Sitar

LANALYSIS: Relating Songs To Known/Assumed Relationships

Ive said this before & I'll say it again as a reminder - If you track down an identity of one of Lana's old boyfriends/friends/etc PLEASE do not post their full name, social media, or pictures that could lead to tracking them down in the forum. For the past few months, Josh and I ( :hooker:have been communicating and built up a friendship. His name was spread awhile ago and therefore fans contacted him and he was very unhappy. Please, for the safety of Lana's old friends (as well as my new ones), do not lead fans to their identity. Thank you

Put them in their place, Queen!

EotAQlJ.jpg

Okay, I've held on to this info for a while to make sure when I shared it I had info from various sources and had opinions from a few people to see if this all adds up instead of it being massive reaching on my end. After a few months of digging, I think it's safe to say the identity of K has been cracked.

First, Josh's last name begins with K.

In 2008 him and Lizzy were posting things to each other (relationship wise) and he changed his relationship status to married around Dec. 11th, 2008 (based on someone commenting on a post asking when he got married - this could also explain why she wore a wedding around that time)

Josh plays World Of Warcraft (the game referenced in Video Games that Lana has mentioend before)

He said Video Games was about him

They lived together at one point based on statuses and pictures

He has a lot of tattoos which could represent the Born To Die / Blue Jeans guy (which could fit into the 'K Triology')

There's a pic of him sitting on the couch playing bass (lyrics - You play the bass)

There's a pic of them doing dishes where he said "dishes with dolly" (lyrics - I'm his little dolly.. yaaaaas @ Noir being about Josh!!!)

He also had Lolita lyrics in his 'about me' on Facebook until recently - which could mean a lot of the daddy songs are about him even though they're around the same age (ageplaying / roleplaying?)

Josh's tattoo development aligns almost perfectly with the Born To Die and Blue Jeans releases if he's the inspiration behind them

Ive said this before & I'll say it again as a reminder - If you track down an identity of one of Lana's old boyfriends/friends/etc PLEASE do not post their full name, social media, or pictures that could lead to tracking them down in the forum. For the past few months, Josh and I have been communicating and built up a friendship. His name was spread awhile ago and therefore fans contacted him and he was very unhappy. Please, for the safety of Lana's old friends (as well as my new ones), do not lead fans to their identity. Thank you

Yeah, not to pour cold water on your sleuthing, but to the extent that K might reference a real person, most of the connections to this individual are not exactly new and have been made previously by others on the forum either explicitly or implicitly. And to the extent that some of them haven't been, it's partly because once some of us (speaking for myself at least) realized how clear some of the connections are, we thought it best not to draw more attention to this individual. But this post does a really good job of succinctly summing up the case. (Though I think theories of a mythical K still have some currency as some of the narratives in her songs possibly relating to K don't jibe with the details of this person's life so far as I can tell.)

I think Elle's suggestion is right, that once we get too hot on the trail, it's best to step back a bit, especially with private individuals. That said, the line can sometimes be blurry. For instance, I have a few Lanalysis theories of my own I've yet to float (pending my chasing down a lead on a semi-related thing I'd necessarily have to reveal in the process), but they involve people who are arguably more public figures. Still a really tricky issue though.

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

As I told Elle - I only posted Josh's name because I had seen it posted before around the time Joshy & I leaked and thought it was okay to use (plus, he's a semi-public figure with his modeling and publicly saying Video Games is about him) But after hearing he wasn't okay with his name being posted I fully support his privacy and the editing of the post. I apologize for that and won't use full names if I post anything else in the future. 

In my opinion, Josh is the closest thing we have to the K figure - that is, if K is real. He has connections to a few songs that we believe are linked to K and for me, that's enough. Though, I still believe that K probably isn't one specific person but a manifestation of multiple men and fantasies. 

9a32008aa9568555201e3b88bceeef59.jpg

As I told Elle - I only posted Josh's name because I had seen it posted before around the time Joshy & I leaked and thought it was okay to use (plus, he's a semi-public figure with his modeling and publicly saying Video Games is about him) But after hearing he wasn't okay with his name being posted I fully support his privacy and the editing of the post. I apologize for that and won't use full names if I post anything else in the future. 

In my opinion, Josh is the closest thing we have to the K figure - that is, if K is real. He has connections to a few songs that we believe are linked to K and for me, that's enough. Though, I still believe that K probably isn't one specific person but a manifestation of multiple men and fantasies.

Josh has said VG was about him? Where?!

Yeah, not to pour cold water on your sleuthing, but to the extent that K might reference a real person, most of the connections to this individual are not exactly new and have been made previously by others on the forum either explicitly or implicitly. And to the extent that some of them haven't been, it's partly because once some of us (speaking for myself at least) realized how clear some of the connections are, we thought it best not to draw more attention to this individual. But this post does a really good job of succinctly summing up the case. (Though I think theories of a mythical K still have some currency as some of the narratives in her songs possibly relating to K don't jibe with the details of this person's life so far as I can tell.)

I think Elle's suggestion is right, that once we get too hot on the trail, it's best to step back a bit, especially with private individuals. That said, the line can sometimes be blurry. For instance, I have a few Lanalysis theories of my own I've yet to float (pending my chasing down a lead on a semi-related thing I'd necessarily have to reveal in the process), but they involve people who are arguably more public figures. Still a really tricky issue though.

In the aspect of you believing there is still a "K" figure of a man she loved who was on death row/died, I believe it to be fact. 

I say that because of you what said, about the narrative, but also just watching her. 

When you watch certain live performances of songs like Dark Paradise and Blue Jeans, where she is speaking of someone she will love beyond this life, watching her eyes and her motions and emotional performance I am always led to believe this is a true narrative. 

As much heart and emotion she puts into everything, I understand, but with these it is stronger in my opinion. 

And yes, while doing some sleuthing it has come across some of the names/situations brought onto this thread but I think any of us with some personal info should keep it to ourselves until the right time, if there ever is one. 

Personally, I think death row and dying man are metaphors for something else, probably a drug addiction since she mentions them so often. I'm still waiting for someone to find a list of everyone who's been on death row the past decade and make some sort of Lana connection :creep:

9a32008aa9568555201e3b88bceeef59.jpg

Personally, I think death row and dying man are metaphors for something else, probably a drug addiction since she mentions them so often. I'm still waiting for someone to find a list of everyone who's been on death row the past decade and make some sort of Lana connection :creep:

You know, I don't think it would be that difficult! Drive By is the earliest of her 'death row' songs, no? (and certainly the most literal of them)-- so, that was recorded in 2005... that means K, or whoever was on death row, if anyone was, was already there by 2005. Presuming this took place in New York, NY didn't completely repeal the death penalty until 2007, so the timeframe fits. If there were a list of death row inmates in NY around 2003/5, I'm sure one of the great sleuths here could dig up some possible candidates. 

o4qjp4j.png

In the aspect of you believing there is still a "K" figure of a man she loved who was on death row/died, I believe it to be fact. 

I say that because of you what said, about the narrative, but also just watching her. 

When you watch certain live performances of songs like Dark Paradise and Blue Jeans, where she is speaking of someone she will love beyond this life, watching her eyes and her motions and emotional performance I am always led to believe this is a true narrative.

I'm quite skeptical of there being a literal K who was literally on death row.

You know, I don't think it would be that difficult! Drive By is the earliest of her 'death row' songs, no? (and certainly the most literal of them)-- so, that was recorded in 2005... that means K, or whoever was on death row, if anyone was, was already there by 2005. Presuming this took place in New York, NY didn't completely repeal the death penalty until 2007, so the timeframe fits. If there were a list of death row inmates in NY around 2003/5, I'm sure one of the great sleuths here could dig up some possible candidates.

Yeah, I've essentially done this before. I looked at death row inmates with convictions for multiple homicides in states she may have lived in from when she was in high school until "For K" was written. There just aren't that many candidates because (thankfully) not that many people receive death sentences anymore. And when you narrow it down to people with a first or last name beginning with a 'K', I don't think I ended up with anyone I considered likely.

But if any of you want to dig, you should be able to find information online at sites like this:

http://www.deathpenaltyinfo.org/federal-death-row-prisoners

I'm quite skeptical of there being a literal K who was literally on death row.

I keep becoming more convinced that the story of Lana's ex's is both more interesting and less Hollywood-esque than we can tell from her songs, and treating the story that she tells through the songs as an actual diary is fun, but not getting us close to the truth. The fact that she's pretty well dropped the 'K' mythology since Born To Die is evidence, for me, that there were either one or two men in her life who were 'bad boys' around the pre-AKA era, and who then became merged into the guy we call 'K', but she's less interested in those times now.

I have a theory that's not founded in anything we know, but makes sense from a literary criticism point of view, that the same person who the first part of Video Games is about is also the character in Blue Jeans, except all of the dramatic events of BJ took place in a game that he was playing while she was watching him, bored, fantasising about making art out his self absorption. 

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

Don't know if this was already brought up, but during her festival tour this year, in her little speeches before playing yayo, she mentioned several things about the guy that the song is about (the Moscow show and another one, I can't remember which) :

-She met him when she was nineteen

-She was living in New Jersey

-He made a "big impact on her"

Now if I learned my lanalysis well, this is consistent with what we know : that she was living at her uncle's place in NJ at that point, probably dabbling with substances (ergo the yayo metaphor) and it's most likely when the bad boi came into her life. She's already mentioned these informations countless times, but I don't recall her linking them all like that (the guy, the place, when) ; except maybe in some Lizzy era interview. Unfortunately I'm still A Level in Lanalysis, therefore, what does this "new" information tell us ? I mean the bad guy thing is kind of settled down now, but about her life in NJ, etc. I'm quite confused.

Unfortunately I'm still A Level in Lanalysis, therefore, what does this "new" information tell us ? I mean the bad guy thing is kind of settled down now, but about her life in NJ, etc. I'm quite confused.

The first rule of Lanalysis is that you shouldn't get your information from Lana when it comes to the date something happened, if you want an accurate timeframe.

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

The first rule of Lanalysis is that you shouldn't get your information from Lana when it comes to the date something happened, if you want an accurate timeframe.

That's kind of what I thought :toofunny: but I feel like she got a bit more, well, genuine about her past lately (well, maybe not that much if u consider the billboard interview but whathever) ; so I don't know, does this just make the early bad boy galore theory even more plausible ?

Now if I learned my lanalysis well, this is consistent with what we know : that she was living at her uncle's place in NJ at that point,

Wasn't her uncle's place on Long Island? NJ would be the trailer park in North Bergen which is on the other side of the Hudson from Manhattan. Hence why the lyrics once referred specifically to the Lincoln Tunnel, even though it doesn't make sense with the rest of the song's geography (a two hour driving radius from Las Vegas).