TIARNZUS

Songs Lana should cover

Breaking Down - Florence + the machine

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=L8Yf06sU-Hs

British Legion - Kasabian

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jxw2JaXgSiQ

Hoodoo - Muse

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gW4NdDTg07Y

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371                                                                

^^ I think she would rather cut herself than cover Gags. And for the record I don't believe this just because I wholeheartly hate Lady Gags (as everybody knows here)

Since Tori has covered her on her last Tour with a Blues Jeans / Wicked Game mash up, I really think Lana could sing Tori's "Winter". Plus, I think Rob would be pretty happy about it.

Slant Magazine also kinda compared them in an article. And knowing Tori for so long, I am sure she likes Lana a lot.

From the Slant article: "Del Rey's been called anti-feminist, though for what reason I still can't discern. She wears sexy clothes? She sings sad songs about wanting love so badly it might kill her? From this self-serious understanding of feminism, I wonder how Tori Amos's "Me and a Gun" would fare today. Yes, I just compared Lana Del Rey to Tori Amos, not only because I can imagine the former writing a song about being forced to off her rapist because she's hasn't "seen Barbados." I still don't know exactly what kind of singer Del Rey wants to be, which pose of hers is the right one, but I do know that, like Amos, she shows us a version of female desire that we're not used to hearing, one that's genuinely felt on Born to Die. For a pop singer, that's rare enough."

Fade Into You by Mazzy Star  :defeated:

You understand  :defeated: Anything Mazzy Star would be amazing.

I am still failing to see how this is different from the other thread about covers though.   :awkney:

Goddesses don't speak in whispers. They scream.

I'd like to hear her do some more Disney songs, personally. I really think she could do a lot of Snow White songs, such as the following:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0niwn2pOEno 

I realise that they're sung in quite high voices (especially the latter), but I believe that Lana could put such a haunting twist on them, particularly the first.

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

I don't think she listens to heavy metal but I want her to cover an Iron Maiden song lol.

The song structures of most IM songs are so different to Lana's that it's hard to picture it, but imagine her covering Remember Tomorrow?! Especially great because it would annoy all the humourless heavy metal fans :godlaugh:

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

The song structures of most IM songs are so different to Lana's that it's hard to picture it, but imagine her covering Remember Tomorrow?! Especially great because it would annoy all the humourless heavy metal fans  :godlaugh:

YES PLEASE :defeated: That song is beautiful

Fever - Peggy Lee 

&

Santa Baby (I need a Lana holiday song in my life)

:lush:

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

^^ I think she would rather cut herself than cover Gags. And for the record I don't believe this just because I wholeheartly hate Lady Gags (as everybody knows here)

Since Tori has covered her on her last Tour with a Blues Jeans / Wicked Game mash up, I really think Lana could sing Tori's "Winter". Plus, I think Rob would be pretty happy about it.

Slant Magazine also kinda compared them in an article. And knowing Tori for so long, I am sure she likes Lana a lot.

From the Slant article: "Del Rey's been called anti-feminist, though for what reason I still can't discern. She wears sexy clothes? She sings sad songs about wanting love so badly it might kill her? From this self-serious understanding of feminism, I wonder how Tori Amos's "Me and a Gun" would fare today. Yes, I just compared Lana Del Rey to Tori Amos, not only because I can imagine the former writing a song about being forced to off her rapist because she's hasn't "seen Barbados." I still don't know exactly what kind of singer Del Rey wants to be, which pose of hers is the right one, but I do know that, like Amos, she shows us a version of female desire that we're not used to hearing, one that's genuinely felt on Born to Die. For a pop singer, that's rare enough."

Bless you for this post, I agree completely. And I've always loved the quote from Slant. Of course now we know that Lana is not into feminism because she cares more about ~the creation of universe~ and not puny little human problems like societal discrimination, but the fact that she sings about abusive relationships wasn't a reason to slam her. That's the reason I fell in love with her - she was the first pop star who had similar outlook on life and love as me, and wasn't afraid to express it.

i am nothing and should be everything

I'd love if you sing a song by Radiohead :crai:

"No Supreses" - Radiohead (would be great)
:crai:

"Karma Police" - Radiohead

"Exit Music (For A Film)" - Radiohead (please, it would be pretty cool absurd!!) :pray2:

Wicked Game - Chris Isaak, as others have said ...

"Back To Black" - Amy Winehouse

"Life On Mars" - David Bowie... :crying4:

Also Glory Box or Roads, Portishead!! (Roads in particular, it would be orgasmic ... :icant: :icant: )

Honestly, I'd love her hear her version of The Harold Song by Kesha. That song is just rtyvgbuhijnk

Or maybe Alanis Morissette's Ironic or Head Over Feet

OH!! Maybe Amy Winehouse's Back To Black?  :brows:

Or maybe a good P!nk song... like maybe Sober?

tumblr_mmtpxe9hDJ1qjdybto5_500.jpg

thought some more about the Christmas EP Lana REALLY REALLY REALLY should do. i think these covers would suit her and be really good:

-Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas (we know she's already done this anyway, she needs to release it already!)

-Santa Baby (in the style of Happy Birthday Mr. President)

-Blue Christmas (it's a sad song by one of her idols - how could she not?!)

-Christmas (Baby Please Come Home) [an Old Money style version of this would be killer)

OAjeWdG.jpg?1