Ruben Del Rey

Your Lana Collection

I ordered my first Lana vinyl just now :oprah:

Birthday gift to myself :oprah:

I don't even have a vinyl player. Christmas tho :oprah:

The iconic Video Games + Blue Jeans :oprah:

It's a downward slope for my bank account from this moment forward :oprah:

I don't even have a vinyl player. Christmas tho :oprah:

Yeah I'm thinking of just taking my ma's record player that she never uses. I actually have a bunch of records in storage though that I bought when I was younger just because I was way into op-shopping and loved a bargain. Obv I don't have anything particularly valuable but my absolute favourite would of course have to be

1321388754_folder.jpg

4d05b88473027157c69dadf2c058161f.jpg

Yeah I'm thinking of just taking my ma's record player that she never uses. I actually have a bunch of records in storage though that I bought when I was younger just because I was way into op-shopping and loved a bargain. Obv I don't have anything particularly valuable but my absolute favourite would of course have to be

1321388754_folder.jpg

The Best of Carly Simon is one of the few vinyl albums my mother owns, I think. Along with Simon & Garfunkel's Greatest Hits, a Doobie Brothers album, some folk compilation album with Joan Baez, Bob Dylan, & Country Joe and the Fish, a Wurlitzer album, and probably some 70s gospel albums. And to think I used to mock her music tastes aside from Simon & Garfunkel. :(

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

My dad has a very old record/vinyl (or wtf it's called) player along with a hard rock collection. It's from the 80's I think... I don't know if I'm allowed to touch it (the man values the thing, it's like the essence of his youth is still in it xD), but my Lana vinyls should work on it, or is it too outdated..?

1olt2g.jpg

I know there are so many vinyl's I was just wondering the price point of some so I don't overpay :P

TZk1z.png

Do the picture discs (Blue Velvet) have a seal around the edge that peels off?

TZk1z.png

I know there are so many vinyl's I was just wondering the price point of some so I don't overpay :P

Which ones?

Do the picture discs (Blue Velvet) have a seal around the edge that peels off?

What do you mean?

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

Haa, i just think it would be great if you had organ music playing in the background (you know, like certain gas stations). Nothing related to Lana. I mean, i don’t think there’s any reason to believe one way or the other that Lizzy did or didn’t play a Wurlitzer. Does she even play keyboards? I don’t think she does. But i bet Kahne has one in his collection. Mind you, not the Mighty theater kind (which is what i’m sure your mom’s record is), but, like, a small living room organ. Of course there’s the Wurli electric piano that’s all over AKA, which is probably Kahne’s too.

I need to get a record player back in my life for the sole purpose of playing this dollar bin “Cleopatra” record that i have that is amazing. I almost wore it out in high school. I have no idea what it is, there’s no information on it other than the fact that it’s called Cleopatra, and it’s got the song titles. It’s not the Alex North score for the Cleopatra movie with Liz Taylor. I’ve looked so much for any information on it and i’ve come up with nothing at all. It’s just some forgotten no-name record from decades ago. But the music is so fucking good. The cover is predominantly orange, if you so happen to ever see it, HOLLA @ MO.

"The limits of my language mean the limits of my world." -Wittgenstein