National Anthem

ALLIE X

On 5/22/2020 at 2:35 PM, June Gloom said:

pickly pickle is going to haunt me just with how juvenile it is.  i can kinda see how it took her a while to get off the ground if her demo reel was so all over the place now?  i know it's supposed to show diversity but like what is this hunny... at least she didn't pay mistake dust like this fanbase does :toofunny:

Picky Pickle and Head Shoulders Knees & Toes are probably from when she was singing children's songs back in the earlier days of her career like Big Yellow Taxi and Suzy Snowflake which are available on streaming to this day on Michael & Jello's album (she's just not credited). Them being ''juvenile'' is understandable..

The whole point of a demo reel is, like you said to show what an artist is capable of so that's why she put very diverse songs on it from many sounds: electro-pop, country, rock, acoustic.. so it's kinda supposed to be ''all over the place''

The muffled lyrics in the Downtown bridge are: 

''Nothing in this room has changed but us 

I still want a pin that I can't touch

I feel it scratching me out''

I had no idea that was what she was saying until now, someone sent me the lyrics and I can hear them.

Allie X - Demo Reel from 2013 https://dbree.org/v/79374d

Tracklist:

1. O Chad

2. It's Oh So Quiet

3. Mistake

4. Head Shoulders Knees & Toes

5. Broken Flowers

6. Misery

7. I Feel Love

8. Pulling Me Down

9. Picky Pickle

10. What a Wonderful World

wh— what is this

lABVyGE.png

O Chad is... that Bitch. Or that Hunk Top. 

The Demo Reel is interesting, funny how it skips some material that could be useful (I guess she didn't have acess to these songs at all??). Tongue Tied, I Will Love You More. Wonder if it's because they were promoted on their own and could be "Known songs" in her catalogue and the demo reel decided to focus on less-known cuts. (Also the amount of covers well I guess diversity is everything)

Allie X - Demo Reel from 2013 https://dbree.org/v/79374d

Tracklist:

1. O Chad

2. It's Oh So Quiet

3. Mistake

4. Head Shoulders Knees & Toes

5. Broken Flowers

6. Misery

7. I Feel Love

8. Pulling Me Down

9. Picky Pickle

10. What a Wonderful World

Excuse me SHE COVERED IT'S OH SO QUIET??? :flutter:

1o0m8bldrh551.png

Ugh almost double posting but I need to make a moment to remember the fact she did not only 1 but 2 THEMED performances, one of them being her fucking weeding. People were dressed up. She was wearing a white dress. Her Fiancé doesn't show up. 

tenor.gif

Imagine if she did something like this in full for Super Sunset? I'm not saying just putting on a wig and vintage dresses, but a whole storyline-d concert including every persona  from that era and some of the songs from Clx I & II.

Allie will be performing on Hyperpop Festival this weekend and i'll be playing a dj set w/ a bunch of other amazing people

everything is going to be streamed on twitch

for more info: https://www.instagram.com/cyberkillsmusic/

EYlFVGNWsAYSnYf.jpg

I wish her audio quality would be a bit better but it was beautiful I see

https://twitter.com/AllieXBR/status/1265098242003546118

I asked her about the signed prints that were supposed to come with the bundles. She said that they were meant to be sent out in mid-March, but due to lockdown regulations and some members of her team being in actual quarantine, they haven't been able to do that. Also, the reason why a handful of people did get their prints is that those are from the March restock of the vinyl; they are aware that the original orders are still missing their prints and they'll send them out as soon as they can.

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

the PHI Center show is FINALLY up in 1080p  :defeated:

I remember staying up late waiting for the show to be live streamed on the actual date, but it was only weird computer backgrounds and shit.. ahh the memories

the PHI Center show is FINALLY up in 1080p  :defeated:

I remember staying up late waiting for the show to be live streamed on the actual date, but it was only weird computer backgrounds and shit.. ahh the memories

FINALLY

Now that was a cultural reset

自由になる自由がある

are there any outtakes from Cape God?

not leaked to my knowledge but allie herself mentioned that she did multiple collaborations with mitski

tumblr_inline_q2nkwneCwi1wb35v4_1280.png

Got a devil on my back as a tribute to my mother

Kinda imagining how much of a slay Cape God would've been if she cut the more lighthearted tracks and stuck through with a darker sound/concept till the very end. The description on Apple Music says the title was inspired by a documentary about the heroin epidemic? I feel like I can't take this album as an interpretation of that seriously with songs like SDPP. Wish she did something more in the vein of Sculpture songwriting-wise.