Guest Maru the Cat

What Upcoming Releases Are You Looking Forward To?

Not a traditional release, but Regina has been scoring a Broadway musical for what seems like years now. I don't know when exactly it will be coming out, but the few of her demos from it I've been able to find are really great. :deadbanana:

Reminds me of Karen O's rock opera...Hope that gets a release someday, I believe it was intended to but then they released Mosquito...

Reminds me of Karen O's rock opera...Hope that gets a release someday, I believe it was intended to but then they released Mosquito...

I know, it's so maddening...she records what, nine very "personal" songs, etc., but then decides that they're too personal to put on an album, so she makes it into a very limited Psycho-Opera? :facepalm: I just want to hear the studio versions with Mr. Spiegel...the fact she has yet to release a solo album is pretty surprising. If we consider Rilo Kiley as a contemporary - even though they're from opposite ends of the country, etc., they're from about the same time period - the Yeah Yeah Yeahs have so much less material. :( Both Jenny and Blake have side-projects they work on simultaneously, yet Brian (and most of the time Karen) completely disappear between albums and tours, and Nick just takes photographs and works on symphonies. :deadbanana:

I know, it's so maddening...she records what, nine very "personal" songs, etc., but then decides that they're too personal to put on an album, so she makes it into a very limited Psycho-Opera? :facepalm: I just want to hear the studio versions with Mr. Spiegel...the fact she has yet to release a solo album is pretty surprising. If we consider Rilo Kiley as a contemporary - even though they're from opposite ends of the country, etc., they're from about the same time period - the Yeah Yeah Yeahs have so much less material. :( Both Jenny and Blake have side-projects they work on simultaneously, yet Brian (and most of the time Karen) completely disappear between albums and tours, and Nick just takes photographs and works on symphonies. :deadbanana:

A solo album seems like an obvious choice for her but she's just never done it...I mean, clearly she's done an album's worth of solo demos with KO at Home and Native Korean Rock was also pretty close to being a good side project, but it never went anywhere. Count on her to do endless features between albums but nothing else.

Brian has a recent side project and I'm pretty sure Nick may have had a brief one but I've never looked into them because they're not, for all intents and purposes, extensions of the YYYs without Karen :smh: I wonder, if she were to release Stop the Virgens, whether or not she'd use those studio versions or live adaptations. Curse her modesty about personal work, "Duet" is so good.

Can't wait for Freddy Mercury to release his new single and Kurt Cobain to release a new solo album. I am in a moment that I am wanting things from beyond you know? Oh and also waiting for Brit Brit new goody I am very curious about that one

glgcDdT.gif

ARTPOP - Lady Gaga

Trouble - Natalia Kills

Lip$ha - Ke$ha & The Flaming Lips

Broke With Expensive Taste - Azealia Banks

The New Classic - Iggy Azalea

Prink Friday : The Pinkprint - Nicki Minaj

uM2mzZZ.gifhoDhUSz.png?1

The New Classic - Iggy Azalea

Oh yeah, I completely forgot to mention this one. If Work and Ignorant Art are anything to go by, it could be a pretty damn good album. I just hope it sounds more like Work and Pussy than Bounce...

919ceea0464eb5a3daad20d59bcb188c.gif            3ca7984fc9b72d5b7ff1941e270eb9a2.png

Oh yeah, I completely forgot to mention this one. If Work and Ignorant Art are anything to go by, it could be a pretty damn good album. I just hope it sounds more like Work and Pussy than Bounce...

I actually like Bounce a lot, it is a pretty fun song :)

uM2mzZZ.gifhoDhUSz.png?1

I actually like Bounce a lot, it is a pretty fun song :)

Oh don't get me wrong, me too! It's a fun and incredibly catchy song that makes me want to dance every time I listen to it! I just think it's less unique and more deliberately commercial than most of her other songs; it sounds like something anyone else could have done (for some reason it really reminds me of Ke$ha) and doesn't really have the same hip-hop vibe of her other songs...

919ceea0464eb5a3daad20d59bcb188c.gif            3ca7984fc9b72d5b7ff1941e270eb9a2.png

Coming in September

Sting - The Last Ship 

Moby - Innocents

Nine Inch Nails Hesitation Marks 

M.I.A. Mathangi

Cher Closer to the Truth

Lady Gaga - ARTPOP

TBA

Sky Ferreira - I Will

Sophie Ellis-Bextor - My Ever-Postponed Fifth Album (New Baby Coming Soon)

Albert Hammond, Jr. (announced today and released on Julian's label!)

Say Lou Lou

Washed Out

MGMT

Oneohtrix Point Never

Arctic Monkeys

The Weeknd

Updating my list since I'd forgotten: Iggy Azalea, CHVRCHES, King Krule, David Lynch, POND.

What with an ARTPOP date, I'll do an official list:

Trouble by Natalia Kills (September 2)

The Bones of What You Believe by CHVRCHES (September 23) - after listening for one day but hey :lel:

??? - EP by Sky Ferreira (September ???)

??? by Lorde (September ???)

ARTPOP by Lady Gaga (November 11)

Broke With Expensive Taste by Azealia Banks (???)

I Will Never Release an Album by Sky Ferreira (???)

Singles:

"???" by Lady Gaga (August 19)

"ATM Jam" by Azealia Banks (Very soon???)

"???" by Charli XCX (September???)

"You're Not the One" by Sky Ferreira (Album or EP or...?)

I Will Never Release an Album by Sky Ferreira (???)

don't curse it  :lange:

"You're Not the One" by Sky Ferreira (Album or EP or...?)

i think the title of this single is so ironically funny from a Charli fan perspective  :lel:

EQFO7rX.png