lflflflflflflflflflf

Ultraviolence - Pre-Release Thread

As long as Black Beauty is on the album I'll be happy. I mean Id rather have lots of new material, but since it was planned for it and I've expected it to be on there for such a long time now I'll be dissapointed if it doesn't make it as I've been fantasizing about the finished version and how it will sound for a while now.

I'll be disappointed for the wasted slot on the album if they gave us a song we've already had before on the album. As is the song is very well produced and listenable. You'd rather have them use up a track on that then get an all new song? Not me.

If Black Beauty and Angels Forever don't make the cut, I am putting them in the album on my iTunes and I will pretend 'till I convince myself that they were officially released. But hopefully I won't have to pretend  :flutter:

Guest Dot

Ok, Idk but I find this era not really well planed.

The single is out and there is no airplay, no interviews, no video so far while Lana is currently touring mid-sized or small venues.

It just seems messy and it doesn't really get me in the mood for this album.

I just have the impression that this era won't be handeled very well.

Am I the only one?

West Coast is just a promo single. :fabcat:

Ultraviolence will be relaesed in late 2014 and it's fabulously cinematic and not so choppy lead single "Cruel World" will be released in August. :smokes2:

The single is out and there is no airplay, no interviews, no video so far while Lana is currently touring mid-sized or small venues.

Am I the only one?

It's because you're expecting her to do what Lady Gaga and Katy Perry does in terms of level of promo and touring. Her venue sizes are perfect for her, there's no way she can sell out arenas and big venues don't have that 'intimacy' Lana wants for her shows, and we know she wants to keep things intimate (pretty sure I read this somewhere). They're international pop superstars, while Lana is no where near as big as those two yet. I think she's just not doing any of those things because she just doesn't want to. I'm sure there's going to be an interview here and there but I doubt any live televised performances or anything like that. And we're getting the West Coast video this week apparently.

She did a lot of Born To Die to get her name out there and to build a fan base, and she didn't do as much with Paradise either.

Just don't expect Lana to do what other popstars do because we all know she doesn't really like to do those things. There's vague Ultraviolence here and there and even though everything is sort of blurry we know we're getting an album and with the release of West Coast, the public knows that too. I think Lana likes to keep it that way and not overhype anything.

West Coast is just a promo single. :fabcat:

Ultraviolence will be relaesed in late 2014 and it's fabulously cinematic and not so choppy lead single "Cruel World" will be released in August. :smokes2:

Not so choppy lead single "Cruel World" is actually the final version of an early demo of Cola which was accidentally put on Paradise, and we'll be getting Tropico 2.0 with Cola played straight for 25 minutes.

tumblr_ni9eu5I7Qh1qzmb8eo5_500.png

It's because you're expecting her to do what Lady Gaga and Katy Perry does in terms of level of promo and touring. Her venue sizes are perfect for her, there's no way she can sell out arenas and big venues don't have that 'intimacy' Lana wants for her shows, and we know she wants to keep things intimate (pretty sure I read this somewhere). They're international pop superstars, while Lana is no where near as big as those two yet. I think she's just not doing any of those things because she just doesn't want to. I'm sure there's going to be an interview here and there but I doubt any live televised performances or anything like that. And we're getting the West Coast video this week apparently.

She did a lot of Born To Die to get her name out there and to build a fan base, and she didn't do as much with Paradise either.

Just don't expect Lana to do what other popstars do because we all know she doesn't really like to do those things. There's vague Ultraviolence here and there and even though everything is sort of blurry we know we're getting an album and with the release of West Coast, the public knows that too. I think Lana likes to keep it that way and not overhype anything.

Not so choppy lead single "Cruel World" is actually the final version of an early demo of Cola which was accidentally put on Paradise, and we'll be getting Tropico 2.0 with Cola played straight for 25 minutes.

LOL, no. Stopped reading right there. And Gaga is a flop now anyway.

If Lana did ever become "mainstream" and start doing big interviews, a lot of radio play, etc she would generate a lot of shallow fans (who only listen to the singles and MAYBE buy the album), but not the die-hard Lana fans like the people on this website. With the remix of SS being really popular, its just something I noticed.

tumblr_nir4q4a8RT1u4ss0ao1_500.png

LOL, no. Stopped reading right there. And Gaga is a flop now anyway.

IM PISSING I PREDICTED THIS RESPONSE. Missed a great "inb4" opportunity there :poordat:

I'm not sure if anyone's posted about this yet, but if they have I haven't seen it. 

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/chart-beat/6062527/lana-del-reys-west-coast-set-for-strong-hot-100-debut

Del Rey is working with the Black Keys' Dan Auerbach on her new album, "Ultraviolence." While a release date has not been announced for the set, sources say it won't reach retailers before June. 

Looks like we may be getting it around June 2nd after all!

i think the most accurate way to categorize her is by placing her on the fringe of the mainstream

:

Agree that she's mainstream in terms of her position in pop culture, but I don't think her genre itself has ever been attributable to the mainstream or to pop.

Am I the only one?

this

I have the same feeling about this, why isn't WC sent to the radio, what are they waiting for? Don't give me the BS that WC isn't radio friendly the song is simple, is catchy etc. Her tour seems rushed, she's late at the shows, no opening act, no encore, short set, sound problems etc. If it wasn't for this tour (especially Coachella) she had only one song released with audio and some random billboards (without her name on it) and that's it. Basically 0 promotion :toofunny: . Oh I forgot, the interview at Coachella before the latrines :facepalm: ...really no one cares for her career?! I always felt that's something as a strained relationship between her and interscope, they just want to cash in from the album sales.

this

I have the same feeling about this, why isn't WC sent to the radio, what are they waiting for? Don't give me the BS that WC isn't radio friendly the song is simple, is catchy etc. Her tour seems rushed, she's late at the shows, no opening act, no encore, short set, sound problems etc. If it wasn't for this tour (especially Coachella) she had only one song released with audio and some random billboards (without her name on it) and that's it. Basically 0 promotion :toofunny: . Oh I forgot, the interview at Coachella before the latrines :facepalm: ...really no one cares for her career?! I always felt that's something as a strained relationship between her and interscope, they just want to cash in from the album sales.

All she cares about is making quality music, which allows her promotion to be a little more intriguing (billboards with nothing but the album title, extract from lyrics) anyway Born To Die was a smash success, does she really need to promote this album at all?

U guys need to remember that even tough she doesn't really have any promo she is still mentioned everywhere!

I'm sure she knows what she is doing.

Yea, she's a TUMBLR queen. She's fairly well covered online, but is hard to measure what impact has on her sales. I never saw a video of hers on TV and I never heard one of her songs on the radio. Come on guys, she's not that alternative, we are talking about very mainstream (albeit good) songs like YB, WC, the original SS or BJ. Open Youtube, Vevo, Spotify etc. she will never pop up as a featured or promoted act, you have to search to find her content. I have a feeling that UV will sell less then BTD

All she cares about is making quality music, which allows her promotion to be a little more intriguing (billboards with nothing but the album title, extract from lyrics) anyway Born To Die was a smash success, does she really need to promote this album at all?

Quality is not incompatible with great sales and certainly low sales figures are not an indicator for quality...BTD was a good selling album but with the right management from the beginning she could sell at least 8 mil. I'm sure of that. She can be one of the greatest acts out there but she have to do promotion and better live shows. But there is always the possibility that she don't want to be one of the biggest acts out there :creep:

this

I used to stan for artists like Tori Amos, PJ Harvey and Björk since the 1990's  til the mid or late 00's (who really are alternative and Lana is not) and they promoted the shit outta their records. Even way into their careers they had tons of promo lined up to give the fans the chance to live that era with them. They talked about the album, their music was on alternative radio, TV perfomances, magazines and all.

The no-promo card, cause "I am so so not Katy Perry or Lady Gaga" is kinda lame. Even the ladies mentioned above were not the Madonna's and Mariah Carey's of their time.

Everybody always assumes something terrible when you wanna see her out there, talking about the music and getting some exposure.

This hipsterish bullshit is way more annoying than people who want Lana to make EDM, tbh.

And now, I am ready to take the shit from y'all. :hooker: