lflflflflflflflflflf

Ultraviolence - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

What are your favourite songs on Ultraviolence?  

1,051 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite songs on Ultraviolence?

• Cruel World
    • Ultraviolence
    • Shades Of Cool
    • Brooklyn Baby
    • West Coast
    • Sad Girl
    • Pretty When You Cry
    • Money Power Glory
    • Fucked My Way Up To The Top
    • Old Money
    • The Other Woman
    • Black Beauty
    • Guns and Roses
    • Florida Kilos
    • Is This Happiness
    • Flipside

also, side note:

occasionally, after hearing these songs for the umpteenth time, after all these years, i still am just now noticing certain stems in the instrumentals of songs

when will rick nowels

I still fail to understand why is Cruel World named like that and not "Crazy" or something like that (the title would be basic af but it would make sense lmao). But it's a very nice title and the song is one of the best in UV along with Brooklyn Baby, Shades of Cool, Old Money and Black Beauty. My second favorite Lana song :oprah: 

tumblr_o3dsrkyP3X1ug1kl3o1_400.gif

I still fail to understand why is Cruel World named like that and not "Crazy" or something like that (the title would be basic af but it would make sense lmao). But it's a very nice title and the song is one of the best in UV along with Brooklyn Baby, Shades of Cool, Old Money and Black Beauty. My second favorite Lana song :oprah:

I’ve always loved song titles that aren’t used as lyrics in the song, like Old Money and Cruel World. they give an atmosphere, an added layer to the song

smile.gif

I’ve always loved song titles that aren’t used as lyrics in the song, like Old Money and Cruel World. they give an atmosphere, an added layer to the song

Can't argue with that. Also I'd like to know why she chose those titles

Can't argue with that. Also I'd like to know why she chose those titles

Cruel World because there was a "It's a cruel, cruel world" in the demo

Old Money because it sums up the song in 2 words

it's really not rocket science, it's the same as wondering why the book "the da vinci code" is called like that

image.png

Brooklyn Baby is winning so far. Taste is winning so far.

Yep, I think it's better than Cruel World. Cruel World is very energetic/aggressive and the intrumental is my favorite from the album, but there's a lot more substance in Brooklyn Baby. The lyrics, the soft/happy guitar+drums, Lana's vocals... It puts me in such a good mood. Honeymoon wishes. 

i'm waiting aimlessly for a movie where the woman is being cheated on her lowlife man so she's listening to cruel world while she's drinking and crying with smudged mascara as she tries to slip a short red dress and decides from now on she's going out and start to have fun, sleep with her bf's best friends and mistresses so that way she robs the fucker of everything and he finds himself with no-one to turn to  :creep:

you can write a dark chick flick with lana's lyrics, i'd actually want to see stuff like this. i've thought about this a lot  :creep:  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhTYU9Jnacw

How the hell is this thread so short compared to the LFL album? I mean it's just always so talked about on this forum but the posts just sort of spread thin. Still solid work. I'm waiting for the weather to just die down, but right now the music just lends to the atmosphere over here and it's just perfect 

UV/Honeymoon

Flipside is the song we needed but didn't deserve

same with Is This Happiness, Old Money, Florida Kilos, and The Other Woman. Y'all missin out frontloadin the album to hell n backk

I don't know if it has already been discussed here or not (because I wasn't even a fetus newbie here when UV was released), but do we have any idea what Brooklyn Baby might have sounded like if Lou Reed would be featured in it? I think it's so fantastic as it is and can't really imagine it getting any better, but what if Lou Reed would have made it even better..? Or did it have a completely different sound before the passed away? Did it have a different name?

What do we know? :party:

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png