National Anthem

ALLIE X

LT>Focus.

Also, do you think we'll get analog versions for the other songs?

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

My first reaction to little things was really "meh" but it grew a lot on me while on the other hand I enjoyed Not So Bad a lot more when it was released. I think it's all about the production (and her belting, honestly GOD this is TALENT).

Funny I'd say how Focus works just 100% with the record tracklist. I even forgot about how "flat" the last chorus felt when it was released and the analog version.

tbh unpopular opinion but i pretty much prefer focus without the belting and all for the album, i think it just suits as the ending for the album and it closes it up nicely, nsbila, lt and science were the more energetic points of the album and i just dont see the reason for focus being more energetic rather than chill them but well idk 

tbh unpopular opinion but i pretty much prefer focus without the belting and all for the album, i think it just suits as the ending for the album and it closes it up nicely, nsbila, lt and science were the more energetic points of the album and i just dont see the reason for focus being more energetic rather than chill them but well idk 

I kinda agree. This is what I meant about how the record works as a full body and Focus makes a lot more sense. The "minor problem" is the way that it was the first taste we got from the record and... lol.

+ I think it could get repetitive after Little Things, Girl Of The Year etc

Not So Bad In La - 9.5/10 (I'd be a 10 if it was better produced)

Little Things - 8/10

Science - 11/10

Girl of The Year - 10/10

Can't Stop Now - 10/10

F*cus - 6/10

Stop saying Focus is the worst of the album challenge  :crossed:

i think..... super sunset is her best work

ALTHOUGH

i do think the interlude/intro really don't like... add anything to it.

plus i am disheartened at the fact i and a few others were sure this was gonna be a gapless album but in reality there are just strange cuts at the end of some songs.... but oh well

i still love it

9ISvyf0.gif

According to Allie's IG live, the Body Break interlude was going to be a remake/rework of this commercial's theme, but the couldn't get the rights

it was weird, she talked about it in july and she said that they were really excited that someone wanted to sample them bc they thought she was like a huge popstar so i thought those rights had actually been secured but uh, i guess not? idk

X----into me, into you----X

it was weird, she talked about it in july and she said that they were really excited that someone wanted to sample them bc they thought she was like a huge popstar so i thought those rights had actually been secured but uh, i guess not? idk

Well I guess we know why they declined it then nnn

I kinda don't... get Super Sunset.

First of all, it's short. As fuck. I put it on while doing homework and it was over before I could even realize I had it on play. Wtf Allie?

The presence of both an intro and an interlude indicates there should be something to be taken away–a message, a meaning or a story–behind the way itself the songs have been ordered, but where the fuck is the pattern? If you look it at as a "voyage" through her initial years in LA it kinda makes sense, there's the vaporware aesthetics– which is kinda lazy but I mean we're talking about Alli – and it also works track wise: the album abruptly begins with NSBILA, which is supposed to paint a very nostalgic/dusty/cinematographic picture of LA (which is a recurrent theme? Or should be?), and ends with Focus, that allegedly symbolizes her finding inner peace/a healthy love/her place in the world. (Which! Was! The! Story! Of! X's! Whole! Point!). But how do all the songs tie in? Wtf Allie?

Then there's the singlegate. Why on earth did she think it was a good idea to release 5 out of 6 songs in her album before its release? Even if this was not her decision, the single choice in itself makes no sense with the project whatsoever. If Focus as a track has any meaning in being placed at the end, it doesn't make sense to release it as the first single. If, on the other hand, there's a however twisted design behind the single release, it makes no sense to put it as a closer, making the whole tracklist argument faulty. Which one is it? Wtf Allie?

The songs in and of themselves are good, there's basically no fillers (Froot can't relate) and the production is lazy at times but overall decent. I've even grown to like Focus, ffs. I just can't wrap my head around this whole project. Where do we go from here? Does this whole... thing (tongue) tie in with The Story Of X? Is this a standalone? And if it is, why? Why the vaporwave shit? Why the 3 alter egos? What does sci-fi have to do with LA? Wtf Allie?

An album, in this very case a Short Album™ (sic), is always supposed to be more than the sum of its part, because, you know, science (it's actually a scientific theory with studies and stuff https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emergence),but here it isn't. Her previous projects, regardless of the tracks themselves, had a clear vision (well, CLXII didn't have a clear vision, but at its early stages was and we're gonna believe she didn't butcher it the way it is as of now...), and even though Super Sunset promises to have one as well, with the overwhelmingly vaporwave-y aeshtetic, the alter egos and the stylistic choice of intro and interlude–which in my opinion only makes sense if they want to frame in some way the tracks–it just doesn't. Whatever concept or meaning it strived to convey is inexorably lost in the process and you end up with an album that begins and ends in that it has good songs, which is ok I guess since nobody cares about this project anymore and we wanna see CLXIII, but it's a pity because we lost 6 months behind a project that could have been so much more and is kinda disappointing to even begin to deconstruct.

Thanks for coming to my TEDxLanaBoards Talk and don't forget to smash that like button, comment, subscribe and here's my patreon: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/super-sunset/1421851140

Leak Scultpure HQ btw!

edited because I'm stupid!