lflflflflflflflflflf

Ultraviolence - Pre-Release Thread

I'm not sure if anyone's posted about this yet, but if they have I haven't seen it. 

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/chart-beat/6062527/lana-del-reys-west-coast-set-for-strong-hot-100-debut

Why do journalists feel the need to shorten down songtitles like that? "Coast", "Summertime" and "Young", really? I get it with songs with long titles, I tend to do that too when I talk about them, but I don't see the point of shortening a name like "West Coast". It's so annoying, haha.

She's obv tired of doing tv performances and interviews - I bet the most we'll get are some magazine photoshoots and random radio appearances (performances and/or interviews).

tumblr_msfqg0hpqG1sx7kg2o5_250.gif

Yea, she's a TUMBLR queen. She's fairly well covered online, but is hard to measure what impact has on her sales. I never saw a video of hers on TV and I never heard one of her songs on the radio. Come on guys, she's not that alternative, we are talking about very mainstream (albeit good) songs like YB, WC, the original SS or BJ. Open Youtube, Vevo, Spotify etc. she will never pop up as a featured or promoted act, you have to search to find her content. I have a feeling that UV will sell less then BTDQuality is not incompatible with great sales and certainly low sales figures are not an indicator for quality...BTD was a good selling album but with the right management from the beginning she could sell at least 8 mil. I'm sure of that. She can be one of the greatest acts out there but she have to do promotion and better live shows. But there is always the possibility that she don't want to be one of the biggest acts out there :creep:

You're right, she really could be huge.

This makes me think of what she said about the grammies...how she didn't attend because she is "not good with big events like that". It might be her shyness which is keeping her back, but it's obvious she does NOT want to be big. I mean come on, SS went top 10 without any promo on her part...and also she barely uses twitter or her instagram even though we know she is being photographed all the time. She doesn't really communicate with her fanbase either, only in person. It's just the way she is I guess....I agree that I wish she was huge, because then we would get dozens and dozens of photoshoots, interviews, and we could hear her on the radio more often too.

I'll be disappointed for the wasted slot on the album if they gave us a song we've already had before on the album. As is the song is very well produced and listenable. You'd rather have them use up a track on that then get an all new song? Not me.

So once a song meant for a new album is leaked against the artist's wishes, it can't be used ever again? We weren't supposed to hear BB, after all. I'd like to hear a finished version with a different bridge because it's a gorgeous song. It shouldn't be abandoned because Rick Nowel can't be bothered to properly secure his website. The same goes for AFFA.

You're right, she really could be huge.

This makes me think of what she said about the grammies...how she didn't attend because she is "not good with big events like that". It might be her shyness which is keeping her back, but it's obvious she does NOT want to be big. I mean come on, SS went top 10 without any promo on her part...and also she barely uses twitter or her instagram even though we know she is being photographed all the time. She doesn't really communicate with her fanbase either, only in person. It's just the way she is I guess....I agree that I wish she was huge, because then we would get dozens and dozens of photoshoots, interviews, and we could hear her on the radio more often too.

And then her popularity would fizzle out like it does for most stars who go huge (even though she'll probably still be making awesome music) then again, I mean Video Games was pretty huge, and it's not like she disappeared off the face of the earth after that.

Just because she doesn't do "promo" doesn't mean she isn't huge. Just take a look at her YT views and subscribers, her SoundCloud followers, the wannabes coming out of the woodwork, doing soundtrack singles to major event movies. Just because she doesn't whore herself out on Twitter or Live TV doesn't mean there isn't a thirst for her. 

Just because she doesn't do "promo" doesn't mean she isn't huge. Just take a look at her YT views and subscribers, her SoundCloud followers, the wannabes coming out of the woodwork, doing soundtrack singles to major event movies. Just because she doesn't whore herself out on Twitter or Live TV doesn't mean there isn't a thirst for her. 

Well, you can do promotion in a classy way. She's not that huge yet (maybe we have different terms of comparison) but I hope she will get there

Well, you can do promotion in a classy way. She's not that huge yet (maybe we have different terms of comparison) but I hope she will get there

On her being "non-promoted": I think her label doesn't wish to disturb her creativity-driven mode of self-promotion (videos, movie work, modeling). No one can describe her as being idle during the period between release of BTD and now. 

On her being considered "mainstream" (hopefully she doesn't become mainstream), this will allow for a more diverse mainstream. So if UV is different from BTD and sells as much as BTD, she'll be "huge" in the sense which says the promotion was irrelevant. IMO, this would make it easier for anyone off the beaten track (but still good) to succeed commercially.

I feel bad for all of the people on Twitter still expecting this to drop on May 1st.

Yeah BTW is June 2nd confirmed yet? I've heard that some British radio presenter said that Lana has set that as the date but is there any truth to that rumour?

Yeah BTW is June 2nd confirmed yet? I've heard that some British radio presenter said that Lana has set that as the date but is there any truth to that rumour?

Not confirmed but hey we can hope :agree: