CruelWorld

Lana answers Frances Bean Cobain

I agree, but only to a point; Lana is not the only artist under any trade, be it music, literature, etc., that has established a particular method and ideal in her craft that's in her element. And as someone in the arts myself, I do not think anyone should have to apologize or compromise their art for the sake of the general public who can easily set their attention on artists that cater to their sensitivities. I do not think there's anything wrong with what Lana said. Controversial? Yes. Wrong? I think it's really unfair to invalidate someone's feelings just because they're otherwise not understood by everyone else. Yes, she should probably exercise better self-monitoring skills and develop a more "less-means-more" approach to answering questions in her interviews, but let's not disregard that Lana has always been generally cryptic and vague, and it's kind of unfair that when she does speak with candor, it turns into a hen-pecking session. And if she does keep it vague, she gets criticized for "lack of authenticity." She's damned if she does, damned if she doesn't, and that really sucks. And I'd have the same gripe about it if it was another artist.

I completely understand and agree with your points. whilst I don't think Lana should 'hide' her opinions or even lie about them, I think Lana definitely needs to think about what she says before she says it. she needs to think about HOW she is expressing her opinion and HOW it can be seen by other people. there's absolutely nothing wrong with Lana informing us of her views (I encourage it, if anything), but unfortunately the media is a manipulative force that appears near-determined to flatten her into the ground, as this incident proves.

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

Lorde favourites a tweet saying "if you have a . In the middle of your Instagram name kill yourself"

She's promoting suicide!!! Hypocrite!

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

Here is the definition of "glamour" from dictionary.com:

glamour

noun

1.the quality of fascinating, alluring, or attracting, especially by a combination of charm and good looks.

I think this means that one can look at famous people who died young as being at their peak of attractiveness forever, and that is indeed glamorous.  Jim Morrison was on the cover of Rolling Stone ten years after he died, with the headline, "He's hot, he's sexy, and he's dead."

not to mention pitchfork going all bananas. i swear ive seen her name countless amount of times this last week. they even did like an half-hour podcast about her :toofunny:

that podcast was bullshit by the way. all that trash talk about florida kilos and lindsay zoladz backpedaling like crazy tryna get into the hipster good books again like w/e girl.

4d05b88473027157c69dadf2c058161f.jpg

Lorde favourites a tweet saying "if you have a . In the middle of your Instagram name kill yourself"

She's promoting suicide!!! Hypocrite!

I honestly don't know why this kid called Borde is so interested in being involved with this. She seems so bitter. It's obvious that she is not above this.and that Lana can let out a single moan and still gets more attention than her. 

She recently also felt the need to "clock" a fan by telling him that she is not going to play gigs for little money anymore since she is a Grammy winner now.

Like wow Lorde, has it come that far that you even have to remind your own fans that you have won Grammies?  :creep:

Lana has handeled this in a classy way. Responded to Kurt's daughter and explained it. Not that she needed to, but she did. 

I honestly don't know why this kid called Borde is so interested in being involved with this. She seems so bitter. It's obvious that she is not above this.and that Lana can let out a single moan and still gets more attention that her. 

She recently also felt the need to "clock" a fan by telling him that she is not going to play gigs for little money anymore since she is a Grammy winner now.

Like wow Lorde, has it come that far that you even have to remind your own fans that you have won Grammies?  :creep:

Lana has handeled this in a classy way. Responded to Kurt's daughter and explained it. Not that she needed to, but she did. 

Apart from this it's ridiculous for her to say something like this when she herself critisized lana and co for being "to involved in the world of the rich ones" and, because of this "not relevant for young listeners" and so on ....

Yeah, being a snotty Grammy winner is so much better and so down to earth. Lorde really is a lot more athentic than all the other stars out there :creepna2:

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

Apart from this it's ridiculous for her to say something like this when she herself critisized lana and co for being "to involved in the world of the rich ones" and, because of this "not relevant for young listeners" and so on ....

Yeah, being a snotty Grammy winner is so much better and so down to earth. Lorde really is a lot more athentic than all the other stars out there :creepna2:

While this should not be taken too far away from the actual topic (although it is part of the discussion since other people are gettin involved in this), I really don't get her need to comment on this. She really tries too hard to put herself way apart from Lana and hell, she is 17. She has no clue where she will be in 10 or 12 years. It's not her business. Full stop.

your smiley use is on par my friend, just saying !

tumblr_m7ggbemthf1r7oj7fo1_500.gif

Here is the definition of "glamour" from dictionary.com:

glamour

noun

1.the quality of fascinating, alluring, or attracting, especially by a combination of charm and good looks.

I think this means that one can look at famous people who died young as being at their peak of attractiveness forever, and that is indeed glamorous.  Jim Morrison was on the cover of Rolling Stone ten years after he died, with the headline, "He's hot, he's sexy, and he's dead."

yeah its undeniable that stars who die young are mainly the people who become icons and its because they never age, theyre forever immortalised in their prime moment

and then playing the victim because people on twitter are harassing her, she asked for it when she got involved by RTing those tweets.

K I'm sorry but nobody asks for harassment by giving an opinion. Twitter is a public website and people are allowed to give their opinion there.

God some of you fucking make me sick.

14417469274.gif

K I'm sorry but nobody asks for harassment by giving an opinion. Twitter is a public website and people are allowed to give their opinion there.

When you state your opinion in public, you should be prepared for the lashes to come and everybody is free to get you these days. If that makes you sick, you should take a time travel when media did not exist, especially not Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.

When you state your opinion in public, you should be prepared for the lashes to come and everybody is free to get you these days. If that makes you sick, you should take a time travel when media did not exist, especially not Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.

You're missing my point. People in this thread are acting like it's ok to harass someone because of an opinion. Just because "oh well that's life now" doesn't make it ok. It's disgusting some of the things I've read on twitter in response to Sky simply agreeing with Frances. It's a public place, she's allowed to have an opinion & post it, and shouldn't be endlessly harassed and have comments made about her being a drug addict in response by petulant fans that don't have any respect for anyone except their fave.

14417469274.gif

You're missing my point. People in this thread are acting like it's ok to harass someone because of an opinion. Just because "oh well that's life now" doesn't make it ok. It's disgusting some of the things I've read on twitter in response to Sky simply agreeing with Frances. It's a public place, she's allowed to have an opinion & post it, and shouldn't be endlessly harassed and have comments made about her being a drug addict in response by petulant fans that don't have any respect for anyone except their fave.

Well, actually these people who feel the need to express their opinion, regardless if good or bad, are also settting themselves up to be judged by their past or present. That's why they are public figures and they have chosen their path. And I am sure that everybody who posts on social media and is eventually siding with one party or the other is perfectly informed about this. Social media was not invented yesterday.  :hooker:

I get your point but I stand with what I've said. I don't think it's ok to be a disrespectful asshole because someone (gasp) DISAGREES WITH YOUR FAVE! god forbid

I get yours, too. BUT we simply don't live in that time and age any longer and especially artists know that too damn well. I also find it disrespectful that Sky and Lorde had to join in since it it is not their business at all.. I mean, it won't effect my personal preferences towards these artists since I will still like Sky and loathe the other one.

well i didnt explain myself right, i mean that when you do something on social media everyone sees it specially if u are a celebrity so what would you expect ? Obviously twitter stans are going to harass her.

I get your point but I stand with what I've said. I don't think it's ok to be a disrespectful asshole because someone (gasp) DISAGREES WITH YOUR FAVE! god forbid

and that is other problem and u cant do anything about it because it is what it is.

I think too many people are getting involved in this, it was a calm conversation between Frances and Lana but everyone had to come stampeding in to share their uneducated irrelevant opinion. It frustrates me so much. If you weren't involved with it in the first place, stay out :awkney:

REJPMf7.png