lflflflflflflflflflf

Ultraviolence - Pre-Release Thread

Just get over racism! You all sound ridiculous...Getting all worked up on a white person calling a black person :). Stop taking it so personal

Since when are we talking about racism? We're talking about a song. If you haven't noticed.

I'm underwhelmed by this "Sad Girl" snippet.  The first one made it sound more seductive and cabaret.  Now it sounds it kind of dissolves into the same old sound SoC and BB kind of muddles in.  Hopefully they balance out with more of the sparse sexy verse.  I do like her vocals on the refrain though.  I think it'll be one of the more underrated tracks, excited for it the most along with MPG and FMWTTT.

u6pq4c9.gif

How can you even compare these two things...

how many times do i have to say this?!?!?!?!

SEXISM

IS

JUST

AS

BAD

AS

RACISM

discriminating against someone for their gender is just as bad as discriminating for against someone for their colour. slut, whore and slag are just as harmful as :), faggot and retard.

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

are you really trying to compare a loaded fucking word like "whore" - which is used to humiliate, dehumanize, shame ETC ETC ETC women for having sex/doing anything in sexual nature to ...calling a dude a wanker? which means what exactly? i have never heard anyone call a dude a wanker before in my life. know how many times i've heard men call women whores - for doing pretty much anything, from wearing short dresses to flirting at a party to having consentual sex?

give me a break.

How are you so sure she used it this way if u havent heard the song yet ?  Most people use "whore" as general slur like bitch in any situation nowadays. Not just to shame her sexual nature.

I'm underwhelmed by this "Sad Girl" snippet.  The first one made it sound more seductive and cabaret.  Now it sounds it kind of dissolves into the same old sound SoC and BB kind of muddles in.  Hopefully they balance out with more of the sparse sexy verse.  I do like her vocals on the refrain though.  I think it'll be one of the more underrated tracks, excited for it the most along with MPG and FMWTTT.

The second snippet of Sad Girl made me fell in love with it though. It's definitely one of my most anticipated now.

how many times do i have to say this?!?!?!?!

SEXISM

IS

JUST

AS

BAD

AS

RACISM

discriminating against someone for their gender is just as bad as discriminating for against someone for their colour. slut, whore and slag are just as harmful as :), faggot and retard.

Well yes, i agree with this; all of these things are completely gross derogatory terms

but lets be real, if i call someone a retard, or a faggot,

what would people react more to?

... (ahem, the second one) therefore no they are not the same

Same as they are not fun, mean and plain terrible

but not equal. Not by far.

Does NOBODY else think FMWTTT is about her and how she rises to fame? She would've named it Fucked Your Way if it was about someone else. I personally think based on the snippets that it's about what people have been calling her since her rise as "Lana Del Rey (The Elusive Chauntuse)". It doesn't matter, the song isn't uplifting to anyone (if it isn't about her) and it's sarcastic (if it is about her). Before we debate on the word 'whore' we have to hear and analyze the song.

uM2mzZZ.gifhoDhUSz.png?1

Well yes, i agree with this; all of these things are completely gross derogatory terms

but lets be real, if i call someone a retard, or a faggot,

what would people react more to?

... (ahem, the second one) therefore no they are not the same

Same as they are not fun, mean and plain terrible

but not equal. Not by far.

yes. they. are.

both are discriminatory against other individuals. both criticise people for natural things. the fact that people don't react to words like whore and slut just show how deeply ingrained misogynistic sentiments are in our society.

i don't really wanna continue this debate for much longer because we're already well off topic, so let's just all agree to disagree for now.

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

Does NOBODY else think FMWTTT is about her and how she rises to fame? She would've named it Fucked Your Way if it was about someone else. I personally think based on the snippets that it's about what people have been calling her since her rise as "Lana Del Rey (The Elusive Chauntuse)". It doesn't matter, the song isn't uplifting to anyone (if it isn't about her) and it's sarcastic (if it is about her). Before we debate on the word 'whore' we have to hear and analyze the song.

OMG we thinks the same!!!

I AM MY ONLY GOD

Poor you and your political correctness

Can people please stop being so rude? Did I offend you in any way? No, I didn't, I simply stated my opinion and if you don't agree with it, you may tell me politely or you may not tell me at all. Also, what's wrong with being politically correct? Why make it sound like an insult towards me? Or did you just want to be sassy because you were bored? Jesus Christ, get a life.

does anyone remember the interview where she said she had sex with that record executive? someone find it ahh

Can people please stop being so rude? Did I offend you in any way? No, I didn't, I simply stated my opinion and if you don't agree with it, you may tell me politely or you may not tell me at all. Also, what's wrong with being politically correct? Why make it sound like an insult towards me? Or did you just want to be sassy because you were bored? Jesus Christ, get a life.

Stop being so passive aggressive. Thanks.

Yes, I'm hoping that's the case, did sound like it in the first snippet so idk, will have to wait for it to leak I guess.

Hopefully it's just the shitty quality, but I'm just not quite as excited by these snippets as the first ones.

MPG should play when suckers people buy that overpriced box set from her web site. Alleluia! I want to take you for all that you got. Alleluia!

C'mon guys, Lana's not being anti-feminist with the word "whore". Maybe she's just a big GOT fan. :troll:

[table]

250px-Daenerys-Targaryen-Profile-HD.png

250px-Shae_in_Two_Swords.png

I am a dragon

You're a whore

[/table]

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.