evilentity

Nightmare Boy (Barrie-James O'Neill)

I think it's a good song, given it's a slow stripped-down number, which is hard to pull off in pop (or anywhere else). It still holds attention after multiple listens, and I like the camp beginning and the very understated organ. I'd assume LDR's filming him (especially if those are her legs).

Barry's kind of EMO in the video and his twitter, so Nightmare Boy works for me. Maybe this attitude is tongue in cheek, but who knows who "Black Beauty" is really about. On the other hand, Lana Del Rey and Nightmare Boy kind of suggests EMO superheros (like Batman and Robin), which I can't say is either a good thing or a bad thing.

I'm not clear on what Barry's song is about, other than some kind of return and disappointment. A Video-Games method I can buy off on, although the style of the video seems a bit more coherent (but not synched too well to the song lyrics). They just seem like morbidly fun visuals. Also the shout out is to Pink Floyd, which is refreshing as none of PF met an untimely demise. If he's inspired by PF, I hope he attempts to be inspired by the full range of PF. 

"then tells the people fuck you sado's!"  I don't get the apostrophe, but I think sado could be slang for sadist or maybe the spelling should be saddist. 

The song doesn't sound bad. Quite like it actually.

The videoclip is clearly inspired by "Video Games". I thought also in the beginning of the videoclip that it was Lana who stood with her back to the camera.

Clip would be better with her in it :flutter:

"then tells the people fuck you sado's!"  I don't get the apostrophe, but I think sado could be slang for sadist or maybe the spelling should be saddist. 

lol i thought he meant saddo. as in sad person. also, syd barrett went kinda insane after pink floyd so yeah i don't think they have any happy idols

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

2 distincts situations happen:

1. Listen JUST to the song without watching the video: I like it a lot tbh.

2. Listen the song while watching the video: I can't stop giving little giggles allt he way through with moments of laughs.  It's like Lana on prozac edited the video for him.

Barrie has a nice voice I just think he is not memorable or have a personality.  The video just proves that since he kind of copy Lana's style al the way through. The thing is that Lana's videos al;ways leave me with the desire to watch them again and again while this one I dont feel that urge. One time is enought

glgcDdT.gif

2 distincts situations happen:

1. Listen JUST to the song without watching the video: I like it a lot tbh.

2. Listen the song while watching the video: I can't stop giving little giggles allt he way through with moments of laughs.  It's like Lana on prozac edited the video for him.

Barrie has a nice voice I just think he is not memorable or have a personality.  The video just proves that since he kind of copy Lana's style al the way through. The thing is that Lana's videos al;ways leave me with the desire to watch them again and again while this one I dont feel that urge. One time is enought

He's probably so immersed in his deep moods that he just can't stop and care about things like that :agree2:

But at least his voice is gold

i've really come to like this song. his voice and the melody give me a strange feeling, like i'm kind of happy even though my stomach might be collapsing 

the video isn't up to par w/ lana's though. i think she'd have been able to help him find more beautiful or fitting footage if she weren't so busy herself, but it takes a lot of time and patience. ugh i wish i could help in some way i have like gigs of creepy shit 

:sadcore3:

ZRBNill.jpg

This is so good. I didn't expect to like it at all, but I was pleasantly surprised.

I can see why they're together.

BVT4uKe.jpg   
8/1/13 . 8/2/13 . 5/16/14 . 10/4/14 . 10/11/14 . 5/30/15 . 7/28/16 . 5/20/17 . 1/11/18 . 2/11/18

new song:

are you guys sorting his music under nightmare boy? it's such a cringey name and i have a feeling he's going to abandon it in a while so i'm just using his real name

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

new song:

are you guys sorting his music under nightmare boy? it's such a cringey name and i have a feeling he's going to abandon it in a while so i'm just using his real name

Capture.png :derpna:  :derpna:  :derpna:

sig3_2.png