lflflflflflflflflflf

Ultraviolence - Pre-Release Thread

Like WTF you guys?

If you don't like her lower register how do you listen to most of her discography, like BTD or Lolita.

I like the way she uses her voice

I think the person who said he/she preferred Lana not to "use her lower register so much" was talking about not making her singing so "monotonous". BTD has a lot of variety in that aspect and is a great album.

True? :crying:

https://twitter.com/LanaDReyOnline/status/438963019075575809

Black Beauty has hope. Plus I really wanna hear it Ultraviolence-ified. Imagine if it remained stripped in the beginning but picked up with some really dark and lush production for the second verse, and she added a genius bridge :defeated:

I'm working backwards through the three parts of this interview (currently on part two) and so far I haven't heard anything explicitly saying Rick's working on Ultraviolence or the album she's currently working on, just something to the effect that he's been working on a lot of stuff with her lately. Whether he's working on UV or not, it's encouraging to know the leaks didn't totally kill their songwriting relationship. If anyone catches where he says anything more definitive please post which part and at what time he says it.

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

the fact that she would comment on a fan's photo means that she's pretty aware of what's being said about her online... right? 

it makes me think that she probably browses lb on a semi-regular basis lmao 

:hae:

ZRBNill.jpg

the fact that she would comment on a fan's photo means that she's pretty aware of what's being said about her online... right? 

it makes me think that she probably browses lb on a semi-regular basis lmao 

:hae:

I think she's getting started on Instagram so she checked her own tag :eartha:

2wn4whw.png

Praying to the Dalai Lana that Violet Princess is an actual song title and its the first single. I haven't been able to get the title out of my head ever since Emile posted the picture on Instagram. 

200_s.gif

Praying to the Dalai Lana that Violet Princess is an actual song title and its the first single. I haven't been able to get the title out of my head ever since Emile posted the picture on Instagram. 

200_s.gif

Do you think Lana would let him announce the title song on his instragram ? I dunno, I rather think its just his personal quote on Lana, his  instagram makes me feel this way. 

I'm surprised she hasn't dropped the name of a song yet? :( that time is coming up and hopefully we can get a CONFIRMED name song name

We still dont have the official release date of the album. I think thats more important thing to know, first of all.

tumblr_mblg54qLUE1qkdght.gif

Edit: My English in the mornings :derpna2:

We still dont have the official release date of the album. I think thats more important thing to know, first of all.

tumblr_mblg54qLUE1qkdght.gif

Edit: My English in the mornings :derpna2:

Let's JUST all pray we get a single in march along with the release date and MAYBE the album cover! Does anyone know how many months lana released her Album cover for The Paradise Edifion before she released the album??

Let's JUST all pray we get a single in march along with the release date and MAYBE the album cover! Does anyone know how many months lana released her Album cover for The Paradise Edifion before she released the album??

The cover and tracklist for TPE were released on September 24th (http://www.idolator.com/6936192/lana-del-rey-born-to-die-paradise-edition-tracklist-cover-artwork) and the album itself was released on November 9th. 

BTD's artwork was revealed on December 11th and the album was released on January 30th, (http://hypetrak.com/2011/12/lana-del-rey-born-to-die-album-cover/). The tracklist, however, wasn't revealed until much closer to the release date: http://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2012/01/lana-del-rey-born-to-die-tracklist.html

I might have missed something, but I listened to the interview and I think this is as close as it comes to confirming Rick's been working on UV, but it doesn't quite say so:

Well, you know, right now I'm doing a lot of work with Lana, I love working with her, it's a real thrill, we're writing a lot of songs together and I feel very fortunate to have her in my life and I think she's really, like, sort of a future legend. I think, I think her body of work will be around for a long time and I think she's one of the few people of this, you know, who's making records right now, that really is writing a body of work that will last in a meaningful way.

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.