Guest Maru the Cat

What Upcoming Releases Are You Looking Forward To?

I feel like 2013 will be the best year in music for me since 2009. 2009 was really good, a lot of releases that I absolutely loved. So I need to organize just what I'm looking forward to. Here we go:

- Heartthrob by Tegan and Sara (already happened)

- Birthmarks by Born Ruffians

- Mosquito by the Yeah Yeah Yeahs

- ARTPOP by Lady Gaga

- Contributions to soundtracks, including The Great Gatsby, by Lana Del Rey :flutter:

- Vampire Weekend's third

- I'm Not Alright by Sky Ferreira

- Charli XCX's debut

- Pedestrian Verse by Frightened Rabbit

- Broke With Expensive Taste by Azealia Banks

- GOD WILLING, The Front Bottoms and Brand New putting something new out.

RIP my coins :oprah:

Major Lazer in 13 days :oprah:

:O So soon?! I can't wait. Ezra is on one of the tracks, and so is Santi...always good news. 

Vampire Weekend's 3rd album

:worship:

I feel like 2013 will be the best year in music for me since 2009. 2009 was really good, a lot of releases that I absolutely loved. So I need to organize just what I'm looking forward to. Here we go:

- Heartthrob by Tegan and Sara (already happened)

This record just isn't what I wanted it to be. I still like it, but I had hoped for a whole wondrous album of songs like "Closer." :(

- Mosquito by the Yeah Yeah Yeahs

- Vampire Weekend's third

- I'm Not Alright by Sky Ferreira

- Charli XCX's debut

I K, R?!?!?! It isn't often FOUR of my favourites bands/musicians will all put out new music in the same quarter. :D

This record just isn't what I wanted it to be. I still like it, but I had hoped for a whole wondrous album of songs like "Closer." :(

PLEASE DIE.

DROVE ME WILD I COULDN'T BE YOUR FRIEND I RUN EMPTY GOODBYE GOODBYE I WAS A FOOL

Okay I think Tegan is on top of her game but the Sara songs don't blow me away. Although the only one I don't really like is "Now I'm All Messed Up". "Drove Me Wild" makes everything forgivable, though.

PLEASE DIE.

DROVE ME WILD I COULDN'T BE YOUR FRIEND I RUN EMPTY GOODBYE GOODBYE I WAS A FOOL

Okay I think Tegan is on top of her game but the Sara songs don't blow me away. Although the only one I don't really like is "Now I'm All Messed Up". "Drove Me Wild" makes everything forgivable, though.

Don't worry, I'm not done listening yet.  Most of the time, it's the album I dislike at first listen that I later fall in love with. Take Love This Giant, or The Idler Wheel, or Born to Die, or Actor. :creep:

:O So soon?! I can't wait. Ezra is on one of the tracks, and so is Santi...always good news.

:worship:

I K, R?!?!?! It isn't often FOUR of my favourites bands/musicians will all put out new music in the same quarter. :D

Yeah 4 days away. Also, it's gonna be a great year in music for me at least hah

BzhmW.png

Not anymore.  :noparty:  :noparty:  :noparty: 

I mean I understand why it was delayed, but it was originally supposed to have a Sept 2012 iirc.

Either way, I'm seeing Major Lazer in Atlanta on March 8th. I'm super excited, I've never been to a concert where the DJ does a set and I'm ready to go nuts

BzhmW.png

Phoenix (band) should be releasing an album in April, I'm really excited for that! :creep:

And of course, I am impatiently waiting for Cassie's mixtape Rock-A-Bye Baby and her upcoming sophomore album... but considering that Rock-A-Bye Baby was supposed to be released August 2012 (6 months over-due) and her last (and only) album was released August 2006, (6.5 years over-due), I'm not holding my breath. :heidi:

At the very least, Arcade Fire is releasing an album in the last quarter of the year, so when 2014 comes and Cassie has inevitability not released an album (or even a mixtape), their album will at least dull the pain of another album-less Cassie year.  :ohno:

tumblr_n0offys8zL1rhl4f0o1_400.gif
you're so art froggo, out on the pond…

Patiently waiting for Sky Ferreira's first studio album and Wynter Gordon's 3rd EP from her EP Series called Human Condition MFEHSwz.gif

Also waiting for Gaga's ARTPOP, but lbr. #ARTPOP2050

5Zb9jLs.gif

The Girl You Used To Call The Queen of New York City

Patiently waiting for Sky Ferreira's first studio album and Wynter Gordon's 3rd EP from her EP Series called Human Condition MFEHSwz.gif

Also waiting for Gaga's ARTPOP, but lbr. #ARTPOP2050

5Zb9jLs.gif

YASSS all 3 of those.

Really though, I have an obsession with Sky and even the unreleased songs have hundreds of plays.

She's so underrated it's ridiculous

BzhmW.png

Phoenix (band) should be releasing an album in April, I'm really excited for that! :creep:

And of course, I am impatiently waiting for Cassie's mixtape Rock-A-Bye Baby and her upcoming sophomore album... but considering that Rock-A-Bye Baby was supposed to be released August 2012 (6 months over-due) and her last (and only) album was released August 2006, (6.5 years over-due), I'm not holding my breath. :heidi:

At the very least, Arcade Fire is releasing an album in the last quarter of the year, so when 2014 comes and Cassie has inevitability not released an album (or even a mixtape), their album will at least dull the pain of another album-less Cassie year.  :ohno:

Dying.

Absolutely dying at both the accuracy of Cassie's troll-like existence and... other things. ILY. :creep:

2NE1's new album. 

More so CL's solo effort. :flutter: 

tumblr_nbdq8rb2Ps1qz85zpo1_400.png