SarcasticBeauty

Florida Kilos

I never saw all these replies to this thread! My notifications aren't working properly... :grr:

Pretty sure she's singing "like the winter we're not in".
It makes the most sense unlike those "let the winter winter in" or "like the winner winner in".

And I also think the "if you're by my side" makes most sense and is actually quite obvious to hear.

Actually, I get like the winter we're not in now. Yeah, I'm going with that.

As for the if you're by my side, indeed, it does make the most sense but you can't hear the full side.

I hear 'drink your cherry cola lime' #sorrynotsorry

:omfg: It is possible that it could be drink and it's the sound is muffled by Lana's nasally voice, which makes it sound like jick, which could easily be mistaken for chic. But I'm going with chic-a-cherry cola lime because it sounds pretty lol.

Lana's such a creative genius. God, Florida Kilos is just a masterpiece within itself.

Oh, indeed! :worship:

I hear "chica cherry" instead of "drink a cherry". You can clearly hear the "ch" sound.

It could just be the way Lana pronounces it in this song. Sometimes when I say drink, it sounds like I'm pronouncing it as chrink but with a very soft ch sound. But then again, I have a lisp so who am I to compare Lana's stunning speech with my shitty, lisped speech? 

Florida Kilos has the feel of an unreleased song, in my opinion.

YES! I'm not the only one who feels it!

i think she might be saying 'zoom' in my mouth, ive used 'zoom' as slang for coke before and so have my friends.. i thought it was common slang but obviously not :/ i am positive it's a pretty common slang word for cocaine though, and i know a few people who call it that

I just looked it up on Google and found this, the only result that does justice for what is zoom drug which is what I searched for. Apparently it is common slang for marijuana:

X factor singer Tamera Foster boasts of taking drugs on Twitter

www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/x-factor-singer-tamera-foster-2242125

Sep 1, 2013 - The X Factor was at the centre of a new drugs scandal last night after

a ... smoking “zoom”, which is marijuana coated in class-A drug PCP.

tumblr_or3tpeCeWc1rtq3bfo1_400.gif

I never saw all these replies to this thread! My notifications aren't working properly... :grr:

Actually, I get like the winter we're not in now. Yeah, I'm going with that.

As for the if you're by my side, indeed, it does make the most sense but you can't hear the full side.

you can if you listen to it with good headphones, it just overlaps with the chorus ;)

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

you can if you listen to it with good headphones, it just overlaps with the chorus ;)

I've listed to it with a Bose iPod dock, so I assume it's good quality. But recently, I've only listened to it through my iPhone speakers and car speakers. I play it very loud in the car, so I'll take a listen when I go to school tomorrow.

A lot of these lyrics are hard to decipher, but I don't understand the persistent doubt about the line "chick-a-cherry cola lime". Aside from clearly sounding like that phonetically, it's an obvious reference (conscious or not) to the line "chick-a-cherry cola" from Savage Garden's "I Want You", as I pointed out right away. She just added a twist of lime.

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

A lot of these lyrics are hard to decipher, but I don't understand the persistent doubt about the line "chick-a-cherry cola lime". Aside from clearly sounding like that phonetically, it's an obvious reference (conscious or not) to the line "chick-a-cherry cola" from Savage Garden's "I Want You", as I pointed out right away. She just added a twist of lime.

I honestly believe it's chic-a-cherry cola lime.

I honestly believe it's chic-a-cherry cola lime.

Replying to your earlier comment about the zoomin in my miles, or whatever. Dont believe in everything the internet tells you. Zoom is no way shape or form a common way to say marijuana. It's really not. That's just something someone made up tbh. It could be what she meant but it's less than likely.(I'm going with its not.) It rarely means coke either, that's not an american term for it, at all.

Replying to your earlier comment about the zoomin in my miles, or whatever. Dont believe in everything the internet tells you. Zoom is no way shape or form a common way to say marijuana. It's really not. That's just something someone made up tbh. It could be what she meant but it's less than likely.(I'm going with its not.) It rarely means coke either, that's not an american term for it, at all.

True, true, 

And if it was a name for any type of drug, it'd be cocaine because that's what Florida Kilos is practically about.

I thought we all agreed it was "sun in my mouth"?

I don't know, it sounds like something else...but it is possible that it's just "sun".

But guys, let just appreciate how poetic Lana is being when snow = cocaine and winter = I'm guessing a lot of cocaine or, like, a druggie paradise! :worship:

im australian.... sigh

i have heard people call coke zoom, and i have used it in context myself, im not gonna argue wether or not its a word for coke because i use the word for coke myself as well as others, but it sounds like not many people use it in that context, i did listen to the song again today super slowed down and im almost positive she says 'zoom in my mouth' 

either than or my minds playing tricks on me, i definitely hear the 'z' sound

dlnh8i.gif

im australian.... sigh

i have heard people call coke zoom, and i have used it in context myself, im not gonna argue wether or not its a word for coke because i use the word for coke myself as well as others, but it sounds like not many people use it in that context, i did listen to the song again today super slowed down and im almost positive she says 'zoom in my mouth' 

either than or my minds playing tricks on me, i definitely hear the 'z' sound

Maybe it's an Australian thing because I actually remember hearing it before. A lot of people are talking about drugs and declaring the're a "druggo" (yeah, right!) and I'll give them a test, saying if they know what this "zoom" is, they :quote:do take drugs:quote: but if they don't get it they don't take drugs. so If the majority of the people say cocaine, Imma go with it. Maybe it's a new word. 

Anyway, I definitely hear in my mouth and it's either zoom or sun.

I just think zoom in my mouth makes sense with the rest of the song. Especially since if it was sun in my mouth like what she has her mouth hanging open? I think it's zoom and feel free to disagree and say zoom isn't a word for coke I don't care I use it and other people have used it around me and I've never heard anyone respond to me 'wtf is zoom' when I or others have mentioned it.. I'm o my trying to help, this is one of my favourite songs next to methamphetamines and one thing we have all learned from LANA is that it's always a bit of a task to figure out exactly what tf she said.

Hopefully she performs it's live sometime and says that line super slowly and clearly

dlnh8i.gif

I just think zoom in my mouth makes sense with the rest of the song. Especially since if it was sun in my mouth like what she has her mouth hanging open? I think it's zoom and feel free to disagree and say zoom isn't a word for coke I don't care I use it and other people have used it around me and I've never heard anyone respond to me 'wtf is zoom' when I or others have mentioned it.. I'm o my trying to help, this is one of my favourite songs next to methamphetamines and one thing we have all learned from LANA is that it's always a bit of a task to figure out exactly what tf she said.

Hopefully she performs it's live sometime and says that line super slowly and clearly

It's definitely zoomI agree with you. It makes sense, unlike sun. But I listened to it really, really loud today and Lana is definitely saying zoom, I can hear the double sound. And the sound too. It's zoom.

It's definitely 'zoom', despite it not making much sense, but tbh she did also write 'he used to call me DN/that stood for deadly nightshade' so we already know she has a knack for shoving words in to fit

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

Sun in my mouth and gold hoops makes sense because she's describing what she's wearing. Also, zoom could be it I guess, even though it's not common over here in America. I she could be saying sun because of like a golden grill which she describes very often. But its whatever, the song is excellent !

Like the winter that we're in.

It's preferring to cocaine, how it's white and powdery like snow. And when you snort it, a cold feeling will rush through your body like you're out naked in the winter. (At least that's what I think.)