lflflflflflflflflflf

Ultraviolence - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

What are your favourite songs on Ultraviolence?  

1,051 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite songs on Ultraviolence?

• Cruel World
    • Ultraviolence
    • Shades Of Cool
    • Brooklyn Baby
    • West Coast
    • Sad Girl
    • Pretty When You Cry
    • Money Power Glory
    • Fucked My Way Up To The Top
    • Old Money
    • The Other Woman
    • Black Beauty
    • Guns and Roses
    • Florida Kilos
    • Is This Happiness
    • Flipside

Gosh, I haven't even comment on the album yet! To busy listening to it I guess. :teehee: Well, I love it. Simple as that. I instantly fell in love with CW, MPG and OM out of the tracks we didn't get before the release. Just needed one listen and I was mesmerized. BB of course also sounds freaking amazing now with the guitar and stuff. :flutter: Love the other tracks too (with some exceptions) but I feel they will grow a lot more over time and need a lot more plays.

Silly thing, but I'm real disappointed over the fact that CW don't have the "let the light in / it's a cruel world" lyrics from the Cola intro. CW is one of the albums best songs, but it bugs me a lot. That would've made it even more amazing.

SAD GIRL though. I've had it on repeat since last night. It's the defining song of the album for me tbh  :defeated:

That and Pretty When You Cry create such a power combination :legend:

I feel the same way about Black Beauty as before, about the demo.

The production changes didn't really add or take anything for me, I still feel the same way about it.

I'm happy they worked on it more though, at least we have 2 versions

why did Guns and Roses even make the cut???

i'm a hater

Got the same feeling. Guns and Roses is the weakest part of the album, especially the lyrics. When I heard "HE LOVES GUNS AND ROSES, GUNS AND ROSES HE LOVED GUNS AND ROSES, HE LOVED GUNS AND....ROSES, ROSES, ROSES" or "YOU GOT GAME BOY, GAME BOY, YOU GOT GAME BOY, GAME BOY, YOU GOT GAME BOY, GAME BOY"  I asked myself wtf is that? Lana, you can do better....thank God it's only additional track.

And here is something I don't like about UV: many of its chorus are based on the same scheme: just repeating the title (vide: Is this Happiness, Ultraviolence, Sad Girl, Guns and Roses, Money Power Glory). It's really annoying and cheap. I mean I like UV so much, but I have to admit that BTD got more sophisticated lyrics.

Got the same feeling. Guns and Roses is the weakest part of the album, especially the lyrics. When I heard "HE LOVES GUNS AND ROSES, GUNS AND ROSES HE LOVED GUNS AND ROSES, HE LOVED GUNS AND....ROSES, ROSES, ROSES" or "YOU GOT GAME BOY, GAME BOY, YOU GOT GAME BOY, GAME BOY, YOU GOT GAME BOY, GAME BOY"  I asked myself wtf is that? Lana, you can do better....thank God it's only additional track.

And here is something I don't like about UV: many of its chorus are based on the same scheme: just repeating the title (vide: Is this Happiness, Ultraviolence, Sad Girl, Guns and Roses, Money Power Glory). It's really annoying and cheap. I mean I like UV so much, but I have to admit that BTD got more sophisticated lyrics.

The chorus of Money Power Glory isn't that repetitive...

The chorus of Money Power Glory isn't that repetitive...

I AM MY ONLY GOD

the ONLY things I don't like about UV are:

-Sad Girl was a bit of a let down. the verses are so sexy and sensual, but the chorus is weak. Lana fell into the trap of 'I'm a sad girl', which I was worried she would do, given the title of the song.

-Guns and Roses' chorus is lyrically weak. The verses are cool, but the chorus is so repetitive and boring. I would've preferred a remastered AFFA, similar to BB, in its place.

-The lack of the 'Let the light in/It's a cruel cruel world line' from Cruel World. It's only a minor issue, I can manage without it, it's just that I don't understand why Lana sang the lines if they weren't intended for the track.

apart from that, i'm in love, i'm in love, i'm in love...

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

I feel like, lyrically speaking, many songs are unexploited. Tracks like Sad Girl, FMWUTTT and PWYC could've been excellent but they lack of something... And I agree about the repetitive choruses, GAR being the last straw...

Still, I love Sad Girl

ZmJh1LG.jpg

I like how personal Old money is when you look at the lyrics. Like, she remembers someone she knew and seemingly loved when she was young, most likely because his parents were as rich as hers. Now they are both older, he's not interested in her anymore while she still has feelings for him. And there are lots of remarks about her being kind of afraid of aging. And all this compared with a melody from a Romeo and Juliet theme as well as old lyrics from her. Wow. Also, this song still sounds very BtD-ish, like she's not playing a role but still does what she really feels like.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!