lflflflflflflflflflf

Ultraviolence - Pre-Release Thread

I found one source (which is pretty unreliable but I'm looking for Rob's tweet)

Are you talking about Jaime King's tweets about not leaking that made it seem like Lana's next single would be BB?

Perhaps the lana x chuck collab is in reference to the recent shoot chuck did of lana, possibly for the cover? I mean they uploaded a fan cover, so maybe they'll reveal the real one soon? 

If she did a song singing alongside her sister, it would be neat.

I am a shark,  beware of my bark

Guest Dot

The UltraviolencÉ Effect:

Phase 1:

Announce your album long before it's actual release.
-> Speculations and overall excitement spreads.

Phase 2:

Tease/Promote your album by vaguely describing it's sound using adjectives like, "unlistenable", "dark", "different". Basically, anything that doesn't give away too much information about the way it sounds but will get your fans more and more excited.
-> Fake tracklists appear, discussions start and gets more instense.

Phase 3:

Either, you give a tenative date for the release of your upcoming album, or you simply say it's coming "soon". The second option is more recommended, as it will prevent your album from inofficially being "delayed".
-> "Insiders" will cause a lot of trouble among your fans with fake information and pessimism will spread, eventually, especially if the word "soon" is used in order to describe how far away the release of your album is.

Phase 4:

Keep delaying your album if you want the anticipation to increase. This might lead to fans not being excited anymore to a degree where a release is not even important to them anymore.

Phase 5:

1. Release the album when they least expect it, with no announcement whatsoever. (not recommended, because Beyoncé already did it and everyone will give her the credit for it, eventhough David Bowie did the same thing months before Beyoncé did it. :bye: )
or
2. Release the lead single of your album out of nowhere and start extensive promo!

Now you got me worried about Ultraviolence, because:

- I hate jazz with burning passion :icant:, and whiny, slow jazz songs by singers with bland voices are literally the worst :horror: (doubt that Lana would go that way, not to mention that her voice is lovely, but still)

- I know literally nothing about those guys - have they worked with Lana before?

Well, at least I like Lana's description of the album. :thumb:

But Lana has had traces of jazz in her stuff in the past with You Can Be The Boss & Hundred Dollar Bill lol. Which she both gave great performances on. So shes going to be fine lol. & Since described it as future jazz, i doubt its going to be exactly that. Most likely it'll be a variation of it, but a little more bluesy im assuming because of Dan's sound with Black Keys. But we'll see. & Like someone mentioned, Emile did the bulk of Born To Die.

It will obviously slay. I mean, this is Lana we are talking about. Even her unreleased songs and stuff she made while being drunk or high as f*uck are great and we love it. I'm sure those polished tracks with the help of such experts will produce something amazing.

I'm just a bit concerned about how radio-friendly it will be, because well, it would just be so great if she was #1 and slay the charts because then she would get a lot more interviews and performances and we could see more of her. But well, I learned to not expect things like this from her... :sadcore:

I agree, it would be awesome & surprising to see her at least do one radio friendly record off this album with that particular sound, because i actually believe she can. Just depending on their approach. & She doesnt even have to compromise the sound

ROB SAID IT WOULD BE COMING WHEN WE LEAST EXPECT IT, RIGHT?   WOULD WE EXPECT IT ON APRIL FOOLS DAY? OMG I think I'm onto something

ROB SAID IT WOULD BE COMING WHEN WE LEAST EXPECT IT, RIGHT?   WOULD WE EXPECT IT ON APRIL FOOLS DAY? OMG I think I'm onto something

OMG I'm so tired of reading the words "Rob said it would be coming when we least expect it" or some variation thereof. Trust and believe he was doing nothing but giving a stock answer to thirsty fans and it means absolutely nothing

The fact that we have more news on a Hillary Duff album...

Excuse u dignity is a masterpiece  :defeated: 

levy5.jpg

tumblr_n0offys8zL1rhl4f0o1_400.gif
you're so art froggo, out on the pond…

UV is going to be amazing and that's because so much could go right with it and I am putting that out in the universe because UV is going to be the real story of redemption. 2014 is going to be Lana's year...especially considering she's a Gemini and our yearly horoscopes say so.

This is going to be the most raw and intense album and I am more than willing to bet my cake that the 7-piece live band is going to make UV come alive, and honestly I'd wager that in recording that way, Lana will be entirely in her element no matter if it's in-studio or live. I really think Lana's finding little shifts occurring in how she identifies with herself as an artist. And UV is going to be a testament to her self-discovery post-fame.

UV is going to be amazing and that's because so much could go right with it and I am putting that out in the universe because UV is going to be the real story of redemption. 2014 is going to be Lana's year...especially considering she's a Gemini and our yearly horoscopes say so.

This is going to be the most raw and intense album and I am more than willing to bet my cake that the 7-piece live band is going to make UV come alive, and honestly I'd wager that in recording that way, Lana will be entirely in her element no matter if it's in-studio or live. I really think Lana's finding little shifts occurring in how she identifies with herself as an artist. And UV is going to be a testament to her self-discovery post-fame.

non-boyfriends-1.gif

I know I've said it before and I'm going to say it again.

I don't know why you guys are constantly expecting a single release every single Tuesday. I don't believe there is a set day for a single to release, and if it is Tuesday, then Lana has only followed that twice. Out of all the singles she's released, two were released on a Tuesday. 

I'm sorry it just kind of irritates me it's a simple concept