Sitar

LANALYSIS: Relating Songs To Known/Assumed Relationships

so, in the kpri interview lana says that one of her ex-boyfriends is from san diego and that he was into surf punk rock so this makes me think blue jeans is about that guy. jimmy was born and raised in jersey, reeve was born in nyc and went to high school and college in l.a. arthur lynn lives in nyc now but idk where he's from. we've speculated before that blue jeans might be about k so i'm guessing this tells us k is from san diego? lana also mentioned that she had never been to san diego before that interview so it doesn't help much but i thought that little bit of info was noteworthy.

Good find! Reminds me of "Birds of a Feather" - You were from LA but you were all there. I imagine to lil small town May Jailer, San Diego was a part of LA :hooker: Also he's sort of punk rock! So K had blue hair and photographed nuns? :teehee: Maybe he was a little teenage drug dealer shithead instead of a big bad mafia badass, with blue hair, and they both just got too far into it after high school.

And Arthur Lynn is from Greenwich, Connecticut--a fact we've determined and held onto because of it's important in "Axl Rose Husband" (Greenwich, I need you) and other interviews where she mentions "Diet Mtn Dew" being about a trip to Greenwich.

Has it been discussed that Video Games could have been about Jimmy, or whoever the subject of Yayo really is?

Yes! Both are said to be about "violent love", and "Video Games" is about two people--one the subject of "Yayo" and the other the subject of a more domesticated life (Mike).

- Get Drunk (Of course this song really focuses on her alcoholism, but it opens with I am sleeping with your best friend--knowing that, we shouldn’t overlook that Lana dated both Reeve Carney and Jimmy Gnecco, who have a public friendship. Too coincidental to be coincidental.)

What if "Get Drunk" is actually addressed to a family member?

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

What if "Get Drunk" is actually addressed to a family member?

omg I can see it. She is totally singing Get Drunk to her father.

Shes sleeping with the creepy smile guy...  :lmao:  :lmao:

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

@@SitarHero

As for "1949", I think the simple change to a Pontiac is very important, actually. Pontiac equals Arthur Lynn in this world, of course, but then again "big jail break" hints toward K.

I think the line preceding it "radio show talk" makes it seem as if the "big jail break" is just a news story on the radio and not a personal reference 

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

Isn't also mentioned that this guy from California has blue hair in one of her may jailer songs(I forget which one, birds of a feather I believe?) an also she met him at a diner, so does anyone one know if reeve or Arthur had blue hair at one point? Maybe this could be the mysterious K?

And Arthur Lynn is from Greenwich, Connecticut--a fact we've determined and held onto because of it's important in "Axl Rose Husband" (Greenwich, I need you) and other interviews where she mentions "Diet Mtn Dew" being about a trip to Greenwich.

What about Greenwich Village? She lived there at one point too.

"Prostitute stare"

In an interview which hit news stands this week, she said: '[i'm] staying with my ex-boyfriend…I live on his couch.'

does anyone know which ex boyfriend she is talking about??

In an interview which hit news stands this week, she said: '[i'm] staying with my ex-boyfriend…I live on his couch.'

does anyone know which ex boyfriend she is talking about??

I saw that interview but it was from last year, Feb 2012

and it's a little weird she'd be staying on Someones / An ex's Couch.

Live Forever Golden Grill.

I've been hesitant to post this for a while because if it is true then it destroys a lot of theories, but I spoke to someone who dates Jimmy's son and she told me that Jimmy and Lana never dated. I asked her to tell me that story and this is what she said:

'Lana always was like obsessed with jimmy. She would always go to his shows and try to get him interested in her but jimmy would always turn her down because he wasn't interested. Since he was kinda off and on with his girlfriend and what not. And so her obsession just drove her to make a song about him. And it's really funny cause jimmy barely knows her and he found the song amusing actually. It's like this whole big joke. Especially since his son (my ex/friend whatever) has the same name. Just an overall amusing topic especially when I would see people thinking they actually dated. I finally broke though cause I felt bad with no one knowin the truth so there ya have it haha'

I don't know if anyone will believe me, but that's what she said to me. I spoke to her on twitter btw. I don't see any reason why she'd make this up, and it seems very possible. Yayo could still be about Jimmy, but maybe it's more a fantasy lana had... trust me I was really disappointed to read this haha 

tumblr_mmtpxe9hDJ1qjdybto1_500.jpg

I've been hesitant to post this for a while because if it is true then it destroys a lot of theories, but I spoke to someone who dates Jimmy's son and she told me that Jimmy and Lana never dated. I asked her to tell me that story and this is what she said:

'Lana always was like obsessed with jimmy. She would always go to his shows and try to get him interested in her but jimmy would always turn her down because he wasn't interested. Since he was kinda off and on with his girlfriend and what not. And so her obsession just drove her to make a song about him. And it's really funny cause jimmy barely knows her and he found the song amusing actually. It's like this whole big joke. Especially since his son (my ex/friend whatever) has the same name. Just an overall amusing topic especially when I would see people thinking they actually dated. I finally broke though cause I felt bad with no one knowin the truth so there ya have it haha'

I don't know if anyone will believe me, but that's what she said to me. I spoke to her on twitter btw. I don't see any reason why she'd make this up, and it seems very possible. Yayo could still be about Jimmy, but maybe it's more a fantasy lana had... trust me I was really disappointed to read this haha 

how old are they? jimmy's 39 so he had kids very young?

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

how old are they? jimmy's 39 so he had kids very young?

I don't know I could talk to her again and ask her a bit more to find out if she's telling the truth or not if you want, it's probably a good idea. I think she's about 18-20 from the looks of her photo

thanks for sharing, milliegw! it's definitely a possibility. as of late, i've thought that there had to be a reason there are no pictures of them together (wanting to believe, i had guessed theirs' might've been an undercover affair, so they avoided all material evidence of the liaison). i think @@SitarHero posted his doubt about this recently, too. anyway, if this were indeed true, it would be disappointing and we'll have to get to work on some lana history revisionism  :P

thanks for sharing, milliegw! it's definitely a possibility. as of late, i've thought that there had to be a reason there are no pictures of them together (wanting to believe, i had guessed theirs' might've been an undercover affair, so they avoided all material evidence of the liaison). i think @@SitarHero posted his doubt about this recently, too. anyway, if this were indeed true, it would be dissapointing and we'll have to get to work on some lana history revisionism  :P

no problem at all! tbh I was excited I could finally post something in this thread hahah, the whole lack of photos is definitely another reason why the jimmy/lana thing seems like more of a fantasy.. there might be a lot of rethinking to do hahah 

I love this thread and for fun's sake I always try to take her songs at face value while reading all the interpretations, but personally I think a lot (if not most) of what she writes about didn't actually happen. Yeah, I know she says all her songs are 100% auto-biographical and all that, but Lana's often the epitome of evasiveness and contradiction, so...

I think her songs are a mix of facts (stuff that happened to her and people she knows) + her imagination (things she wishes had happened, an exaggeration / dramatization of what actually happened, inspiration taken from films, songs, books, the lives of famous people...), so I'd have no trouble believing something like this.

But anyway, back to 'Lanalysis' mindset. :smokes:

919ceea0464eb5a3daad20d59bcb188c.gif            3ca7984fc9b72d5b7ff1941e270eb9a2.png

:noparty: :noparty: :noparty:

I'm more upset that they joke about her than the fact that the didn't appear to date :icant: How did you find his son/son's girlfriend? I mean, it could be a Lana stan posing...Doubtful, though.

This doesn't totally destroy my world, though. I sincerely doubt she made up K, although everyone believes that's the most preposterous relationship, simply because she name-dropped him in a time when her songs weren't really based too heavily in fantasy.

:noparty: :noparty: :noparty:

I'm more upset that they joke about her than the fact that the didn't appear to date :icant: How did you find his son/son's girlfriend? I mean, it could be a Lana stan posing...Doubtful, though.

This doesn't totally destroy my world, though. I sincerely doubt she made up K, although everyone believes that's the most preposterous relationship, simply because she name-dropped him in a time when her songs weren't really based too heavily in fantasy.

yeah I know that upset me too  :crying4:

wellll I was talking on instagram with someone about jimmy and lana and she commented because I think she was following me or something? she basically just said that they didnt date blah blah and then i asked her to tell me more on twitter. it makes sense though because my instagram is a lana instagram and shed have to be a real fan to know about the whole jimmy/lana thing to even ask her boyfriend about. she could be fake but she seemed really genuine and her twitter and instagram arent lana accounts, theyre just normal personal accounts.

if any of you have questions for this girl she said she'd be more than happy to answer them btw

yeah I honestly think K is real and I guess if jimmy never happened then we can try and relate the songs to other people and we might get closer to the truth idk