#glimmeringdarling

"Once Upon a Dream" (for "Maleficent" Soundtrack) Discussion Thread - OUT NOW!

ITS sO GOOD TBFH

Eh. Same problem I have with the Blue Velvet cover - it's too monotone and downplays the emotion of the lyrics. It's nice though.

but blue velvet is the best song on paradise  :crossed:

could a barb send me a DL link? i dont have a ripper for tumblr :sadcore4: i'll give u 2 mcchickens and a lapdance

tumblr_pinn5thM7y1y0ns5so1_400.gif

Play it while looking at this

INSIDIOUS-MIDLINE.jpg

Lol perfect image for this. This sounds like a schizofrenic blank mental patient singing to her dead lover.. Its completely opposite to the original. Beautiful but so sad... Makes me depressed tbh

Lol perfect image for this. This sounds like a schizofrenic blank mental patient singing to her dead lover.. Its completely opposite to the original. Beautiful but so sad... Makes me depressed tbh

Aurora already had her moment with the original version, now Maleficent gets one and she is evil and fucking upset tbh.

It's pretty and all, I like the darkness, but I don't know I guess it's a little... boring:ohno: Maybe I'll have another listen. Could someone also send me a DL link? 

Gervais hearing you so much right now.

Gervais hearing you so much right now.

Oh my God please NO! I don't mean it's boring like it's too slow or not radio-friendly enough or anything. I just think they could have done more with the orchestral bits and maybe added a suspense factor or something. I guess it's supposed to be dreamy, and that it is, but I was hoping for something even darker like Body Electric live. 

Oh my God please NO! I don't mean it's boring like it's too slow or not radio-friendly enough or anything. I just think they could have done more with the orchestral bits and maybe added a suspense factor or something. I guess it's supposed to be dreamy, and that it is, but I was hoping for something even darker like Body Electric live. 

I don't really see this as meant for radio really. It's part of the film, to me it doesnt exist outside of there unless you love the song enough to play it alone. 'But whatevs, x.

it wasnt meant for radio tho 

its for a fairy tale with dark twist omg  :facepalm:  Its supposed to be like this, what would u want more from the original ?

I don't really see this as meant for radio really. It's part of the film, to me it doesnt exist outside of there unless you love the song enough to play it alone. 'But whatevs, x.

it wasnt meant for radio tho 

I never said it was, that's not what I meant, haha. I was just giving examples of what I didn't mean by boring.

No one gets what I mean! I know that it is for a dark fairytale and all that and I think it suits it nicely, I just wish they would have amped it up just a tad. Like with drums or something! That's all I meant.

I never said it was, that's not what I meant, haha. I was just giving examples of what I didn't mean by boring.

No one gets what I mean! I know that it is for a dark fairytale and all that and I think it suits it nicely, I just wish they would have amped it up just a tad. Like with drums or something! That's all I meant.

I would prefer a hip hop version with Maleficent break dance video clip tbh.