Mind Melt

Physical Exclusive Bonus Track Revealed: "Flipside"

Taylor Swift doesn't actually. There have been pop remixes of country songs, or "US versions" of the songs released in Europe and such, but not actual new tracks.

That still constitutes as a regional exclusive because it isn't sold worldwide.

uM2mzZZ.gifhoDhUSz.png?1

Yah, really amazing that the day the preorderd cd arrives I will still have to buy tracks and burn my own CD again to have a complete UV. Why can't she just put them on the basic album?

cant say if you're lazy af or just annoying. im judging you so hard tbh. 

let the light in, it's a cruel world

Yah, really amazing that the day the preorderd cd arrives I will still have to buy tracks and burn my own CD again to have a complete UV. Why can't she just put them on the basic album?

think of it this way: normally deluxe edition bonus tracks fit well with the standard tracks but maybe sound slightly different (like Lolita on BTD), then iTunes, Best Buy or Target exclusives tend to be pretty different from the rest of the album (like Burning Desire), so it works better for them not to be included on the main album, also the album would be too long

I think Lana is doing this because I remember reading somewhere that Lana had to cut down on the songs on Ultraviolence. I think this is Lana's way of giving us all of the songs that she wanted. I mean, Interscope probably doesn't want her to do a 16 song album (or more, if she gives us any more surprises. *crosses fingers*) because I *think* it's typically in contracts how big albums will be, but they probably wouldn't mind letting have exclusive tracks. They know that hardcore fans will buy multiple copies to have every song, if they have the money.

tumblr_ma0935r5Ds1rbghbvo1_500.gif

cant say if you're lazy af or just annoying. im judging you so hard tbh. 

well, idc so hard tbh what you think. when I preorder a cd I want to get the complete album, that's what bothers me. cause i know I am not going to be able to relax until I have every track aviable.

think of it this way: normally deluxe edition bonus tracks fit well with the standard tracks but maybe sound slightly different (like Lolita on BTD), then iTunes, Best Buy or Target exclusives tend to be pretty different from the rest of the album (like Burning Desire), so it works better for them not to be included on the main album, also the album would be too long

well, even tough burning desire fits for paradise in my opinion, I get what you say. to clarify, my main concern is that I am not going to get all the tracks :D

I think Lana is doing this because I remember reading somewhere that Lana had to cut down on the songs on Ultraviolence. I think this is Lana's way of giving us all of the songs that she wanted. I mean, Interscope probably doesn't want her to do a 16 song album (or more, if she gives us any more surprises. *crosses fingers*) because I *think* it's typically in contracts how big albums will be, but they probably wouldn't mind letting have exclusive tracks. They know that hardcore fans will buy multiple copies to have every song, if they have the money.

as long as we will be able to get the songs later too (in a legal way) without buying the album twice, maybe because she releases them as a download a few months later I am fine.

Maybe Flipside will be really shit and then none of us will need to bother xoxo

Hm, the title sounds like you could really do interesting things with it. Like "things look different on the flipside" or something like that ...

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

well, idc so hard tbh what you think. when I preorder a cd I want to get the complete album, that's what bothers me. cause i know I am not going to be able to relax until I have every track aviable.

why don't you just download it for free? that's what 99% percent of the fanbase is going to do anyway  :wtf2:

no need to whine about it tbh

I honestly just hate having a CD that doesn't have all the tracks on it. And to burn another CD just... defeats the whole point of buying a CD. I hate these region exclusive tracks so much. If the worry is "too many tracks" or "they won't fit the album," it's always perfectly possible to make a second CD of bonus material. It has nothing to do with being lazy - I want to buy all the songs and have them all on one official CD.

Lady Gaga didn't do that for BTW or ARTPOP (except an Applause remix for Japan but honestly remixes are bonus track filler and idgaf about them). Not TFM either. The only album with region exclusives she's done has been TF, which was a hot mess. Thankfully she hasn't done that since. And I don't think Pure Heroine is different depending on location, either?

I'm a completionist freak, but I also just like having one CD that has everything because I do listen to CDs a lot. I'm not buying three different versions to switch between them for one track and also that costs $$$. Yeah, I can download it later and listen to it on my computer, but I never end up listening to those tracks. It's a pet peeve of mine, really - I just can't stand material scattered across different CDs. I'd rather pay more and have one or two official CDs with everything than download the tracks later and burn it onto a CD/

Well, now here's my happy side - yes, more songs! And if you feel like releasing a new version of AFFA, don't be afraid Lana. ugh yes. Also curious as to how the title will work. Flipside reminds me of a video game hub world. June 16 seems so close now.  :defeated: