lflflflflflflflflflf

Ultraviolence - Pre-Release Thread

:icant: Not enough, gurl. IDK if I'm ready for UV era if there's no more strings.

i used to think that too but I think she shows on WC (and on Aka) that she doesn't need strings...

I AM MY ONLY GOD

Honestly, I prefer the subtle approach she's going for with UV; the hype gets built on the suspense and enigma and us Geminis live for that shit.

I think Lana's just confident in UV in a way where she doesn't need to go for the whole gusto promoting it. Keeping it simple, but to the point.

Look at Liz Phair, Emilie Autumn, or just about any artist that, compared to the huge popstars of today, only have a quarter of the fanbase; they don't give a fuck about promotion or anything like that because none of it is a guarantee. Furthermore, extreme promotion and large tours/venues take a lot of compromise, and a lot of time. When you're investing your time into your craft and creative outlets, and trying to keep a certain atmosphere for when you showcase that craft, you really don't want to compromise just because it means more tickets or more sales.

Because who really gives a fuck about the latter besides music labels and reviewers dying to find any reason to write "FLOP" in their next article? This is why a lot of artists go independent, because they have better ways to get their music out and better ways to measure the worth of their projects than ratings, the amount of shows, and how many airports and stages they've seen.

When the Phoenix fans told Lana how well West Coast was received here in the US and she started crying, I think that was a pretty clear indicator that her only focus, really, is just doing what she loves; whether she has a million fans listening to her work or only fifty or sixty people, she'd be doing the same shit she is now. It's a surprise when your work unexpectedly receives a lot of positive reception, but that's all it is, just a nice surprise. Aside from that, it doesn't matter when you know you are making something that you are proud of. You promote it how you want, and if it gets a lot of exposure, cool, fucking awesome; if it doesn't, shit, don't give such a fuck and treat yourself to some awesome sushi or wine or what-fucking-ever little pleasure because you still worked hard enough to deserve it.

Did any of that make sense? Between thinking about checking my laundry, two cats fighting for a spot on my lap, and one of them burying their wet nose into my chest while I'm trying to type this, I am a bit scattered. :whatever:

Cruel World sounds quite promising! I only wish people would shut the fuck up so I could hear it better

I mean, she's singing a new song, you can shout and scream while she sings the oldies  :smokes3:

ZmJh1LG.jpg

Cruel World sounds quite promising! I only wish people would shut the fuck up so I could hear it better

I mean, she's singing a new song, you can shout and scream while she sings the oldies  :smokes3:

I want them to stop with the screamimg in total. It's nearly impossible to find decent videos of her shows because they just don't stop crying and screaming hysterically while she sings.  I would love some new live versions. It seems she performs her songs different this tour (no violins with her and her singing seems to be different from the Paradise Tour ) and I'd love to explore this, but with all that girls....argh. 

Just because she doesn't whore herself out on Twitter or Live TV doesn't mean there isn't a thirst for her. 

gives her a ton of more class in my eyes. she seems to care more about being there for her audience rather than dominiating the entertainment news all the live long day *coughbeyoncecough*

:lanahairflip:

Sweeping scents and blue hydrangea. Summer hail and summer stranger.