Manueldelrey

Lana Del Rey Nominated for 2 Grammys!

You hit the nail on the head!

I can't take this event seriously anymore: There are these newcomer all over who haven't done anything yet for the music business - those grammys are a real bargain in those cases - while others who've been there for 20 or 30 years and really moved something just got 1 nomination ever in their whole career.

If Lana really wants it, I'll keep my fingers crossed for her. But that jury surely will chose someone else ... Adele. :noparty:  :pft:

anyone can win but please please not ADELE !!!

You know I even listen to her music, she has a great voice and I don't care at all if she's fat or not but why does she always have to win ????? 21 and Skyfall are so overvalued  :noparty:

lana-del-rey-high-by-the-beach_zpscfcsgx

anyone can win but please please not ADELE !!!

You know I even listen to her music, she has a great voice and I don't care at all if she's fat or not but why does she always have to win ????? 21 and Skyfall are so overvalued  :noparty:

The same with Taylor Swift. I love her music, but is it really usual to throw all these trophies at her? Or last year the 'Arctic Monkeys'? And this year 'Lorde'? It bores me ...

The same with Taylor Swift. I love her music, but is it really usual to throw all these trophies at her? Or last year the 'Arctic Monkeys'? And this year 'Lorde'? It bores me ...

at least Taylor knows how to write genius lyrics. like really, she has her own unique style. (yes, I'm a Taylor defender  :brows: )

at least Taylor knows how to write genius lyrics. like really, she has her own unique style. (yes, I'm a Taylor defender  :brows: )

I don't mean that all these people aren't talented or woudn't deserve it, but throwing more than 1 grammy after them ... I mean where's the appreciation? And to be honest, there are anyway too many categories, every new year odd ideas.

I don't mean that all these people aren't talented or woudn't deserve it, but throwing more than 1 grammy after them ... I mean where's the appreciation? And to be honest, there are anyway too many categories, every new year odd ideas.

All awards shows are just appreciation for the money these artists have made for the industry, you can see that when you look at the nominations, it's not about talent or the quality of the music. I mean, Psy and Carly Rae Jepsen were nominated last year. I really won't think any more highly of Lana if she wins a Grammy because it means nothing.

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

yeah I know that you didn't mean it like that :) award shows are just fucking ridiculous.

The only thing that's ugly here are these comments. (And my subject-verb disagreement in the previous sentence.) Vile. Misogynist even.

Oh yeah?

Now I know what you're going to say 'cause you've already said it:

But I think you're being disingenuous when you say that.

Yeah, I know some of you commenting are also children, figuratively if not literally, but there's just something unseemly about a barely 17-year-old girl being subjected to so much criticism about her appearance. :smh:

Agree with this 100%. Her face is unusual-- she's not conventionally pretty-- but I think she's very pretty nonetheless. And I mean that in the most non-creepy way a 32-year-old married man can say that about a girl scarcely older than half his age. :creep:

What was this thread about again? Oh, right. Grammy said she'll leave the lights on for me.

I honestly don't give two fuckin fucks  :hooker:

If you take my post too serious, poor you! If I really wanted to be engaged it that discussion I could have easily posted more after my 1st post.

lol can a single person on here dislike an artist's music without constantly attacking them? not just lorde, i see it on here all the time and it's so immature jesus christ

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

It's been #AWorldAlone for me in defense of Lorde here (cc: @@Rafael your hashtag impact)

I'd love to protect her, but at the risk of this becoming another Stan Wars thread I shall pass. It simply wouldn't make anyone #NoBetter than the other one. Let us all love and rejoice for it is Lana who received not one, but two Grammy nominations, the woman we're all gathered here for in the first place, remember?  :bearnod:

Sincerely

Major fan of Lana Del Rey, Lorde and Adele. Haters my inbox is open.  :makeup2:

EQFO7rX.png

The only thing that's ugly here are these comments. (And my subject-verb disagreement in the previous sentence.) Vile. Misogynist even.

Oh yeah?

Now I know what you're going to say 'cause you've already said it:

But I think you're being disingenuous when you say that.

Yeah, I know some of you commenting are also children, figuratively if not literally, but there's just something unseemly about a barely 17-year-old girl being subjected to so much criticism about her appearance. :smh:

Agree with this 100%. Her face is unusual-- she's not conventionally pretty-- but I think she's very pretty nonetheless. And I mean that in the most non-creepy way a 32-year-old married man can say that about a girl scarcely older than half his age. :creep:

What was this thread about again? Oh, right. Grammy said she'll leave the lights on for me.

OMG why, the fighting was over and after 2 weeks you started it again :oprah:

Welcome to a world of diversity. Not everyone agrees with you, get over it. Viva is a breath of fresh air. BTW sitar, I appreciate that you're a real Lana fan.

The mob mentality here is not your best example of a world of diversity pffffffffffft

Sloth comparisons are many things but not a breath of fresh air. Please, someone engage me in debate that isn't ridiculous or offensive. It's not about agreeing with me, but rather human decency...

But thank you, let's not make me a lightning rod for Lorde critique just because she's in my set, I'm obviously excited for Lana. Whether or not the award means anything cosmically, it would definitely mean a lot to her. She's not far along enough to be beyond validation (a la Lily Allen and @@lola lel)

lol can a single person on here dislike an artist's music without constantly attacking them? not just lorde, i see it on here all the time and it's so immature jesus christ

#SwiftieProbz #Intersectionality

OMG why, the fighting was over and after 2 weeks you started it again :oprah:

Don't blame me. @@SitarHero and @@Viva started it again. I was just weighing in. Didn't even realize until now that it was old since I hadn't read any of it before.

:eek:  :runs:

I'll accept blame, no one misspells "fuck" at me :oprah:

But thank you, let's not make me a lightning rod for Lorde critique just because she's in my set, I'm obviously excited for Lana. Whether or not the award means anything cosmically, it would definitely mean a lot to her. She's not far along enough to be beyond validation (a la Lily Allen and @@lola lel)

#SwiftieProbz #Intersectionality

r u shading me i can't tell

If you don't care for an artist's work, fine, but for humanity's sake, do not contribute to the toxicity of verbal abuse and the disparaging of someone's worth as a person. I love Lorde's music, and I happen to think she's very pretty; I don't necessarily care for some of her views, but as I've said numerous times, she is seventeen and still has some more introspection and experience to undergo before she can articulate them differently.

And if anyone here says there's no opinion they had at sixteen or seventeen that they could've thought out more thoroughly or projected in a different way, I'm more than confident to call you a liar.

Never mind that, holy shit with these comments about her looks. What are you guys doing? Seriously. What are you guys doing? You don't have to agree on whether or not you find beauty in Lorde, but some of you are really making me sick with the "comparisons" and the use of words like "ugly" with the intent of being demeaning. It's also quite ironic when you think about how Lana herself has been subjected to very cruel scrutiny about her looks and talent, and as her fanbase, you guys have seen as much of it in reviews, tabloids and rants, yet you're doing it to another human being.

I thought the majority of Little Monsters were bad—some of you belong being associated with them with the lack of compassion and common decency you exhibit. Attacking a child's appearance and then on another Tuesday or Sunday want to talk about "it gets better," or "everybody is beautiful." Get of here with that hypocrisy. Especially if you've been criticized yourself and especially if you're a "woman" and you're doing it.

Go outside and get some fucking sun.

ON THAT NOTE.

Am I the only one with a lot of hope that Lana's going to get at least one of the awards? Honestly, there's been a lot of talk about her where I live, and almost everybody knows Y&B. I hardly hear about Skyfall or any of the other nominees. I'd like to think Lana's going to get this one. 2014 is going to be a great year for Geminis.

If you don't care for an artist's work, fine, but for humanity's sake, do not contribute to the toxicity of verbal abuse and the disparaging of someone's worth as a person. I love Lorde's music, and I happen to think she's very pretty; I don't necessarily care for some of her views, but as I've said numerous times, she is seventeen and still has some more introspection and experience to undergo before she can articulate them differently.

To be fair, the first cause of her bashing wasn't her looks, it was because of the things she said about Lana and many other female musicians....she drags people too :eek:

foreword: long preachy post blahblahblah

it makes me so sad to live in this world where ones right to an opinion outweighs being a good person. the fact that this has transcended the internet makes me even sadder tbh. growing up with a cohort of girls, who honestly believed their physical appearance would define their success in life, left me witness to many a young woman verbally beat down for not fitting the conventional standard of beauty. much of this verbal abuse was even much more subtle then what i read here, but still i saw cracks in their smiles and the pack thriving on an injured player. imagine if lorde read this thread. imagine if she saw a group of mostly intelligent people saying the meanest things about her she can think of. does this make you feel good? is this the kind of validation women need now? can we only survive as a gender if we tear each other down? the patriarchal structure used to force women to believe they are only worth what men think they are worth. I think that has morphed into something uglier now though, and instead we derive our value from the opinions of other women. i find it so hard to live like this and every day i understand less and less about peoples motivations. love each other. don't be that person they're expecting you to be.

4d05b88473027157c69dadf2c058161f.jpg

--

also, i can never imagine @@SitarHero actually being angry and/or like taking things too seriously on the internet, i always think hes dancing and singing (with no sound, thanks tinychat) and then just pauses for a few seconds to type, then dances again because that is literally all he did the three times he cammed on tc while i was there

(it is still not ok to call somebody ugly.) 

i'm not saying im a saint and ive never called anybody ugly, but whenever i do i always feel bad right after i say it and try to avoid calling that person that again (unless of course referring to their insides (no i dont mean the actual insides), some people are really ugly on the inside though, like really.)  please before u ever say anything about anybody, think about how you would feel if u read that isht about u (i may come off as a hypocrite here, but who cares, this is about YOU, not me.  :fabcat: )

tumblr_mfdm68imF11rr0s0uo1_500.png