lflflflflflflflflflf

Ultraviolence - Pre-Release Thread

had to wait for a mod to approve the thread in the news section anyway :whatever:

that's what our ultra attentive and competent staff is for :slayty:

I love those sad songs where she sings about willing to do anything for a man who probably doesn't really care for her. idgaf how many songs she's written for that same guy, it's still sad... hope it's on UV

Yes tbh they make me so sad for her and wanna hug her

B8wHSYZ.jpg

I think with the title Ultraviolence and some of Lana's more recent descriptions, we'd all written off what she originally said and expected something way off (and even psychedelic??). However, West Coast seems to prove that she's staying true to her "stripped" vision, meaning not only that Black Beauty and AFFA could fit in very well, but that IT COULD STILL BEGIN AND END WITH STACKED A CAPPELLAS which is the most genius idea she's had in a while.

What if the Bang Bang cover is a track from UV that she previewed for fans?  :excited:

Sad to hear that the instrumentals were very different from Nancy's version, though. 

where'd you hear this? i'd love a cover of bang bang  :flutter:

tumblr_static_tumblr_static_tumblr_stati

I think with the title Ultraviolence and some of Lana's more recent descriptions, we'd all written off what she originally said and expected something way off (and even psychedelic??). However, West Coast seems to prove that she's staying true to her "stripped" vision, meaning not only that Black Beauty and AFFA could fit in very well, but that IT COULD STILL BEGIN AND END WITH STACKED A CAPPELLAS which is the most genius idea she's had in a while.

wait, can you elaborate? i'm confused!

wait, can you elaborate? i'm confused!

When she released Paradise, she described the sound of the then-untitled next record here: http://www.stitcher.com/podcast/megan-and-menace-mornings/episode/17789630?refid=twsn

Calling it stripped back, cinematic, west coast-inspired, as well as referencing an idea of beginning and ending with a cappellas. That seems to have remained her vision.

If stripped back means more songs like West Coast then the album would be great in my opinion! I'll admit when she first said stripped back I was worried it would be dull and I wouldn't enjoy it that much, but the guitars and music of WC have really given me renewed hype for this album!

tumblr_oq0kv3RGWK1r4igkto2_540.jpg

When others told her the album needed to be "bigger and better" what do you think they meant?

Bigger, as in more commercially successful?

I can't think of something else...

And then she said no, it needs to be more personal.

How can that even be, Dark Paradise, BJ, VG, SS seem pretty damn personal to me....

When others told her the album needed to be "bigger and better" what do you think they meant?

How can that even be, Dark Paradise, BJ, VG, SS seem pretty damn personal to me....

But maybe she was more helped on those songs?, i mean with more production that wasnt her choice, different lyrics, etc. She does not like how TIWMUG sound on the album. 

If you compare them to her earlier stuff like Drive By, for example, they're not *that* personal. I'm not saying that she's going to go back to the raw emotion of Sirens, but I can see what she means by making the next album more personal.

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

But maybe she was more helped on those songs?, i mean with more production that wasnt her choice, different lyrics, etc. She does not like how TIWMUG sound on the album. 

how do you know this? it's my fav song by hers where did she say this? is this why she never sang it live? 

how do you know this? it's my fav song by hers where did she say this? is this why she never sang it live? 

i dont remember really but it was a long interview if im not mistaken, which made a lot of trouble on this forum because of they way she said things. 

i dont remember really but it was a long interview if im not mistaken, which made a lot of trouble on this forum because of they way she said things. 

hmm.. im interested in hearing this now lol