lflflflflflflflflflf

Ultraviolence - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

What are your favourite songs on Ultraviolence?  

1,053 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite songs on Ultraviolence?

• Cruel World
    • Ultraviolence
    • Shades Of Cool
    • Brooklyn Baby
    • West Coast
    • Sad Girl
    • Pretty When You Cry
    • Money Power Glory
    • Fucked My Way Up To The Top
    • Old Money
    • The Other Woman
    • Black Beauty
    • Guns and Roses
    • Florida Kilos
    • Is This Happiness
    • Flipside

Ultraviolence is the album that made me a fan of Lana so i'm very thankful for it, generally speaking i've always loved more rock inspired pop music so really it was a genre that i was already familiar with; I say that because people seem to be saying that if Ultraviolence was their first Lana album it wouldn't of made them fans, Literally the first lana songs I ever listened to intently was Cruel World and Fucked My Way...

CJjib6A.jpg

Ultraviolence is both my favorite album of all time, surpassing Elton John's Captain Fantastic and the Brown Dirt Cowboy, and all the others,

it is going to be considered one of the best of the 2000-2025 period and all time.

Maybe years from now, someone is going to make a Broadway Musical out of it, and then a movie out of it (or the reverse).
While it most likely won't star Lana, it will be her Tony Award winner.

And be considered perhaps in a trilogy of Sunset Blvd/Mullholland Drive & Ultraviolence. The prior two really about American culture Hollywood etc.

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

Ultraviolence is both my favorite album of all time, surpassing Elton John's Captain Fantastic and the Brown Dirt Cowboy, and all the others,

it is going to be considered one of the best of the 2000-2025 period and all time.

Maybe years from now, someone is going to make a Broadway Musical out of it, and then a movie out of it (or the reverse).

And be considered perhaps in a trilogy of Sunset Blvd/Mullholland Drive & Ultraviolence. The prior two really about American culture Hollywood etc.

please...

for the love of god...

stop.

the large majority of the GP have not heard a single track from Ultraviolence + are probably unaware of its existence. it will not even remotely be up for consideration as one of the greatest albums of all times. to you, yes it might be, but the GP will most certainly disagree. Lana's music is great but its nowhere near as iconic as you constantly make it out to be. she is not the next Elvis, she is not the next Marilyn, she is not a classic American icon who will be remembered in 50 years time. that's the sad truth.

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

"best of the 2000-2025 period"

"Broadway musical"

"Tony Award"

I didn't know I could physically cringe until this day. Thank you. :air:

fullsizeoutput-3494.png

please...

for the love of god...

stop.

the large majority of the GP have not heard a single track from Ultraviolence + are probably unaware of its existence. it will not even remotely be up for consideration as one of the greatest albums of all times. to you, yes it might be, but the GP will most certainly disagree. Lana's music is great but its nowhere near as iconic as you constantly make it out to be. she is not the next Elvis, she is not the next Marilyn, she is not a classic American icon who will be remembered in 50 years time. that's the sad truth.

have to agree with you on this one, but there will always be deranged disillusional 'fans' for people..kinda creepy, as they are often the people

whom do crazy shit, once the illusion is burst and reality sets in..scary.. :facepalm:

please...

for the love of god...

stop.

the large majority of the GP have not heard a single track from Ultraviolence + are probably unaware of its existence. it will not even remotely be up for consideration as one of the greatest albums of all times. to you, yes it might be, but the GP will most certainly disagree. Lana's music is great but its nowhere near as iconic as you constantly make it out to be. she is not the next Elvis, she is not the next Marilyn, she is not a classic American icon who will be remembered in 50 years time. that's the sad truth.

have to agree with you on this one, but there will always be deranged disillusional 'fans' for people..kinda creepy, as they are often the people

whom do crazy shit, once the illusion is burst and reality sets in..scary..  :facepalm: 

please...

for the love of god...

stop.

the large majority of the GP have not heard a single track from Ultraviolence + are probably unaware of its existence. it will not even remotely be up for consideration as one of the greatest albums of all times. to you, yes it might be, but the GP will most certainly disagree. Lana's music is great but its nowhere near as iconic as you constantly make it out to be. she is not the next Elvis, she is not the next Marilyn, she is not a classic American icon who will be remembered in 50 years time. that's the sad truth.

While I agree with a lot of this, I do think she'll be remembered in 50 years. Her albums have already been reevaluated after a couple of years and she's actually unique with timeless music unlike her chart-hungry contemporaries. I could see her music garnering a reputation similar to that of Lou Reed (to a lesser extent of course). He was despised by critics/the GP in the 60s-70s, but now is seen as a highly influential auteur.

While I agree with a lot of this, I do think she'll be remembered in 50 years. Her albums have already been reevaluated after a couple of years and she's actually unique with timeless music unlike her chart-hungry contemporaries. I could see her music garnering a reputation similar to that of Lou Reed (to a lesser extent of course). He was despised by critics/the GP in the 60s-70s, but now is seen as a highly influential auteur.

I think Video Games (and maybe Summertime Sadness) will certainly be remembered in the future, but I very much doubt that she will be held in the same prestige as people like Elvis/Marilyn etc. the Lou Reed comparison seems more reasonable

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

I think Lana stands out enough that she'll definitely be remembered in 50 years, at least if she puts out a couple of more albums.

As for Marilyn Monroe, she was never taken seriously as an actress, singer, or person until she died. She desperately wanted to be considered a "serious" actress like Audrey Hepburn, but she just didn't have the talent for it and was seen mainly as a celebrity. It was only when she committed suicide that people started revising history. Her death was what made people add depth to her personality; like there must have been something under her pretty face if she could have serious enough thoughts to kill herself. Up until then she was basically seen as an airhead. If it hadn't been for her suicide, sadly most people would still have no respect for her.

Why do so many people miss that Sad Girl is supposed to be sarcastic and a play on cliches? People always interpret it literally and think it's a song about Lana being sad. :rip:

keep trying to justify lana's mediocre writing! :P

VyIsfwC.jpg

It really annoys me when people say that FMWUTTT is about Lorde it would be totally pathetic and creepy of Lana, a full grown woman, to make those comments about someone who wasn't even legally an adult at the time. And tbqh i thinks its pretty disgusting of the people on here who say it.

CJjib6A.jpg

It really annoys me when people say that FMWUTTT is about Lorde it would be totally pathetic and creepy of Lana, a full grown woman, to make those comments about someone who wasn't even legally an adult at the time. And tbqh i thinks its pretty disgusting of the people on here who say it.

Wasn't that an on-going joke like... a year ago? Not a lot of people on here are saying it nowadays... if any. But we do know they don't get along well so