Jazzmin

Nicole Dollanganger

My favorite song off the album is 'Nymphs Finding the Head of Orpheus'. I've probably listened to it a hundred times at this point. Also, did y'all know that 'Nymphs Finding the Head of Orpheus' was a painting from the 1890s? I think that's very interesting. 

54 minutes ago, Voignamir said:

2 hours ago, Voignamir said:

is the talking bsides or are we getting miss atropa :oprah4:

she better mean atropa

the last rancid girl in a rancid world

tumblr_o12wrv5btd1qj2b14o1_500.gif

and i don't seem to mind

7 hours ago, dollanganger said:

8611953-D-2790-499-D-B18-D-D8-C144-CEEAD

YALLLLLL

12-BE3-EAB-FC4-A-4-E81-8-A64-37-D9-F4-C1

I JUST SAW THISSSS omg if we get another album this year i will pass away :rip: she could just be talking about the B-sides but that is kind of a weird way to phrase it/tease it if she is. i was just thinking yesterday that i hope it won’t take another 5 years for another Nicole album

Okay here's my ranking after many listens:

1. Nymphs Finding the Head of Orpheus 10/10 (creepy and dark, just how i like it)

2. Dogwood 10/10 (i'm a sucker for classic nicole and an acoustic guitar) + it's a really sad song

3. Married in Mount Airy 9/10

4. Bad Man 9/10 (again, just her with an acoustic guitar and that demo like sound is so personal, takes me way back to those rough nights when i first found her music) <3

5. My Darling True 7/10

6. Gold Satin Dreamer 7/10

7. Runnin Free 7/10 (still not a huge fan of the reworked chorus)

8. Summit Song 7/10 (this is quite pretty)

9. Moonlite 6.5/10 (i dunno this one is kinda boring to me)

10. Sometime after midnight 6/10 (ehh)

11. I'll wait for u to call 6/10 (ehhh)

12. Whispering Glades 6/10 (cute, but boring and im sick of ha!)

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

9 hours ago, Voignamir said:

is the talking bsides or are we getting miss atropa :oprah4:

i think it might be both cause back in november she said this 

E51-B217-A-BCE2-4-F21-81-CA-120-E485-F1053.png 

𝖙𝖍𝖔𝖚𝖌𝖍𝖙 𝖎'𝖉 𝖇𝖊 𝖋𝖔𝖗𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖗 𝖎𝖓 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖑𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙 𝖙𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝖜𝖆𝖞

okay, actually, upon further lyrical examination, it actually seems like the Nicole’s original tracklist does tell a chronological story as well about this housewife-archetype’s husband overdosing on something, her using that opportunity to escape and get out of the situation, only to end up with another bad man that she eventually murders herself… maybe i’ve been listening to too much Ethel Cain but this really does seem uncannily like a concept album, i wonder why she hasn’t addressed it if is

Married in Mount Airy — the expedition and setting of the story

Gold Satin Dreamer — a closer insight on this character’s relationship and distance with her husband. kind of described in a way like she knows she’s already losing him to whatever he’s taking

“Sleep on the couch, where the flowers stay / And never bloom but only fade in the sun”

“But I find you here in the blue light of the TV / And I feel you in the wind through the back screen at night / With the kitchen tile cold on my cheek”

Dogwood — this character’s husband passing away, all lyrics are pretty self explanatory

Runnin’ Free — this is where it starts to get interesting; Gold Satin Dreamer made her seem like this housewife stuck at home, presumably for around 10-15 years (“I was married in Mount Airy in it’s prime sometime in the late 60s” from the title track, “In this lonely ‘78 motorhome” from this song). she’s packing up and finally leaving, she has no reason to stay anymore, hence “Runnin’ Free”

“If I told him I'll die out here if I stay / He would hold me in his arms and he’d love it that way”

Bad Man — again, all lyrics are pretty self explanatory. this character is reflecting on the loss of her husband, but from this perspective her rose colored glasses start to come off, in turn opening her up to more experiences like in…

…My Darling True — all lyrics are pretty self explanatory. seems like at this part of the story, this character meets somebody new, someone she shouldn’t be around. this song however is the only one that sorta makes me question if this was an intentional concept album or just songs that coincidentally tell a chronological story, mostly just because of the lyric, “And they say it's time for me to let you go,” which makes it seem like they’ve known each other for a while. it’s like we missed a few chapters lol, although if Sometime After Midnight was between Bad Man and this track, it would make a lot more sense

Moonlite — more insight on the destructive behavior patterns between these two. this main character is building some resentment

Sometime After Midnight — again, this song works with the story a lot better between Bad Man and My Darling true lol. but the lyric, “But there's this feeling in my stomach / Wondering if I should just ignore it, but / I was told when something bad happens it’s usually at night” foreshadows…

…Nymphs Finding the Head of Orpheus — where everything happens. all of the rage that she has built up is unleashed on this man and.. well.. that bitch is dead

“Knowing that I'll make myself sick from the water / Knowing all my tears and rage could load a revolver”

“I used to think you must be the water I drink / Holding me down in these waters down beneath / Singing to the sound of my screaming / But now I see”

“I used to dream of the day it'd be just you and me like the Wild West / Both of us shooting till one of us was dead / You cruel, cruel man”

Summit Song — for some reason, the title of this song is another thing that really sells it to me that this album was meant to tell an intentional story; a summit is a peak, the climax. NFTHOO was definitely the climax of this tale

Whispering Glades — those two bitches are dead!!

I’ll Wait for You to Call — roll credits

like i said maybe i’m just listening to too much Ethel Cain, idk if Nicole intended to do this or if it just happened subconsciously, but regardless it’s really interesting. reallyyyy hoping the music video(s) touch on it

6 hours ago, lilac heaven said:

okay, actually, upon further lyrical examination, it actually seems like the Nicole’s original tracklist does tell a chronological story as well about this housewife-archetype’s husband overdosing on something, her using that opportunity to escape and get out of the situation, only to end up with another bad man that she eventually murders herself… maybe i’ve been listening to too much Ethel Cain but this really does seem uncannily like a concept album, i wonder why she hasn’t addressed it if is

Married in Mount Airy — the expedition and setting of the story

Gold Satin Dreamer — a closer insight on this character’s relationship and distance with her husband. kind of described in a way like she knows she’s already losing him to whatever he’s taking

“Sleep on the couch, where the flowers stay / And never bloom but only fade in the sun”

“But I find you here in the blue light of the TV / And I feel you in the wind through the back screen at night / With the kitchen tile cold on my cheek”

Dogwood — this character’s husband passing away, all lyrics are pretty self explanatory

Runnin’ Free — this is where it starts to get interesting; Gold Satin Dreamer made her seem like this housewife stuck at home, presumably for around 10-15 years (“I was married in Mount Airy in it’s prime sometime in the late 60s” from the title track, “In this lonely ‘78 motorhome” from this song). she’s packing up and finally leaving, she has no reason to stay anymore, hence “Runnin’ Free”

“If I told him I'll die out here if I stay / He would hold me in his arms and he’d love it that way”

Bad Man — again, all lyrics are pretty self explanatory. this character is reflecting on the loss of her husband, but from this perspective her rose colored glasses start to come off, in turn opening her up to more experiences like in…

…My Darling True — all lyrics are pretty self explanatory. seems like at this part of the story, this character meets somebody new, someone she shouldn’t be around. this song however is the only one that sorta makes me question if this was an intentional concept album or just songs that coincidentally tell a chronological story, mostly just because of the lyric, “And they say it's time for me to let you go,” which makes it seem like they’ve known each other for a while. it’s like we missed a few chapters lol, although if Sometime After Midnight was between Bad Man and this track, it would make a lot more sense

Moonlite — more insight on the destructive behavior patterns between these two. this main character is building some resentment

Sometime After Midnight — again, this song works with the story a lot better between Bad Man and My Darling true lol. but the lyric, “But there's this feeling in my stomach / Wondering if I should just ignore it, but / I was told when something bad happens it’s usually at night” foreshadows…

…Nymphs Finding the Head of Orpheus — where everything happens. all of the rage that she has built up is unleashed on this man and.. well.. that bitch is dead

“Knowing that I'll make myself sick from the water / Knowing all my tears and rage could load a revolver”

“I used to think you must be the water I drink / Holding me down in these waters down beneath / Singing to the sound of my screaming / But now I see”

“I used to dream of the day it'd be just you and me like the Wild West / Both of us shooting till one of us was dead / You cruel, cruel man”

Summit Song — for some reason, the title of this song is another thing that really sells it to me that this album was meant to tell an intentional story; a summit is a peak, the climax. NFTHOO was definitely the climax of this tale

Whispering Glades — those two bitches are dead!!

I’ll Wait for You to Call — roll credits

like i said maybe i’m just listening to too much Ethel Cain, idk if Nicole intended to do this or if it just happened subconsciously, but regardless it’s really interesting. reallyyyy hoping the music video(s) touch on it

she said it was a concept album so I think this interpretation is spot on

she also said on twitter the last song turning into the first song is a snake eating its own tail

I think all of these were very conscious decisions

4 hours ago, dollanganger said:

nymphs finding the head of orpheus has debuted at #1 triple platinum 20 grammy nominations in my on repeat playlist

i KNEW when i read the title of the song that it would absolutely destroy us all with its beauty :legend:

aOaIzH2.gif

i would like to gift 2 digital copies of the new album to the first two people to DM me their emails!

i downloaded a leak the day before the album released here (sorry nicole) but still want to support her financially (my streams, as many as they are, likely result in about 50 cents of profit).

edit: both copies gone thanks y'all!

aOaIzH2.gif

7 hours ago, Voignamir said:

ohh i can make a tracker i think i have all of her available material

okay so i won't have time to make one until like next week but if anyone is looking for something in particular you can dm me :bop: available material only obv, i don't have empty homes or anything

The title track and Dogwood are already like my top listened this year. I just keep listening over and over….and Nymphs is so fucking dreamy. AOTY

d4yQCBo.jpg
The Log Lady [to Laura]: “When this kind of fire starts, it is 
very hard to put out. The tender boughs of innocence burn first, and the wind rises, and then all goodness is in jeopardy.”

Do we think there will be a vinyl release for this album? I would absolutely adore. I am a new stan so idk what her history w vinyl releases are (and especially in the post-2020 era where vinyl is way more expected than prior to 2020)