title: Honky cat. Notes: Words & music. Copyright Claimant: Elton John, Bernie Taupin (A)     Names: John, Elton   Taupin, Bernie

So if not a lawyer reason, maybe a sloppy who gives a what reason (on the part of the authors). 

I fucking hate all the clothing they put her in. Just throwing that out there. The leggings and denim shorts shot looks like fucking 2006 tbh- isn't Nylon supposed to be so kewl and on it and hipster

--- I would just like to add that what I mean, is, there is nothing fashion forward about the wardrobe for this shoot. And, that's what these sort of spreads are meant to be about. And Nylon just really fucking irks me tbh.

i went all around town trying to find it but all the stores had were the ones with alexa chung on the cover 

:emma:  :cat:  :stareney3:

i even called the hollister here and they said they stopped selling magazines cause no one ever bought them lmao  

I'm waiting until Nylon themselves announce it, it's not even on their site as far as I can tell

I'm waiting until Nylon themselves announce it, it's not even on their site as far as I can tell

i thought it'd be available for purchase since theres already a copy on ebay but now i'm just assuming the seller works at / knows someone who works at nylon and is also aware of lana's psychotic fanbase 

but the october issue explicitly states "keep on stands until 10/28" so this particular issue should be out by then 

:pray:

ZRBNill.jpg