lflflflflflflflflflf

Ultraviolence - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

What are your favourite songs on Ultraviolence?  

1,051 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite songs on Ultraviolence?

• Cruel World
    • Ultraviolence
    • Shades Of Cool
    • Brooklyn Baby
    • West Coast
    • Sad Girl
    • Pretty When You Cry
    • Money Power Glory
    • Fucked My Way Up To The Top
    • Old Money
    • The Other Woman
    • Black Beauty
    • Guns and Roses
    • Florida Kilos
    • Is This Happiness
    • Flipside

I saw this in the Ultraviolence music video comments on YouTube; thought it was interesting and thought I'd share, but I don't know if this is reaching, or personal interpretation in it's own right.

"Man, the symbolism behind this video...I totally understand it. Lots of complaining in there about the video being boring but the kids just don’t get it. The symbolism behind this video is really beautiful…I totally understand it. The symbolism of this song, why Lana wrote it, why she made the music video this way is all part of her story of Jim Morrison and Pamela Courson. She is a Morrison fan as most of you should know, she must know the story behind Jim’s relationship with girlfriend Pamela Courson. He whisked Pamela off her feet at 18 years old and pretty much “raised her up”. Jim was a brilliant poet and great singer for The Doors but he was also quite a womanizer and when Jim drank he could be brutally violent. Pamela could have been described as Deadly Nightshade or Poison Ivy for the way she treated men to get back at Jim. Lana’s lyrics describes their relationship perfectly especially this part: ” We could go back to New York, Loving you was really hard, We could go back to Woodstock, Where they don’t know who we are..” Loving Jim Morrison was EXTREMELY hard from everything I read over the years. Read any bio book on him. Then add Jim’s fame with The Doors which made it even harder for their relationship. Something else in this video that grabbed my attention was that Pam begged Jim to marry her. They always got the marriage license and have that ready to go but Jim would buckle up and never go through with it. In the end, they never married. Jim died of a heroin OD at the age of 27 years old. In his last Will he left everything to Pam. This is why Lana appears alone in this video wearing a 60’s style wedding dress. Lana has a very fragile look throughout the whole video. Very little makeup. White. Hair straight and flowing down. Reminiscent of the way Pam looked during the Bronson Caves photos. Like Pam, Lana is alone in the end of the video. She reached the alter and no one is there. Jim died. She’s alone. In real life, Pam died 3 years later of a heroin OD as well. She too was 27 years old. Thank you Lana for putting so much thought and effort into your videos. That’s why I always love her work. I hope her fans could just dig into them a little more then just scratching just the surface."

Guys do any of you know where I can get my hands on the FNAC edition of Ultraviolence (Flipside in card sleeve) without getting robbed? It's available for 48€ at http://musique.fnac.com/a7292549/Lana-Del-Rey-Ultraviolence-Edition-speciale-Fnac-CD-album which is way more than when it was released, right?

This is all I could find, but it's still kinda expensive. Hope it helps

http://www.discogs.com/Lana-Del-Rey-Ultraviolence/release/5790435

Guys do any of you know where I can get my hands on the FNAC edition of Ultraviolence (Flipside in card sleeve) without getting robbed? It's available for 48€ at http://musique.fnac.com/a7292549/Lana-Del-Rey-Ultraviolence-Edition-speciale-Fnac-CD-album which is way more than when it was released, right?

They sell it for €25 in their stores. Got it there last week.

To you who said U l t r a v i o l e n c e slayed. . . . .  . . . . FUCK YES! :rock:

I'll probably get some flack for this but I think it is probably the one that I prefer over the others.

It just seems cohesive, mature, and just on point for real. Loved it, maybe that's cause I'm older.

It was funny at the Dallas show we were sitting next to some young teens and they were talking about 

how ULTRA was the worst album and it sucked blah blah blah, I was like excuse me DAFUQ children lol!

It was so fresh, idk. As for the RIDE cover up there, don't fuck with the original. J U S T D O N ' T ! :pft:

i wonder why lana made Black Beauty a single if she wasnt gonna perform it in The Endless Summer Tour

I don't think Lana had anything to do with it becoming a single: she ditched the UV era and Interscope only released it in Germany for a final money grab.

fullsizeoutput-3494.png