TIARNZUS

Songs Lana should cover

I want her to cover a Cat Power song soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo bbbbbbbbbbaaaaaaaaaaaaaaadddddddddddd. Especially Hate because it's my favourite but literally any of it. Come on Lana you said you stan her come through

ZKcaooE.png

She should cover Song to the Siren by This Mortal Coil. I know she has to know that the song exists since she is a huge David Lynch fan. Hopefully, one day we will have a cover of it.

She should also cover this song tbh. It'd be intriguing and shady af.

I have a list:

1. Hyperballad by Bjork

tumblr_m7wk1cpfmR1qd6180o1_250.gif

Preferably like the Brodsky quartet version but with a huuuge orchestra and tons of reverb. Maybe even windy noises. I want to see the music video for it so bad. Lana, on top of a mountain, with a long flowing white dress. They should show the things as they fall in slow motion.

"We live on a mountain... right at the top..."

2. Body Company by And One

A weird one for sure, considering that this is German darkwave club music. Not exactly her thing but... I imagine she'd slow it down, with dissonance and heavy bass. I want to hear her quietly sing these dark, macabre lines.

"Sex will cover your black machinery (let me inside)."

3. Dead Souls or She's Lost Control by Joy Division

Mostly curious as to how she'd interpret Joy Division, but I think it would be amazing.

"And she turned around and took me by the hand and said I've lost control again..."

4. Don't Dream It's Over by Crowded House

CrowdedHouse_Over.jpg

Most covers of this song suck, if not all of them (Miley's was especially bad), which is why I think Lana should rock it. Make it popular again. The original is just too good to be forgotten.

"Now I'm walking again, to the beat of the drum, and I'm counting the steps to the door of your heart..."

5. Heart Shaped Sunglasses by Marilyn Manson

You could do a lot with this one, and she could go full Lolita on it too. I mean, if she ever wants to recreate that style of things. Since he mostly screamsings it, she could honestly go anywhere with the vocals. Also, the word "little girl".

"She said: kiss me, it will heal, but it won't forget."

tumblr_n98nr16CMx1rvrq85o2_400.gif

6. In Your Room by Depeche Mode

My favorite band. It took me a long time to think of the perfect song by them for her to sing and damn. This song is just so desperately sad. If Lana sung it, I might jump off a bridge. In a good way. Let's put Lana in this chair:

hqdefault.jpg

"In your room, where souls disappear. Only you exist here..."

7. Remind Me by Royksopp

Another desperately sad song that would probably make me jump off a bridge. I don't want this woman to hold her tongue; silence won't speak for her! Not today, Satan!

"I'm failing to recall what I was missing all that time in England..."

8. Sex and Candy by Marcy Playground

Chill, funny, cute, sad. It's perfect.

"And there she was, like double cherry pie."

9. Wonderful Woman by The Smiths

If she covered anything written by Morrissey, I would scream myself horse at the news. She should do this in a femme fatale sort of way. The Other Woman sure can be cruel. She would kill it, perhaps literally. My favorite song by The Smiths is Still Ill but I'm not sure it suits her. Bonus points if she imitated this cover:

Wonderful_Woman_2.jpg

"Ice water for blood, beneath no heart nor spine."

10. Candy Says by The Velvet Underground

Sad, but hopeful. I want to see her spin on this classic. It's been covered a million times. My personal favorite version is by Martin Gore. I think she could do even better.

"What do you think I'd see if I could walk away from me?"

11. Heroin She Said by Wolfsheim

Another German synthpop song, actually, damn. True perfection, though. Hopeless, and yet somehow hopeful as well. I think, with her own experiences regarding addiction, she could make this a truly soulful ballad.

"A skinny figure in the dark, her face a shade of grey."

I'll stop for now. I've lost control.

tumblr_ly9xvlYb5t1r9sru9o1_500.gif

literally any christmas carol. 

imagine a lana christmas album! yes bitch

Ever seen this?

Also known as BlueAsJeans on AltBoardsDoes-The-Body-Rule2.pngtiny.png

Down by the River by Neil Young.

- For all you Ultraviolence lovers: it has the stripped-back, non symphonic sound that Ultraviolence showcases.
- She mentioned Neil Young in Summer of Sam. (Baby, I'm a cinnamon girl)
- Come on, imagine her voice, with vocals like the live version of MDM, scream-moaning "Down by the river."

Remember the trippy song from the animated Santa Claus is coming to town as sung by Jessica later to be Santa's wife Mrs. Claus?

The animated hour show was  the one about the story of Santa,  with the Winter Warlock, with narration from Fred Astaire.

It was so weird it was edited out some years for the TV showing (long before video).

and do it Lana style.

or perhaps a medley with one of the songs sung by one of the others done with a male vocalist.

and someone just pointed out another song by the singer Robie Lester who originally sang "My world" called "Chimney Sweep" a bluesy jazz type song

that would also be appropriate

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

I'd die if she covered There Is a Light That Never Goes Out by The Smiths, Lovesong by The Cure, Unravel by Björk, and I agree SO HARD with whomever suggested Winter Now by Broadcast earlier on this page. Also, not sure if she'd ever be down to do a French song, but she could absolutely kill Voilà by Françoise Hardy.

woah this is amazing  :defeated: more fans