lflflflflflflflflflf

Ultraviolence - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

What are your favourite songs on Ultraviolence?  

1,051 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite songs on Ultraviolence?

• Cruel World
    • Ultraviolence
    • Shades Of Cool
    • Brooklyn Baby
    • West Coast
    • Sad Girl
    • Pretty When You Cry
    • Money Power Glory
    • Fucked My Way Up To The Top
    • Old Money
    • The Other Woman
    • Black Beauty
    • Guns and Roses
    • Florida Kilos
    • Is This Happiness
    • Flipside

I can't remember who said it, it could have been Auerbach, but anyway someone said that he was really impressed by the songs, by the fact that they sounded like classics, or something along those lines. I liked that description ! Imo, it does sound like a lot of songs could have Been written by the biggest rock bands !

MDM-Lanaboards-Banner.jpg

I can't remember who said it, it could have been Auerbach, but anyway someone said that he was really impressed by the songs, by the fact that they sounded like classics, or something along those lines. I liked that description ! Imo, it does sound like a lot of songs could have Been written by the biggest rock bands !

I recall him claiming that he was impressed by how her demos sounded when they started to record, and that he could feel the emotion she put into this record

Lana mentions it too in the Clash and Inrocks interviews :)

Also, dying at all this new info. UV becomes my fav album ever more everyday, I discover new things and subtleties every time I listen to it. Btw, where does this thing about UV having no promo comes from? Because we have an actual shit ton of them for the Interviews section, much more than for BTD, although they're almost all text based.

ZKcaooE.png

Lana mentions it too in the Clash and Inrocks interviews :)

Also, dying at all this new info. UV becomes my fav album ever more everyday, I discover new things and subtleties every time I listen to it. Btw, where does this thing about UV having no promo comes from? Because we have an actual shit ton of them for the Interviews section, much more than for BTD, although they're almost all text based.

Not sure if there was any real promo, but Dan mentioned in the interview that her label didn't like UV, she had a hard time with her label.

So I guess they weren't really willing to pay a lot for promo/vids.

Source: http://www.gigwise.com/news/92764/lana-del-rey-+-dan-auerbach-open-up-about-fight-to-release-ultraviolence

Not sure if there was any real promo, but Dan mentioned in the interview that her label didn't like UV, she had a hard time with her label.

So I guess they weren't really willing to pay a lot for promo/vids.

Source: http://www.gigwise.com/news/92764/lana-del-rey-+-dan-auerbach-open-up-about-fight-to-release-ultraviolence

Oh yeah completely forgot about this part thank you! Still, I'm impressed at the actual number of interviews and cover stories she had, even though a lot of them are saying the same thing.

ZKcaooE.png

If they weren't happy with ultraviolence imagine what they must of thought of honeymoon

lana-del-rey-just-for-life-anatomy-nss-m

Oh yeah completely forgot about this part thank you! Still, I'm impressed at the actual number of interviews and cover stories she had, even though a lot of them are saying the same thing.

I think I read they didn't like WC since it slows down during the chorus.

They'd prefer her to make music like Taylor Swift etc :D

Truly, this album is overrated and it's all because of lots of 2013 stans that weren't here for Born to Die release and couldn't enjoy it

Truly, Born To Die is overrated only to the fact 2011 stans didn't have any expectations from previous albums so made her first album crowned as the best because it was the one they got first and were waiting for first. *coming from a 2011 stan*

Truly, this album is overrated and it's all because of lots of 2013 stans that weren't here for Born to Die release and couldn't enjoy it

the born to die ERA was good but the ACTUAL ULTRAVIOLENCE ALBUM is legendary

i feel bad for anyone who cant understand and adore the beauty of ultraviolence

the born to die ERA was good but the ACTUAL ULTRAVIOLENCE ALBUM is legendary

i feel bad for anyone who cant understand and adore the beauty of ultraviolence

Its only true flaw is Sad Girl. Shoulda been Wait for Life.

Its only true flaw is Sad Girl. Shoulda been Wait for Life.

Sad Girl is literally my favorite song on the album. so much emotion the instrumentals are amazing, her vocal delivery in this song is one of the best shes demonstrated, etc. Sad Girl is so underrated