lflflflflflflflflflf

Ultraviolence - Pre-Release Thread

This is very important to remember when dealing with Lana. She glamourizes a lot of potentially harmful /controversial things and even in her sweeter songs there are often themes of tragedy, resignation and sadness. That is a big part of the appeal for a lot of people, myself included.

she fuckin' sings "come on, you know you like little girls" and y'all decide to get your panties in a bunch about seeming evidence of her rowdy sex habits smh

If you don't like how she treats this then you should react the same for how she treats Lolita-like relationships because it's much more fucked up imo then mentioning rough sex.

Um, yeah, this might be analogous if Lana was making statements in interviews suggesting she thought sexual relationships between tween girls and middle aged guys were great. I'm not objecting to the sordid or unsettling themes she sings about (and in some cases glamorizes) or anything else in her lyrics. In fact, that has always been part of her appeal to me since the beginning. But there's a difference between singing songs that fetishize abusive relationships and buying into that. I'm merely noting that I find statements of hers that suggest she may actually buy into some of that stuff disconcerting.

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

This is so shady and condescending but I feel like a lot of the fans who say this kind of thing have never even been in a relationship. That's not directed at you haha I just see a lot of the younger fans on twitter tumblr etc saying they "get" Lana's lyrics cos they like rough sex too and I'm like child pls uve only ever been spanked by your mama!

I said aggressive men, not abusive ones. There is a difference. Most men that I see today seem to have their balls clipped and I find it quite sad. Lana's songs and lyrics aren't about metrosexual hipsters that's for sure. I don't see what was shady or condescending in my post either, I wasn't condoning abuse, which I do know something about btw.

I said aggressive men, not abusive ones. There is a difference. Most men that I see today seem to have their balls clipped and I find it quite sad.

Agreed. Most grown up women i know would agree with this also. Mind you, these are women who run their own businesses, are independent and have had long term relationships.

You called?

j6UBkMt.gif

PRECIOUS BABY.

Seriously, I have a weak spot for marine mammals

I hope you remember me like this, smoking cigarettes in my sundress.

Much cool,very fun. There really needed to be a separated thread to be about this. It is just getttin way out of hand. Plus, you don't even have to log in to read all of this, it's public.

What does that matter?? It's just so people can get caught up, don't be ridiculous. :P It isn't like they can comment without logging in

Reading the quote again and taking the translation into account, you can see where Lana specifies that she's using violence as a metaphor for an emotionally volatile relationship. Plus, she clarifies that this kind of aggression is something that"you think is love" because you're so blinded by your passion. Now I'm really excited for UV...as if I wasn't before.

wow seems like i missed the drama  :sadcore6:  idk about any of you but the interview/controversy just makes me even more anxious to hear ultraviolence. i'm done with speculating i'm just gonna let it take its course

That's he only thing we can do at this point.

These potential domestic violence lyrics are not a new thing for Lana. Remember this gem?

Hit me, my darling, tonight,

I don't know why, but I like it.

Hurt me and tell me your mine,

2dt29zc.jpg

:horror: i hope not all of UV will be JUST about hitting and etc....i'd like variety of sad songs if you know what i mean

I hope you remember me like this, smoking cigarettes in my sundress.

These potential domestic violence lyrics are not a new thing for Lana. Remember this gem?

Hit me, my darling, tonight,

Hurt me and tell me your mine,

Also one of my favorite demos ever tbh.

:horror: i hope not all of UV will be JUST about hitting and etc....i'd like variety of sad songs if you know what i mean

I really think there's going to be a varieties of "ultraviolences" among the tracks, emotional/mental/drug/etc., I want to see the kind of subtopic variety Father John Misty did with Fear Fun and his recent projects. Why the two did not collaborate yet, I do not fucking know. :uh: Lana singing West Coast live would make FJM quiver in voyeuristic pleasure. They're right up each other's alley sonically.

I love those sad songs where she sings about willing to do anything for a man who probably doesn't really care for her. idgaf how many songs she's written for that same guy, it's still sad... hope it's on UV

tumblr_nir4q4a8RT1u4ss0ao1_500.png

I love those sad songs where she sings about willing to do anything for a man who probably doesn't really care for her. idgaf how many songs she's written for that same guy, it's still sad... hope it's on UV

Those tracks are what I especially adore. Nothing more painfully lovely than the throes of unrequited love. Definitely want to see some of that in UV. :pray2:

I must have missed that, but which tracks are you referring to?

Maybe I just interpreted them in a different way :eek:

I must have missed that, but which tracks are you referring to?

Maybe I just interpreted them in a different way :eek:

Video Games, Without You, Blue Jeans, Summertime Sadness, etc.

tumblr_nir4q4a8RT1u4ss0ao1_500.png