lflflflflflflflflflf

Ultraviolence - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

What are your favourite songs on Ultraviolence?  

1,051 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite songs on Ultraviolence?

• Cruel World
    • Ultraviolence
    • Shades Of Cool
    • Brooklyn Baby
    • West Coast
    • Sad Girl
    • Pretty When You Cry
    • Money Power Glory
    • Fucked My Way Up To The Top
    • Old Money
    • The Other Woman
    • Black Beauty
    • Guns and Roses
    • Florida Kilos
    • Is This Happiness
    • Flipside

Wasn't that an on-going joke like... a year ago? Not a lot of people on here are saying it nowadays... if any. But we do know they don't get along well so

I know that it isn't super common these days but i don't know it just really bothers me, its a personal thing

CJjib6A.jpg

It really annoys me when people say that FMWUTTT is about Lorde it would be totally pathetic and creepy of Lana, a full grown woman, to make those comments about someone who wasn't even legally an adult at the time. And tbqh i thinks its pretty disgusting of the people on here who say it.

I mean, it seems pretty clear that it is about her to be honest. The "fucked my way..." part is Lana making fun of rumors about herself and the rest is her coming for an impersonator who had accused her of being inauthentic before stealing her style. I mean...

I mean, it seems pretty clear that it is about her to be honest. The "fucked my way..." part is Lana making fun of rumors about herself and the rest is her coming for an impersonator who had accused her of being inauthentic before stealing her style. I mean...

The "I'm a dragon, you're a whore" part is the same theme as the "fucked my way up to the top" part tho she's still addressing someone who's fucked a lot of guys. I agree tbh I don't think she'd call Lorde a whore.

Personally I think it's about Taylor but  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

RVhKIwP.gif

just watched the nina simone documentary. could ultraviolence be about nina's life?

also after watching the documentary, i feel like if lana is going to keep covering nina, she needs to find a purpose to her music instead of singing about bad boys. nina was all about civil rights. lana should be about something bigger than herself if shes gunna cover nina......

i am the queen of the universe. the waves part, and they engulf me, and the water is warm.   

https://onlineparades.bandcamp.com/album/sure-jan

just watched the nina simone documentary. could ultraviolence be about nina's life?

also after watching the documentary, i feel like if lana is going to keep covering nina, she needs to find a purpose to her music instead of singing about bad boys. nina was all about civil rights. lana should be about something bigger than herself if shes gunna cover nina......

Are you implying that daddy love and being a bad bitch on the side are not all we want and need? :shock:

If one looks at Nina's youtubes and read the comments, one would see Lana covering Nina has increased Nina's totals in an amazing number.

One would think most of Lana's younger fans never heard of Nina and never would have found her videos until Lana did her songs

Which leads Nina to have new younger fans, who will go and purchase Nina's music and keep Nina immortal to a whole new generation (Lana brought me here you see all over the comments)

What could be bigger than getting Nina Simone a new generation of fans, and perhaps, entry into the Rock and Roll Hall of fame.

Same as how many kids looked into who in the world Lou Reed or Leonard Cohen or Walt Whitman or T.S. Eliot are.

as for politics, Lana being so into science is very political.

(being that in the US, most of the Republican party insists that there is no science at all, and all is a lie).   etc.

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

If one looks at Nina's youtubes and read the comments, one would see Lana covering Nina has increased Nina's totals in an amazing number.

One would think most of Lana's younger fans never heard of Nina and never would have found her videos until Lana did her songs

Which leads Nina to have new younger fans, who will go and purchase Nina's music and keep Nina immortal to a whole new generation (Lana brought me here you see all over the comments)

What could be bigger than getting Nina Simone a new generation of fans, and perhaps, entry into the Rock and Roll Hall of fame.

Same as how many kids looked into who in the world Lou Reed or Leonard Cohen or Walt Whitman or T.S. Eliot are.

as for politics, Lana being so into science is very political.

(being that in the US, most of the Republican party insists that there is no science at all, and all is a lie). etc.

Her biggest influence might be her metaphysics studies. I appreciate that she refers to poets even though it's only visible to people that have knowledge

How do Brooklyn Baby and Florida Kilos have more votes than West Coast? LOL

I'll never forget the first time I listened to Ultraviolence in its entirety, I was driving down a backroads highway with trees hanging over the road just as the sun was starting to go down...fucking blissful

Many of my friends hated UV when it was released. Some were even disappointed because it didn't sound like something you would expect after BTD.

Tbh, I felt kind of confused. But the more I listened to it, the more I started to love it.

Whenever I listen to CW, I completely forget that it is actually approx. 7 minutes long.