Please be careful sharing Sparklejumpropequeen links, they can potentially have your full e-mail on them ×
ilovetati

Honeymoon - Pre-Release and Discussion Thread

Good then :O, i hope they use it

I think today's Apple Music news does have implications for the release of Honeymoon (and music in general). I feel there has been a clear change in the music industry - now we have a real competitor to Spotify and undoubtedly this will significantly increase streaming. I'm excited to see what this means for HM promotion.

fullsizeoutput-3494.png

lana being the 4th most streamed female musician on spotify proves that her music works for that kind of service so that seems like this would be a good promo strategy for hm

i76mrxw.png 

I mean, it would be a waisted chance if they didn't even try. on the hand, it would be dumb as fuck to make it exclusive like the things we got on tidal, so idk

premiering it on the beats1 radio thing wouldn't make it exlusive because on apple.com it says that the radio is gonna be free for everyone with an apple id (so basically everyone that owns an apple product or has an itunes account). the premier could be good promo for their radio and for lana. i also didn't get the impression that they're trying to create a tidal 2.0 but more of an itunes radio x spotify hybrid (+some tidal influences)

i76mrxw.png 

maybe they never meant to promote ultraviolence from the start? the label obviously realized how talented she was; not just from BTD but from AKA and all of her unreleased work. they (along with all of her fans) realized that she could literally do any genre naturally and do it well. so they saw her as more of a long term investment. i mean, the bitch writes most (if not all) of her own songs, harmonizes some of her own melodies, and even has a knack for the visual aspect too. most artists can't even do 1 out of those 3. on top of everything, she's probably as marketable as you can get in terms of that face (alone). so much so that it actually caused a backlash against her credibility. so they had to churn out something ~inaccessible~ to fend off all of the retards before they could move onward, financially. and since honeymoon is apparently similar to BTD in terms of sound, i'd assume they insisted on something more palatable so they could promote the absolute shit out of it? 

seems like a convoluted, yet reasonable plan tbh. unless its just a coincidence that her first single is supposed to drop during the same month as this new service (which i can pretty much assume isn't going to flop) 

:hoe:

ZRBNill.jpg

I mean, it would be a waisted chance if they didn't even try. on the hand, it would be dumb as fuck to make it exclusive like the things we got on tidal, so idk

But let'snot forget that this shit will be an apple exclusive not tidal which no one has 

The mansfield show anyone? heard there were major sound issues again for the first part of the show.. like first 4 songs or something..

people saying they couldnt hear her singing and stuff was screwed up.. whats with all the sound issues? maybe a new set of engineers needed..

LOL, while this site was down, i had been reading ticketmaster concert reviews on these shows, and its seems pretty much half and half..

what else is new.. fans saying she has been awesome, then other fans saying terrible..

who even cares about those posts

I think the lead will probably be a top 10 hit, oddly enough there's a lot more going for her now than before the release of West Coast...I mean she's now toured the US twice, fans are thirsty for more because they were underwhelmed by UV and streaming counts for chart position

BzhmW.png

I think the lead will probably be a top 10 hit, oddly enough there's a lot more going for her now than before the release of West Coast...I mean she's now toured the US twice, fans are thirsty for more because they were underwhelmed by UV and streaming counts for chart position

I mean West Coast could have had a bigger peak if they hadnt taken off the damn thing from ituns to upload the new one.

I mean West Coast could have had a bigger peak if they hadnt taken off the damn thing from ituns to upload the new one.

@@HawaiianTropic, yes, there are hundreds of reviews from concert attendees (die hard fans), as well s some whom were probably not that fam with her, posting about this on the ticketmaster concert reviews. Lots of die hard fans, were very pissed about it. However the opposite opionions were there too, so you really have to make your own assumptions as to whats going on with her singing and her sound. they talk about as recent as last nights concert in Mansfield. I was a little surprised as to hear, fans saying they wouldn't see her live again..but still loved her albums. LOL people been saying that about acts forever..

there were news feeds saying sound issues as well. band too loud, can't hear her, etc..

Shes got to get these things corrected. The songs I heard from weeks ago (texas show), sounded good to me?? so not sure what has happened..