lflflflflflflflflflf

Ultraviolence - Pre-Release Thread

June 2nd sounds perfect...I'd be out of school by then and I can celebrate to Ultraviolence

I hope you remember me like this, smoking cigarettes in my sundress.

How do people have such intense feelings about what 'fits' the album or what doesn't 'suit' the album. Like you haven't heard it yet? No one has... All we have are these vague descriptions to go off of. yall are silly. I mean maybe when we've heard a few more songs only then can we get an accurate idea of UV's style aesthetically.

Only one month (roughly), and I cannot wait!! I haven't been so excited for anything in such a long time.. it's nice.

We've had a good few descriptions of what this album is supposed to evoke after people heard it and we have a lead single, its not that outrageous to think what may/may not fit the album.

Hollywood is cool but it sounds like Britney doing indi electro pop, not moody cinematic torch light music.

Could be wrong but we're just talking.

JFK and Hollywood don't really fit with UV, and even though I love Hollywood it just doesn't feel right for the album... It would be like going back to the diva/Hollywood theme, which I think belongs to BTD (though she might sing about this, no problem about it)

I'm praying for BB, as that's the only song from the recent leaks that I care about  

ZmJh1LG.jpg

http://lanamusic.tumblr.com/post/82904512007/one-the-bbc-radio-1-show-with-matt-edmondson-he

The UV era has begun and we will now have actual threads for this kinda shit :read:

what u think

Just in time before my birthday, I am really hoping this is 100% definite, because it would be an awesome early birthday gift.

I would like to maybe get another single/UV track released around May, even if it's a live acoustic version, but I don't mind if we get brief, brief teasers, or if we're kept in suspense until UV comes out.

I hope there's pre-orders soon, maybe hidden tracks, maybe a whole b-side. I don't fucking know, it's just going to be awesome, so in any case...

tumblr_n41hg1lQY91qeti14o2_250.gif

Just in time before my birthday, I am really hoping this is 100% definite, because it would be an awesome early birthday gift.

Early birthday gift for both of us. :oprah:

uM2mzZZ.gifhoDhUSz.png?1

Watch her tour overseas with new music. If she does that she better come back to the US.  :crossed:

Agreed since her US tour is pretty much the Paradise Tour with the exception of West Coast. Touring the US again seems very unlikely, though  :(

tumblr_nir4q4a8RT1u4ss0ao1_500.png

i don't find it that impossible tbh. BBC already debuted West Coast it wouldn't surprise me if they had all the right info pertaining to UV. But what the fuck happened to May 1st/5th :wtf2: ? thx lana and rob

4d05b88473027157c69dadf2c058161f.jpg

I stumbled across this short article in a swedish newspaper called Metro, with a supposedly exclusive interview with Lana. Google translate did most of the job, so don't expect a qualitative linguistic experience. I think I've corrected the worst parts though. 

New album and new single - Lana Del Rey has had a clear goal . - I've been looking for a druggy swing , she says in an exclusive interview with Metro.

Lana Del Rey's face is lit up by the glow of the cigarette lighter.
Curled up on the patio in her bungalow, with legs resting on the arm of the chair , her hand cupped around the flame , leaning her head back, closing her eyes and blowing out the smoke.

It has been a hectic day . This weekend's tour premiere at Coachella ( "one of the greatest moments of my life" ) was followed up on Monday with the release of new single West Coast .

- It's not an obvious single. It's got a sexy drive in the verses,  but a slow chorus. A druggy swing. And I like the lyrics "down on the west coast they got a saying , if you're not drinking then you're not playing ." It's about the energy in California , which has become a great inspiration for me.

The song is the first taste from the upcoming album "Ultraviolence" . Recorded in Nashville and produced by The Black Keys' Dan Auerbach, it wears all the the Lana Del Rey characteristics . Heart and soul. Destructiveness and beauty. A melodic darkness where suggestive guitars intermingles with romantic ballads.

- Everyone said "next album has to be bigger and better" after which I replied "no, it needs to be more personal ." There are certain phrases that I know I will get shit for, but that feels very right for me. I sing , for example, "he hit me and it felt like a kiss", a feeling I love. You know when you think it's love, but it 's so passionate that it becomes aggressive . It is an attractive quality to me. In a world where everyone is bored , I like people with emotion.

To summarize:  :O  at the Beautiful Player lyric!?

"...he hit me and it felt like a kiss..."  :excited:

I adore Beautiful Player, would love for it to make the album. But honestly I don't think that will be the case... As we all know, Lana is good at reusing lyrics (no critic), so I personally think she is referring to a new song.