lflflflflflflflflflf

Ultraviolence Tracklist Discussion

if it leaks like a few days/a week before the release, I'm not too bothered because it's unlikely to dramatically hurt her sales. if it's over a month before (eg. it leaks sometime this week) then I will be pretty pissed

still, I will download it illegally when/if it leaks, but I'm definitely gonna buy it on CD when it is eventually released :illumarina:

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

I think it's a double meaning. She 'fucked' up to the top and 'fucked up' to the top, ya'know? Maybe she regrets sleeping w people she shouldn't have (if she really did).

And yeah, about 95% of the time, leaks are inevitable. A few days before the release day someone's gonna risk their media retail job and rip the CD before it goes up. Or someone with high access will catch it on it's way to digital retailers. Inevitable if a lot of people are handling the songs leading up to the release date.

If it's leaked by a random ripper/person then it's like "ugh, fair enough- this happens all the time" but if it's leaked by a fan then the problem would be more serious.

If it's leaked by a random ripper/person then it's like "ugh, fair enough- this happens all the time" but if it's leaked by a fan then the problem would be more serious.

Indeed.

tumblr_or3tpeCeWc1rtq3bfo1_400.gif

Guest Dot

Tbh I don't care for Kill Kill THAT much. AKA's version is great. The only old song that deserves to be on UV is Hundred Dollar Bill since she actually says Ultraviolent in the song.

Money, Power, Glory & FMUTTT sound like they could actually relate to the theme of HDB. And just because she says "Ultraviolent Swing" in the song doesn't mean it deserves to be on UV. So far, we don't know much about the theme of UV, yet.

@@prostitutestare My assumptions about Kill Kill are based on the fact that Lana uploaded it as "Florida Dark" (Kill Kill was never meant to be the title of that track), that it's a bonus track and that the West Coast video is actually using images from the Kill Kill lyrics. Also, the fact that she said she wanted to remake it and that she has already remade Yayo is supporting that theory. Oh and by the way, I don't even care that much about Kill Kill but I wanna see if she's able to improve it. :)

Money, Power, Glory & FMUTTT sound like they could actually relate to the theme of HDB. And just because she says "Ultraviolent Swing" in the song doesn't mean it deserves to be on UV. So far, we don't know much about the theme of UV, yet.

There isn't a theme of UV, at least according to Lana. Which may explain that cover...

Money, Power and Glory, FMWTTT, Ultraviolence and Old Money are such good titles. I would love to see US dealing with a single named Fucked My Way to The Top so I expect it as the new one (it's not gonna happen is it??) 

About Sad Girls I guess is the new Carmen and related to Girls who get high way too much. Lana mentioned Carmen being one of her fav songs. 

I want to get the second single on the album release date, maybe Cruel World. I honestly think the album will have 4-5 singles.
1. West Coast
2. Ultraviolence - on the album release date (worldwide).
3. Money, Power, Glory
4. Brooklyn Baby (US) / Sad Girl (Worldwide)
5. Old Money OR Pretty When You Cry as the final single.

I think the album will get 3 to 4 singles , depends on how well it's received. 

lol my bet is 2 singles at most :/, and every single will be bad executed lmao 

Don't Naacho!  :crossed:

I know that I will probably overplay the album to fuck and love each and every song but I don't think a lot of people are gonna wanna listen to a 6 minute song (I skip Beyonce's Haunted half way through almost every time lmfao. I know Paramore's 'Future' is over six minutes long but it's the last song on the album so it's different.) I just feel that people are gonna skip over CW and play Ultraviolence (song) first most of the time.

That's because Beyoncé's songs are more superficial than a kids pool. VG was a 5 minutes ballad an I think that turned out alright for her... :D No one skipped that one ...so...it's more about the material and less about the amount of minutes. Plus 5 to 6 minutes is nothing out of the extraordinary.

glgcDdT.gif

I would love to see US dealing with a single named Fucked My Way to The Top so I expect it as the new one (it's not gonna happen is it??) 

If that will be the case then I think they'll probably just pull a "Cola" and rename it. I wouldn't be surprised if say "Fought My Way to the Top" happened  :whatever:

EQFO7rX.png

If that will be the case then I think they'll probably just pull a "Cola" and rename it. I wouldn't be surprised if say "Fought My Way to the Top" happened  :whatever:

I personally think, they will do this for the Kidz Bop version , like they did it with Summertime Sadness. :derpna3: 

"Listen hard before you go"

"I know if I go, I'll be happy tonight"

:toofloppy:

I can totally see that coming.

I remember a time when Lana said she might not be putting out another album, her muse had died ect. When I read that I was seriously disappointed because I thought/think that Born to Die is an amazing album, especially for a debut. Paradise confirmed, to me at least, that Lana was really special. Not just because of her voice and songwriting, but her entire sound. No one has a sound like hers and it's is such a breath of fresh air. So some might wanna bitch and complain about the album cover, track list, release date, videos being in color or b&W ect. but I am just fucking happy a new album is coming out! Especially a new album from a remarkable artist such as Lana. The track listing is intriguing and titillating. Just what I expect from Lana! :hooker:

I personally think, they will do this for the Kidz Bop version , like they did it with Summertime Sadness. :derpna3:

What if they did a cover of Cola?

My tushy tastes like pepsi cola hehe :D

Guest Dot

There isn't a theme of UV, at least according to Lana. Which may explain that cover...

Oh. I see... :awkney:

HDB is not even a stand out among all the unreleased, IMO. Hope its not on there. 

^ THIS

My guess is, that they're just going to shorten it to "To the Top" or something like that.

I don't think Kidz Bop would even touch a song where the original title was "Fucked My Way To The Top"... That would be hilarious though. :toofunny:

ANYWAYS, I'm super excited for Old Money and Cruel World. When Lana sang that bit of what I assume to be Cruel World before Cola at her show, it was amazing and it just made me so much more excited for Ultraviolence than I already was. And Old Money just has that title that, to me, evokes such glamour and it makes me really excited. I really, really hope that Old Money has that glamorous sound that makes me feel like a 1950s movie star because that's the vibe I get from it and that's a sound that I love with Lana's voice. But we'll never know until Ultraviolence comes out.. *fingers crossed* :icant:

tumblr_ma0935r5Ds1rbghbvo1_500.gif