Sitar

LANALYSIS: Relating Songs To Known/Assumed Relationships

I always thought we thought Blue Jeans was about K?

I think we all assumed that but IDK.. I'm thrown 4 a loop!!! I think most of BTD is about ~Local Rockstar and MM.. Local Rockstar being Arthur Lynn, at least in my opinion. I mean.. remember when she's talking about Radio~ she said someone came back into her life and she didn't care if it was just because she was famous now, she was just happy to have them back.  They saw her getting famous and maybe thought  ~ oh hey there's that Lizzy Grant girl I used to string along~ maybe I can fuck with her head some more!

The very fact she was seen with Axl and Marilyn makes me wonder if it was still Jimmy though.. I swear thats just too fucking weird to be coincidental. Plus Bradley looks more like JG than Arthur Lynn

*** People call me crazy but I'm in demand ***

“Summer, I found you” - Living Without You

“I still remember that day we met in December” - Blue Jeans

So what's going on? Both songs are about a lost love (K) going to jail, but she claims meeting him in two different seasons.

Unless “finding” and “meeting” are two different things?

Or she had two exes that went to jail?

This is so fucking confusing.

I think she just means they met in December but he is the embodiment of summer. He is the summer she found. I was in the winter of my life, and the men I met along the road were my only summer.

EDIT: Strange Love is also a cool song for Lanalysis, I think it's about Jimmy. That fantasy from Yayo of a stranger sweeping her off her feet. Not to mention You held me tight in the TV light / And you said you never loved her--jealous jealous jealous girl

Small little theory I have here...

We usually stick any songs involving a musician on Jimmy/local rockstar, but I think we should also take into consideration K could have been a musician. After all, music is Lana's life so it's obvious that she's attracted to guys in the music scene. Like previously mentioned, we know he was into punk rock music which means he could just have easily been in a punk rock band (one who was all the rage!) So maybe instead of thinking of K as gangsta/mafia/drug dealer, we should also put him up as a candidate for songs like YBIATR. If this were the case, the title "For K Part 2" would make complete sense in relation to the song's lyrics. Also, be sure not too surpass the fact that it's not uncommon to see musicians who in fact are in the drug scene so he could fit into both categories easily. Lines like, "But he was chasing papers / Caught up in the game that was the last I heard" could easily apply to both the drug "game" as well as the fame "game". Also, in 1949, Lana sings about both a road trip and a "big jail break". The road trip, mentioned in many songs, could refer to a tour Lana decided to tag along for.

But maybe none of this actually makes sense and I'm just saying it because I just desperately want every song to be about K since he's so mysterious.

Small little theory I have here...

We usually stick any songs involving a musician on Jimmy/local rockstar, but I think we should also take into consideration K could have been a musician. After all, music is Lana's life so it's obvious that she's attracted to guys in the music scene. Like previously mentioned, we know he was into punk rock music which means he could just have easily been in a punk rock band (one who was all the rage!) So maybe instead of thinking of K as gangsta/mafia/drug dealer, we should also put him up as a candidate for songs like YBIATR. If this were the case, the title "For K Part 2" would make complete sense in relation to the song's lyrics. Also, be sure not too surpass the fact that it's not uncommon to see musicians who in fact are in the drug scene so he could fit into both categories easily. Lines like, "But he was chasing papers / Caught up in the game that was the last I heard" could easily apply to both the drug "game" as well as the fame "game". Also, in 1949, Lana sings about both a road trip and a "big jail break". The road trip, mentioned in many songs, could refer to a tour Lana decided to tag along for.

But maybe none of this actually makes sense and I'm just saying it because I just desperately want every song to be about K since he's so mysterious.

i can get on this bandwagon because i had a dream once like a couple weeks ago where i found out who K was and he my dream he was a musician.....i know i sound weird lol

i can get on this bandwagon because i had a dream once like a couple weeks ago where i found out who K was and he my dream he was a musician.....i know i sound weird lol

Hahaha, I've been dead set on him being a musician/murderer since I started reading into this stuff. 

My theory is that K was a musician who was also selling drugs because “making money's hard to do right”. She also said in an interview that she met someone perfect for her who stopped wanting to live a good life (something along those lines, I think it was the Facebook interview), so my theory is that the whole “gangsta” thing was all fun and games until he started doing really bad things like murder.

But my biggest question is:

In Kill Kill, Lana says “do you know I am going to leave you?” But it seems to be really prevalent in other K songs that he left her (“same address that you left behind”, “put your foot to the floor, really walk away”, “he headed out on Sunday”)

Is it possible that Kill Kill is about someone else? Or did she plan on leaving K before the whole drive by thing happened?

I don't think that K is the one with gold chains and golden grill ... he seems to be into punk rock so that would be totally weird for him to wear that. 

or maybe k's the one with the gold chain + golden grill & another guy from san diego's into punk rock

or he evolved from a punk rocker to a gangsta in a gold chain & golden grill

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

I don't buy for a single second that American is about Barrie. It just doesn't make any sense to me.

Dude's white af, his skin certainly isn't 'golden brown'. He also doesn't seem like the type of guy who'd listen to Crystal Method or drives fast around LA flirting with random girls, he actually seems like the exact opposite of that.  :whatever:

And am I the only one who thinks Bel Air is simply about / inspired by Axl Rose? It's full of GnR references (run to heavens gates, sweet child of mine, idol of roses iconic soul) & this line - You've got a flair for the violentest kind of love anywhere out there - also fits. Besides, well, it wouldn't be the first time she wrote about him, would it? :lel:

919ceea0464eb5a3daad20d59bcb188c.gif            3ca7984fc9b72d5b7ff1941e270eb9a2.png

I don't buy for a single second that American is about Barrie. It just doesn't make any sense to me.

Dude's white af, his skin certainly isn't 'golden brown'. He also doesn't seem like the type of guy who'd listen to Crystal Method or drives fast around LA flirting with random girls, he actually seems like the exact opposite of that.  :whatever:

he doesn't drive at all, sugar mama does that  :smokes3:

And am I the only one who thinks Bel Air is simply about / inspired by Axl Rose? It's full of GnR references (run to heavens gates, sweet child of mine, idol of roses iconic soul) & this line - You've got a flair for the violentest kind of love anywhere out there - also fits. Besides, well, it wouldn't be the first time she wrote about him, would it? :lel:

sounds plausible to me 

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

What if Lana's life is boring as fuck, she has a great fantasy, made up all these stories and wrote them down as songs, we have only wrong information and this whole thread is pure shit ?

sorry but it's just SO depressing to never find out the truth about these genius unique hot crazy songs :brows3:

lana-del-rey-high-by-the-beach_zpscfcsgx

Tbh it seems like Lana never sings about Barrie.

Black Beauty?

Angels Forever? 

Maybe those two.. Especially Angels Forever. Someone mentioned that she said a line in the song 'we are heavy metal lions, they will never understand...etc' in an interview. Not word for word but when asked about Barrie she said something really egotistical about no one understanding them. I think it was the interview when everyone started hating on lana or whatevz

edit: never mind she says something about being California proud in angels forever LOL okay you're right.

This theory is definitely not even close but this is something I think. I do think that K went to jail but this is another theory if he didn't. If K and Lana liked each other/were in a relationship before Kent and when they were still in Lake Placid, "jail" could symbolize Lana's future at Kent and how I think it's evident in most her songs and interviews that Kent was the last place she wanted to go to. Being in jail could be K's perspective of Lana going off to boarding school. So maybe she is singing in K's POV in her K-centric songs about his relationship with her. Just a weird theory I came up with if K didn't actually go to jail.

But my biggest question is:

In Kill Kill, Lana says “do you know I am going to leave you?” But it seems to be really prevalent in other K songs that he left her (“same address that you left behind”, “put your foot to the floor, really walk away”, “he headed out on Sunday”)

Is it possible that Kill Kill is about someone else? Or did she plan on leaving K before the whole drive by thing happened?

Well, she says: "I am going to leave you", not that she actually did leave him, plus maybe she wrote this after she knew he was going to die.

But if you look at other lyrics, it's really prevalent that she wants to leave a guy, but she just can't or doesn't want it enough to actually do it. Like, she knows she's supposed to leave but she won't anyway.

The lyrics of Butterflies demonstrate this inner struggle really well, how she wants to trust the guy but she can't.

"I think you know, I want to believe you,

But in my heart I know that I’ll leave you."

"I made the decision that I can’t be with you,

I came out the door, but I already miss you,

Thinking about how I used to kiss you,"

This theory is definitely not even close but this is something I think. I do think that K went to jail but this is another theory if he didn't. If K and Lana liked each other/were in a relationship before Kent and when they were still in Lake Placid, "jail" could symbolize Lana's future at Kent and how I think it's evident in most her songs and interviews that Kent was the last place she wanted to go to. Being in jail could be K's perspective of Lana going off to boarding school. So maybe she is singing in K's POV in her K-centric songs about his relationship with her. Just a weird theory I came up with if K didn't actually go to jail.

I've actually been wondering too about jail in a literal or figurative sense. Like, maybe jail = his life on the road with a band (from her perspective)? IDK either though.

39150648115_3584eac590_o.png

So I read through Every Man Has His Wish's lyrics again and thought about what came up when we were talking about Lana fibbing about her age. Maybe Lana went away with K for a year after graduating from Kent and Every Man Has His Wish is about their final road trip together? Maybe it's not about K going to prison.

Baby, you’ll never grow old in my eyes
With your golden grill, true love never dies

He's never going to grow old in her eyes because she's never going to see him again and even though they're breaking up, their love is never going to die.

We’re forever young in paradise
As long as we got the Chevrolet, I will ride

Paradise could be the place(s) they spent the year together

We’re gonna party like it’s 1949

We’re in that Chevrolet from July to July
Gonna see it all before he says goodbye
Every man deserves to see the sunrise

Lizzy's starting Fordham in September so their road trip takes place in July so Lizzy has enough time to get ready for college.

I learned how to make love from the movies

He found me waitressing at Ruby Tuesday’s

They met while Lizzy was waitressing while at Kent/in Lake Placid?