Bae

Lana Questionnaire

1. How did you discover Lana? When and What Era?

Searched for opera Carmen and got the LDR song Carmen. This was January 2014.

2. First song(s)?

Carmen and Born To Die.

3.what did you think?

I absolutely loathe Carmen with a passion now lmao. I still love Born To Die.

4. Your favourite song(s)?

Born To Die, Off To The Races, Blue Jeans, Video Games (first 4 songs of BTD are literally perfect), National Anthem Demo, Summertime Sadness, Ride, Yayo, Ultraviolence, West Coast, Pretty When You Cry, The Other Woman, Put Me In A Movie, Kill Kill, Serial Killer, You Can Be The Boss

5. Least favourite song(s)?

Carmen (:hooker:), Old Money, Million Dollar Man :wtf:, Sad Girl, Mermaid Motel, Gramma

6. What song(s) "grew" on you?

Cruel World, Pretty When You Cry, Off To The Races, Velvet Crowbar

7. Whats your favourite Lana era as of now? (May jailer, Lizzy Grant, Lana Del Rey)

Lana Del Rey

8. Favourite Album(s)?

Ultraviolence.

9. Least favourite(s) ?

pretty much everything before AKA

10. Favourite song preformed live?

Ultraviolence in Houston on the first concert of the Endless Summer Tour.

11. First song/Album purchased/Downloaded?

Born To Die - The Paradise Edition

12. Favourite song quote/lyric?

"Tell me I'm your National Anthem" really resonates with me for some reason. The lyrics on that song are so good, except the "boo yaa baby bow wow take ma body downtown" parts :awkney:

I also love the lyrics to West Coast.

fullsizeoutput-3494.png

Discovered Lana right around when Video Games blew up, like most people.

2. First song(s)?

Video Games. I remember listening to it, then I turned to the video. I did this with Born To Die as well. Born To Die as a song stuck with me much more than Video Games for some reason.

3. What did you think?

At first, I was skeptical about all the hype. Obviously that changed and it grew on me. I was never really vocal about how much I enjoyed her music though, and had no idea how popular she was among my friends until they casually mentioned it. I remember being so attached to her music, it really got me through some rough days.

I can't pick just one. 

Queen Of The Gas Station, Jump, Put Me In A Movie, Yayo, Born To Die (ultimate fave from BTD), National Anthem, Off To The Races, Ride, Cola, Ultraviolence, Brooklyn Baby, Florida Kilos, Us Against The World, Hundred Dollar Bill, Every Man Gets His Wish, Meet Me In The Pale Moonlight, Tired Of Singing The Blues, Hollywood, Queen Of Disaster, Live Or Die, Boarding School, TV In Black & White, Kinda Outta Luck 

Not a big fan of Burning Desire or Dark Paradise atm

Shades of Cool, actually. I didn't really like it, but now I think it's one of the best. AKA took me a bit to adjust to as well.

7. Whats your favourite Lana era as of now? (May jailer, Lizzy Grant, Lana Del Rey)

It's a tie between Lizzy and Lana.

8. Favourite Album(s)?

AKA or UV. UV is very special to me.

9. Least favourite(s) ?

Sirens. I don't hate it though.

Born To Die, Brooklyn Baby, Cola. I love her performances of Yayo and HDB too. 

11. First song/Album purchased/Downloaded?

Video Games and Born To Die were the first songs, and obv BTD for album.

The entire bridge of OTTR

"I'm tired of feeling like I'm fucking crazy/I'm tired of driving til I see stars in my eyes"

The verse in Cola that starts w/ "I fall asleep in an American flag"

All of Yayo tbh 

I discovered her in June 2011 when someone I followed on Tumblr reblogged Video Games

2. First song(s)? 

Video Games

3.what did you think?

I wasn't THAT into it. I liked it but I wasn't crazy about it. It wasn't until I heard TIWMUG and OTTR that an obsession was born.

When I say I can't choose, I REALLY can't choose. So many beautiful songs.

Daddy Issues and Guns & Roses 

Bel-Air

I love all of them, but I particularly love the care-free, happy Lizzy Grant era. At the same time, I love that sad-core, vintage-y LDR and the stripped-back, heartfelt May Jailer so I really don't know.

8. Favourite Album(s)?

Either BTD or AKA

9. Least favourite(s) ?

UV :(

Video Games. I would probably choose a different song if I had never seen her actually perform it live, but I really had a moment when she sang it at my show.

Paradise was the first album I actually bought with my own money and didn't torrent.

'I'm that bitch that you can't fuck with' Such a beautiful and heartfelt lyric. 

We took a class field trip to see Gatsby, and I fell in love (early/mid 2013)

2. First song(s)?

Young and Beautiful & American

3.what did you think?

I loved her

West Coast (Single Mix), Gods and Monsters, Young and Beautiful, Brooklyn Baby, Video Games

Million Dollar Man, Blue Jeans, Guns and Roses, Cola, Diet Mountain Dew

I hated Shades of Cool, and now it's one of my favorites.

LDR. I can't really get into May Jailer or Lizzy Grant.

8. Favourite Album(s)?

Ultraviolence

9. Least favourite(s) ?

AKA

Serial Killer

Off to the Races

"My clothes still smell like you, and all the photographs say you’re still young. I pretend I’m not hurt, and go about the world like I’m havin’ fun."

tumblr_nkg4kzoz7y1td0oleo1_500.gif

How did you discover Lana? When and What Era?

Born To Die And I discovered her from a video that put her song. (?)

First song(s)?

Without You and Serial Killer

What did you think?

I liked the lyrics.

Your favourite song(s)?

Boarding School, Noir, Ultraviolence, Put Me In A Movie, Cola, Born To Die, Teenage Wasteland, Us Against The World, Tv In Black & White, Carmen, Money Power Glory, Queen of Disaster, Jealous Girl, Smarty, Sad Girl omg

Least favourite song(s)?

Yayo, Burning Desire, Old Money, Blue Velvet, American, Ride.

What song(s) "grew" on you?

Blue Jeans

Whats your favourite Lana era as of now? (May jailer, Lizzy Grant, Lana Del Rey)

This is very difficult... I'm between Lizzy and Lana...

Favourite Album(s)?

Born To Die

Least favourite(s)?

Sirens

Favourite song preformed live?

Serial Killer and Born To Die.

First song/Album purchased/Downloaded?

First Song: Without You

First Album: Ultraviolence

Favourite song quote/lyric? 

'everything is fine but i wish i was dead'

tumblr_m5ui30G0B61r1peixo1_500.gif

I first discovered Lana when the Video Games EP was released in late 2011. She caught my attention when the EP was #1 on Australian iTunes store so I gave it a listen and fell in love with it.

2. First song(s)?

Video Games and Blue Jeans

3. What did you think?

It was so different to what I would usually listen to but I was so addicted to it. It was incredible.

Blue Jeans, Born to Die, Off to the Races, Gods and Monsters, Ride.

Burning Desire

Carmen, Million Dollar Man, Shades of Cool, Cruel World, Sad Girl, Yayo, Bel Air.

7. Whats your favourite Lana era as of now? (May Jailer, Lizzy Grant, Lana Del Rey)

Lana Del Rey.

8. Favourite Album(s)?

Born to Die. It came at a time in my life that was so special to me and I have incredible memories of it.

9. Least favourite(s) ?

I don't really have one.

Video Games 

Song: Video Games

EP: Video Games

Album: Born to Die

"Heaven is a place on Earth with you"

I heard about Lana when most people did after Video Games went viral, but I didn't actually get into her until summer 2014 about a month before Ultraviolence came out. 

2. First song(s)?

The first song I heard was Video Games, and I actually thought it was boring at the time. Then I heard Ride when the video came out. When I decided to give her a chance, I just listened to the whole Born To Die album in one sitting.

3.what did you think?

Video Games didn't impress me the first time, and when I heard Ride, I just thought it was too somber especially the way it starts. But I really loved Blue Jeans and when I heard Off To The Races, I was like, "Wow she's a fucking genius."

Off To The Races, Blue Jeans, Radio, Ride, Cola, West Coast, Brooklyn Baby, Diet Mountain Dew, Serial Killer, Body Electric, Sad Girl, Money Power Glory, Florida Kilos, Summertime Sadness...I feel like I'm listing her whole discography.

Blue Velvet, Born To Die, Lucky Ones, Yayo.

Ride, West Coast, Video Games.

LDR.

8. Favourite Album(s)?

BTD.

9. Least favourite(s) ?

Lana Del Ray AKA Lizzy Grant

10. Favourite song performed live?

Serial Killer

BTD

"Let's take Jesus off the dashboard, got enough on his mind"

"I was an angel looking to get fucked hard"

"I'm tired of feeling like I'm fucking crazy, I'm tired of driving til I see stars in my eyes"

Either just before or after Paradises release.  It was back in the day where you could see what videos your subscriptions on YouTube were liking.  I was subscribed to a channel for their videos of Amy Lee (evanescence)  and I saw they kept liking videos of these songs from "Lana Del Rey",  and finally after like a week of seeing them in my recommended,  I decided to click on one called " Summertime Sadness "

2. First song(s)?

SS,  then Born to Die,  Blue Jeans,  video games and Carmen,  before the rest of BTD

3.what did you think?

I fell in love with them all instantly, mainly because of her low voice, but also the cinematic style.

Cruel World,  Freak,  Angels Forever,  Heroin,  Born To Die,  idk,  those are the mains. The others change a lot. 

Coachella,  lust for life,  Florida kilos (I just know someone's gonna quote this now) 

Blue Jeans,  body electric,  cola,  national anthem and off to the races. 

7. Whats your favourite Lana era as of now? 

The phase between Paradise and UV,  so basically when Tropico came out

8. Favourite Album(s)?

Honeymoon and Ultraviolence

9. Least favourite(s) ?

LFL if I'm honest

Yayo 

BTD,  Paradise Edition

"I think we're like fire and water, I think we're like the wind and sea

You're burning up I'm cooling down... You're blind,  I see,  and I'm free"

this is cute im doing it

In 2011 on some blog

2. First song(s)?

Video Games

3.what did you think?

I thought it was the best song I had ever heard in my life (no jokes I flipped when I heard)

Yayo, Video Games, Ride, Cruel World

Coachella, but honestly I like it now. I guess my least favorite would be some of her unreleased stuff. 

Lucky Ones, In My Feelings, Coachella

Lana Del Rey, but if I would have gotten to experience lizzy like I did peak 2012 lana I think it would be my favorite

8. Favourite Album(s)?

Paradise

9. Least favourite(s) ?

Ultraviolence (don't come for my wig I still love it)

Million Dollar Man, Carmen, Terrence Loves You, Burning Desire, Young and Beautiful.

BtD, but I remeber buying Paradise the day it came out on CD. I made my mom drive me like 30 minutes so I could get it  :toofunny:  :toofunny:  :toofunny:

Spin me round kiss me in chevrolet I love you more with each and everyday  :sadcore2:  :sadcore3:  :sadcore6:  :crying4: 

I'm bored and I like to answer questions  :creep: :

Officially I think it was indeed 2012, but I think I already had seen her face in 2011. Because at the time, I used to visit this teen magazine site in my country called Capricho and that's how I discovered her. I liked to look into those lists that showed the style of each celebrity, their make up, what they wore in the red carpet, etc. She was almost always on these lists and then I got kinda curious. That was when I clicked in a article of the site that was like "Who's Lana Del Rey? Get to Know her!" and they said she was new and showed Video Games below hehe.

2. First song(s)?

You could obviously say that was Video Games because of the ^. But I have the habit to save a song to listen to it later since I was 12  :toofunny: . So my first song was Blue Jeans.

3.What did you think?

I didn't like her voice lmao. I was never a big fan of low voices tbh. When it comes to the music, I guess I didn't really have an opinion whether I liked or not, it just wasn't my type of music at the time. I was in my Avril Lavigne era of my life. Sure I liked some sad music already, but not so majestic and adult.

It used to be Blue Jeans, my all time favorite. But Born to Die honestly makes me feel so enlighted sometimes that it just took the place of BJ. I still have a special place in my heart for BJ tho because he took my virginity  :krylie: . My other favorites are Cruel World, Heroin, Flipside, Change, Venice Bitch and How to Disappear.

Guns And Roses, Go Go Dancer, For K Part.2(Edit: Forget it. It grew on me, but I prefer the demo 2  :creep:)  and Kill Kill. And the covers, but I just don't care about them. Edit 2: Also, I forgot to include Beautiful People, Beautiful Problems and Summer Bummer.  :eek: 

Art Deco and Brite Lites. And now For K. Part.2  :D

I guess between UV and HM, when she was doing the Endless Summer Tour and recording HM. I just love her bangs lol.

8. Favourite Album(s)?

It's still Ultraviolence, but Lust For Life almost stole it. I think Norman Fucking Rockwell will soon take the first place tho. Enjoy your crown while it last, UV...  :illumilana: 

9. Least favourite(s) ?

AKA, sorry.  :um3: 

10. Favourite song performed live?

Born to Die and the medley are pretty emotional to me. Off To The Races is  :illumilana2: 

I downloaded first for a friend, actually (that's how I listened to Blue Jeans for the first time. She wanted me to download a few songs for her and Lana was in the list). So the first download was Blue Jeans. But the official, for my own music library, I guess it was Get Drunk (because I heard in a tv show fan video). 

"I'm flying to the moon again

Dreaming about marzipan
Taking all my medicine
To take my thoughts away"

32c003478b7ec35a4b8ae368a22ebabc5be17593

This looks fun

1. How did you discover Lana? When and What Era? @@alive showed me some of her 2010/2011 unreleased songs and I really liked em

2. First song(s)? Either Brooklyn Baby or Jealous Girl

3. What did you think? I really wasn't one for pop music but that shit BUMPED

4. Your favourite song(s)? Shades of Cool, Terrence Loves You, and Pawn Shop Blues for released; Yes To Heaven, Your Girl, and Tired of Singing the Blues for unreleased

5. Least favourite song(s)? BPBP, Put Me in a Movie, and Dark Paradise for released, 

6. What song(s) "grew" on you? A lot of the Honeymoon songs, I used to just not dig it but I listened to TLY once and started sobbing skskskskk

7. Whats your favourite Lana era as of now? (May Jailer, Lizzy Grant, Lana Del Rey) Big fan of AKA, Ultraviolence, Honeymoon, and Tropico (not Paradise as a whole)'s aesthetics

8. Favourite Album(s)? Honeymoon

9. Least favourite(s)? Lust For Life

10. Favourite song preformed live? Off To The Races live. I don't even like the released version 

11. First song/Album purchased/Downloaded? Maybe Serial Killer?

12. Favourite song quote/lyric? "A little party never hurt no one", "I lost myself when I lost you", and "Said it's nice to love and be loved but I'd rather know what God is for" sticks with me a lot despite me being very atheist. 

CAUSE BACK IN SCHOOL

WE ARE THE LEADERS OF IT ALL

I don’t remember exactly, I think I was looking someone up, and she came up in the “ppl also search for” thing and I was like “oh this chick looks interesting” so I read about her and got into her music. This was sometime in 2016. I discovered some of her unreleased through a Clevver video :toofunny: It was “Top 10 Celebs Who’ve Dissed Lady Gaga” And they played So Legit. I liked it, so I went and listened in full.

2. First song(s)?

My first unreleased was almost definitely 1949, my first released was probably Summertime Sadness or BTD, one of the “basic songs”

3.what did you think?

I was a dumb kid who listened to country mostly (it was my country faze **cringe**) so I thought she was emo and I thought I was cool for liking her

Too lazy to make a list, my overall fav songs of hers are Love and American

Maybe Blue Velvet. It’s boring af. I don’t “hate” any of her songs tho

Jealous Girl, Cola, Put The Radio On

I love really all her eras.

8. Favourite Album(s)?

My rank of her records

1 Norman Fucking Rockwell (based on the songs we’ve heard)

2 Ultraviolence

3 Born To Die

4 Honeymoon/ Lana Del Ray AKA Lizzy Grant (tie)

5 Paradise

6 Lust For Life,tho it has its gems

9. Least favourite(s) ?

See above

If this means fav live performances: Million Dollar Man at BBC Hackney Weekend 2012, Born To Die poolside at the Chateau Marmont, and Body Electric at iTunes Fesitval 2013

To this day, I don’t have any of her full albums downloaded (I’m a cd person). The first song I downlaoded was Dark Paradise, and the first album I bought on CD was Lust For Life

Too many to say

Hell, I Suppose if You Stick Around Long Enough, They Have to Say Something Nice About You

I discovered Lana through Tumblr. I really liked a girl youtuber from my country, she's really cool I follow her to this day. And she promoted her tumblr on one of her videos one time and I didn't know what that was (this was probably 2014) so I clicked on her blog and it was amazing, I fell in love with it and that led me to make a tumblr account 1 and a half years later. The first thing she had on autoplay at that time was Lana so that's how I discovered her. It's important mentioning that this is when I discovered her, but in time I forgot about her until towards the end of 2015 I looked up her tumblr again and heard the song again and I remembered that I really liked it so it was late 2015 when I actually got into Lana's other music and became a fan.

2. First song(s)? 

The first Lana song I've ever heard was You can be the boss, it was the song on autoplay on that girl's tumblr.

3. What did you think? 

When I heard it I was like, ''whoa what music is this?'' 'cause I was just listening to what was on TV at that time in my life so I didn't know much :toofunny: The song was very low key, very chill and seductive in a way. Her voice sounded so hot it literally seduced me and I immediately pictured her to be a very sexy woman, very beautiful and elegant and all that shit. I read her name and was like ''damn I bet she's one of those underground singers that only cool kids listen too'' -and I was pretty much right lol- and then I became a fan.

My favourite Lana Del Rey songs are: Shades of cool, Heroin, Venice bitch, Honeymoon, Yayo(AKA), Video games, West coast, Freak, Cruel world and another UV one (I really can't choose between Brooklyn baby, Sad girl, Black beauty or Flipside so I'm listing all 4 of them lol) 

I don't really think about how I don't like some of Lana's songs, I only think about the good ones, but I think that I enjoy the following songs of hers the least: Coachella, BPBP, GBA (Yikes, sorry LFL) 

I don't really have an answer to this. Songs usually don't grow on me. Like, it never happened to me to be meh about a song at first but then, in time realizing that it's really good. However the reverse happened many times, when I think a song is pretty great but then I end up listening to it like once a year lol. 

7. Whats your favourite Lana era as of now? (May Jailer, Lizzy Grant, Lana Del Rey) 

My favourite era is Ultraviolence

8. Favourite Album(s)? 

Ultraviolence, Honeymoon

9. Least favourite(s)? 

Lust for Life, Born to die

Body electric, in Berlin at the Citadel music festival, 2014, favourite live performance ever. Million dollar man live in Carcassone, 2014 comes in really close. Another reason why 2014 and the UV era is my favourite, she had the best concerts in 2014.

Fisrt song downloaded was You can be the boss, first album was Born to die 

Favourite song ever is Shades of cool. For the lyrics, I don't have a favourite one but I'm gonna list some ones that I really really like and relate to

''I'm flying to the moon again, dreaming about marzipan, taking all my medicine to take my thoughts away'' 

''I wanna move out of the black into the blue'' 

''Finally I'm crossing the threshold from the ordinary world to the reveal of my heart. Undoubtedly, that will for certain take the dead out of the sea and the darkness from the arts''

''The power of youth is on my mind, sunsets, small town, I'm out of time''

''My father's love was always strong, my mother's glamour lives on and on. Yet still inside, I felt alone for reasons unknown to me''

~~~My body is stuck in the ocean ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xU My mind is lost in the universe*** 

I knew about her since she blew up in early 2012. I was never really a real fan, so I kind of just listened to a few of the same songs by her (Born to Die, Once Upon a Dream). I was critical of her for a long time and refused to get into her because of all of the criticism surrounding her (which was stupid). Then I became a real fan in 2015 after listening to her Lizzy Grant stuff on youtube. 

2. First song(s)?
Born to Die, Once Upon a Dream

3. What did you think?

There was something about her that I really understood and related to.

Shades of Cool, Million Dollar Man, Mermaid Motel, 24

Coachella, In My Feelings (sorry)

Radio, West Coast (it's one of my favorites now), Brooklyn Baby, Lust For Life, Love

Lana Del Rey's Ultraviolence era

8. Favourite Album(s)?
Ultraviolence and Honeymoon

9. Least favourite(s) ?
Lust For Life, although I do enjoy most the album

Million Dollar Man, Shades of Cool

Honeymoon vinyl in 2015

Jim taught me that Loving him was never enough

You call me lavender, you call me sunshine.

1. How did you discover Lana? When and What Era? I discovered Lana thanks to a Gawker article in 2012 during the Lana Del Rey EP era (I guess that's the BTD era technically)

2. First song(s)? Video Games

3.what did you think? I thought her music was pretty good, and then when BTD came out I was hooked

4. Your favourite song(s)? Venice Bitch, Ride, American, Florida Kilos, Ultraviolence, Freak, Heroin

5. Least favourite song(s)? Noir, Blue Velvet, Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood, Young and Beautiful

6. What song(s) "grew" on you? all of Honeymoon

7. Whats your favourite Lana era as of now? (May jailer, Lizzy Grant, Lana Del Rey) May Jailer, Lizzy Grant, and Lana Del Rey are all tied with each other but I'll pick Lana Del Rey

8. Favourite Album(s)? Ultraviolence, AKA

9. Least favourite(s)? Honeymoon, Lust for Life

10. Favourite song preformed live? Without You,, Live at Amoeba

11. First song/Album purchased/Downloaded? Lana Del Rey EP

12. Favourite song quote/lyric?  "I'm flying to the moon again dreaming about marzipan/Taking all my medicine to take my thoughts away"

giphy.gif

My dad has actually suggested Born to Die when I had introduced him to Halsey’s Badlands in 2015/16, so I’d say post-Honeymoon but pre-Lust for Life. I didn’t actually give her stuff a listen for a while but I’m glad I did lol

2. First song(s)? National Anthem, Summertime Sadness, Blue Jeans, Shades of Cool, Terrence Loves You

3.What did you think? Could take or leave NA at first but fell in love with TLY and SOC. Liked SS and BJ pretty well

4. Your favourite song(s)? Black Beauty, Terrence Loves You, Religion, Beautiful People (2014), Fine China, Bel Air, Is This Happiness, 24, The Blackest Day, Tomorrow Never Came, Heroin, Change, Get Free, Mariners Apartment Complex, Wait for Life, Junky Pride

5. Least favourite song(s)? Burning Desire, Florida Kilos, Summer Bummer, Yayo (Paradise), Put Me in a Movie

6. What song(s) "grew" on you? National Anthem, Honeymoon, Big Eyes, Sad Girl, Video Games, Off to the Races

7. What’s your favourite Lana era as of now? (May Jailer, Lizzy Grant, Lana Del Rey) Lana

8. Favourite Album(s)? Honeymoon and Ultraviolence

9. Least favourite(s)? Paradise

10. Favourite song preformed live? Not sure tbh

11. First song/album purchased/downloaded? National Anthem

12. Favourite song quote/lyric?Too many tbh lol

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

fun

I first discovered Lana in late-2013, I guess the middle of the Paradise era (Tropico maybe?). I explicitly remember this because I got a new phone around November/December-ish and I used a free trial of Deezer and for some reason went on Lana's page to listen to ... Blue Jeans probably. Her top tracks were literally just VIdeo Games, Ride and OTTR. 

My first real era was Ultraviolence. I kept up with all the single releases pretty loosely via Facebook, but I always listened to them and began to anticipate the next single release each time. I remember listening to Brooklyn Baby and loving it, UV (the song) came out on my birthday so that was something. West Coast was nice but I didn't instantly click with it (bearing in mind my music taste prior to this was non-existent, like local rappers and stuff). 

2. First song(s)?

So my first ever Lana song was the Summertime Sadness remix   :creep:. It was obviously everywhere in 2013 so youtubed it, and i remember reading in the comments how the original was so depressing compared to the remix which made me interested. I watched the MV and instantly googled 'Is Lana Del Rey a lesbian?'

Then Blue Jeans, then Born to Die, then Ride, then OTTR. 

3.what did you think?

I liked the remix, the original veryyyy gradually creeped up on me. What really captured me was blue jeans; the inflections in her voice and the general atmosphere of the track really shattered my perception of her, I was bumping that song a lot a lot a lot. The RAC remix of BJ was also great for me at the time. But it was all solidified when I heard Ride - it was like real music that i had never heard before. I was actually torn between OTTR and Ride because they were so different but so good.

AKA: Kill Kill, QOTGS, Gramma, PMIAM, MM, Brite Lites demo (leak mertens aka) 

BTD: Video Games, Summertime Sadness, Lolita (demo 4), National Anthem, OTTR

Paradise: Ride, American, Blue Velvet

UV: the whole album literally 

HM: Honeymoon, MTWBT, Freak, Burnt Norton (yep), 24, Swan Song 

LFL: um Get Free, WTW (probably)

NFR: venice bic

I hate coachella. Apart from that: LFL, Dark Paradise, (tbh a lot of lfl songs will fit into here sadly). 

MPG, FMWUTTT, Guns and Roses, Video Games, 24

Lana Del Rey (but from BTD-UV, maybe HM) 

8. Favourite Album(s)?

Ultraviolence > Paradise > AKA > BTD > HM > LFL 

9. Least favourite(s) ?

LFL sorry its nice though 

/// not sure, young and beautiful, her covers of knocking on heaven's door + scarborough fair, idk I don't really follow her live 

SS is the first i ever streamed so  :creep:

Lots:

"Tell me that you think I'm good / happy that I make you glad"

"I'm in love lying in the sand", "1, 2, make it fun - don't trust anyone"

"he's got the fire and he walks with it"

"i hear the birds in the summer breeze"

many i'm forgetting 

FmgKWb8.gif?1     HNqlJGD.gif

Stumbled upon "Video Games" "Off to the Races" on YouTube back around 2011-2012ish. I remember it was around the time it only had a couple thousand views, and it was linked to me through a film-related forum at the time via Facebook by a friend.

2. First song(s)?

"Video Games", "Blue Jeans", "Yayo", "Off to the Races", "Pawn Shop Blues"... and then Born to Die was released, and I bought the CD on my way to work. 

3.what did you think?

It was the first time I head an artist starting while I was alive that gave me the same kind of chills the classics did. She made me cry. I got her songs stuck in my head. I couldn't stop thinking about her. 

Shit.... "Flipside", "Video Games", "Yayo", "Ride", "Sad Girl", "Carmen", "Cruel World", "Salvatore", "Venice Bitch", "Bel Air", "West Coast", "Money Power Glory", "Old Money", "Big Eyes".... etc etc obvs

"Guns and Roses", "Lolita", "Dark Paradise"

Fucking "Diet Mountain Dew", and "Summer Bummer"/"Groupie Love" duo

Lana

8. Favourite Album(s)?

Ultraviolence, with Honeymoon in a close second.

9. Least favourite(s) ?

I guess Lust for Life, but I still love it - warts and all.

"Heart-Shaped Box"; and then this:

Born to Die CD from Target with the bonus tracks ("Lucky Ones" included.)

"But you can find me, if you ask nicely. Underneath the pines. With the daisies, feeling hazy, in the ballroom of my mind. Across that county line."  :paris: 

I first discovered Lana in late 2011 when Video Games blew up and the song was practically playing everywhere. That too, Lana was also heavily focused in the news that time (her blowing up from nowhere, her enigmatic image etc.) Video Games was a lovely track but I didn't look into it further. In November of 2012 (a year after Lana blew up) I was shopping in HMV and saw that Lana's Born To Die was on sale. So I thought why not buy it? Played it when I got back home and there my love for her music began!

2. First song(s)?

Video Games. Blue Jeans. Off to The Races.

3.What did you think?

I loved that she came from nowhere and just shook the industry up. She talented like that :flutter: . Her music was so entrancing and there was a beautiful, timeless, melancholic vibe to her music unlike I've ever heard. Lana at the time came and introduced us to the beauty of soft sadness in a vintage film. I found it beautiful and one of a kind. 

As of now: How To Disappear, Music to Watch Boys to, The Blackest Day, 24, Honeymoon, Shades of Cool, Brooklyn Baby

Million Dollar Man, and OTTR

Dark Paradise, Bel Air, Burning Desire, White Mustang 

Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood, Change

Lana Del Rey

8. Favourite Album(s)?

Tie between Ultraviolence & Honeymoon.

9. Least favourite(s) ?

Lust for Life. The album was rushed in the end. The change of direction almost at finalization to more politically driven songs aged the album (and the breakup of G-eazy thrown in). We missed out on bops like BAR, Roses Bloom For You, Yosemite, and the Beautiful People demo. 

So many. But currently:

First purchase was the Born to Die album.

All of Pawn Shop Blues. The Bridge on Off to The Races. 

source.gif source.gif

1. How did you discover Lana? When and what era?

it was september 9 2013, i was on a roadtrip to nebraska with my mom and i was listening to either lady gaga radio or marina and the diamonds radio on pandora. off to the races randomly came on (and i had heard of lana before, just never listened to her music) and i fell in LOVE with that song. i guess that would be the paradise era or ultraviolence prerelease era

2. First song(s)?

legend Off To The Races

3. What did you think?

i love alternative pop females, but this sound was like nothing i had ever heard before. i loved the melodrama and references to dangerous relationships, drinking, gambling, etc which to 12 year old me all seemed very cool and alluring lol

this is SO hard, but i would have to say shades of cool, black beauty, and flipside are my top three - ultraviolence is my favorite work of hers.

honestly? probably none. even the songs i cant really get into i still like and im glad lana made them

oh man, again a hard question... some of the born to die tracks had to grow on me, i felt at first they were way too dramatic but now ive grown to appreciate that era of her music. ultraviolence did not instantly click with me only because i never expected her to release an album like that, but now its my favorite. honeymoon i have basically liked since its release. lust for life was... definitely something, some of the tracks are totally hit or miss for me, or i have to be in a certain mood to listen to them. nearly all of her unreleased discography had to grow on me. but again, i like everything lana has made

i love all of her eras, so its hard for me to pick, but the lizzy grant, ultraviolence, and honeymoon eras are my favorite in terms of aesthetic and music

8. Favourite Album(s)?

ultraviolence. i love aka and honeymoon dearly as well

9. Least favourite(s) ?

born to die - its not bad at all, its just in my opinion her least bestest, since everything she makes is next to godliness  :P totally based on personal taste.

no clue honestly, since i prefer album versions anyway

probably off to the races, then the rest of born to die and paradise, but i usually only listened to a few tracks from each. ultraviolence was the first album of hers i streamed from beginning to end.

walking is an art! so is my body! (jk, but noir is legendary)

tumblr_inline_p7g3g992X51rujz3w_250.gif