3. Hawaiian Tropic

4. Back to Black-esque song

5. Kill Kill

6. Traditional jazz track

7. Yayo

8. Come When You Call Me America

9.  Jazz fusion track

10. Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood

imagine if she actually re-recorded shades of cool with a more jazzy style for the album though.. that'd be beautiful

but what's more likely is seeing Kill Kill on this album, so many of us are talking about it hahaha, it's something i'd personally love to see.. that song is so underrated.. if she re-recorded it for the album or just put it on the album as it is, i'd be so happy. it's such an incredible song. 

Common sense prevails.

Clearly, you take things that should not be taken so seriously very seriously. You should calm down and breathe, sis. This was not an issue of common sense. I simply asked a question, which typically occurs during a discussion.

I'd love something similar to this in style (obviously not the actual songs):

1. Shades of Cool (jazzy rock intro)

2. Million Dollar Man

3. Hawaiian Tropic

5. Kill Kill

7. Yayo

9.  Jazz fusion track

Yes! I was just coming to post something similar, except I'm thinking:

1. Hawaiian Tropic
  2. Maha Maha
  3. Strange Love
  4. Kinda Outta Luck
  5. Playground
  6. Dangerous Girl (sped up version :x)
  7. Driving in Cars With Boys idk maybe
  8. Meet Me in the Pale Moonlight
  9. West Coast

These songs are like the vibe I'm hoping for. I have no idea how orchestral grunge would fit this but who even really knows what it will actually sound like  :derpna2:

I'd be up for lyrics that are more KOL, KK, DICWB, etc.

I feel like I'm just describing another AKA though tbh because that's what I want because its my favorite album. I'm not really expecting it to sound anything like all this, especially if its running in the I Can Fly/Big Eyes vein. She said its more like BTD/P so nothing like what I said. 

I won't even take a stab at what I'm thinking visually because I get weird connotations from Honeymoon and a lot of that is dependent on the music. Lyrically, I hope she gets her choruses worked out and better than the ones on UV. I'd love if she made some songs that aren't about relationships but an album title of Honeymoon doesn't sound promising and I should know better after listening to her for so long.  Maybe we will get something like National Anthem where she is talking about a relationship but also kind of alludes to a bigger picture (i.e. I feel like in NA she was talking about some of the dark sides of fame/money with the drugs/dying lines, etc.).

I wouldn't hold out for it to be Ultraviolence: Honeymoon either. She clearly seems to have moved on from UV and if the music isn't even going to sound the same it wouldn't fit anyways. I think this album is going to pick up where Paradise left off, leaving UV as singular in her discography in terms of style/production. Or if she does try and link it to Ultraviolence I hope it is something like National Anthem meets Flipside in terms of the strings + guitars. 

Goddesses don't speak in whispers. They scream.

I am one of those who are here for more hip hop/pop influenced beats and my reasoning behind it is that that's the kind of music I like? Do I need another reason? I have an appreciation for Lana's typical style of music (see: Ride, or like you mentioned, AFFA, JFK, etc) but I also like when an artist has a variety of down-, mid-, and up-tempo songs. Seeing as this last album gave us mostly down- to mid-tempo songs aside from the bop that is Florida Kilos, I would like to see Lana spice it back up, especially if she is planning to go in a happier direction with Honeymoon. Don't get me wrong, it took me awhile to warm up to it, but I like Ultraviolence and the direction she took. It suits her! But I think Lana is a very versatile artist and does really well with faster, hip-hop influenced songs like OTTR and it would be a shame if she never sang another songs in that style.

*Goes back and rereads my original post that prompted this response, only to be left unsure as to why the girls are giving soo much to a simple question. Hmmph.*

Thank you for your response. I get why you would like Lana to revisit her interpretation of hip hop.

I'd love something similar to this in style (obviously not the actual songs):

1. Shades of Cool (jazzy rock intro)

2. Million Dollar Man

3. Hawaiian Tropic

5. Kill Kill

7. Yayo

9.  Jazz fusion track

Yessss! This music suits her best, IMO. I thought I was the only one who liked Come When You Call Me  :flutter:

Clearly, you take things that should not be taken so seriously very seriously. You should calm down and breathe, sis. This was not an issue of common sense. I simply asked a question, which typically occurs during a discussion.

I said three words. Also, looking at your response to trinity along with this one, I think you'll find that its you who needs to "calm down and breathe".

If she were to return to her psuedo-rapping, I would love her to do so over a summer-ish and kind of jazzy beat like on J.Cole's San Tropez. I think it's tone somewhat connected to the theme I'm feeling for the album, with a bit of jazz and hip hop. Something about the California inspired lyrics and the strings that come in half way through struck me as very Lana.

"A true revolutionary is guided by great feelings of love." - Che Guevara

1. Honeymoon

2. Emile Track

3. Emile Track

4. Emile Track

5. Emile Track

6. Emile Track

7. Music to Watch Boys To

8. Emile Track

9. Emile Track

:teehee:

Do you guys really think there'll be a title track? Honeymoon to me just sounds like a setting for the mood of the album. Then again I thought the same thing when Lana announced UV :whatever:

I like the title tracks from BTD and UV but to me having a title track in each album just seems a bit boring. It just takes away the mystique of the title, at first you wonder why the record is called Honeymoon, is there some kind of running story regarding a relationship? Maybe the whole album will be Lana envisioning the marriage she and Barrie never had? But if there's just a song on the record called Honeymoon, then you almost feel like that's the only reason behind the record's title. It's like with Paradise, since there's no song on the record called paradise, the title feels more like a summary of the album in general (and that record is simply sublime so it's a fitting name)

I'm still not half sure what I'm saying but that's always how I've felt about title tracks, in case anyone cares. :lel:

Imagery has never been my main concern when considering Lana's music but I pray that damned dress she wore to the Golden Globes is NOT any indication of the style of this era :toofunny:

Yeah, it's not my main concern either, but it's clearly important to Lana and how she artistically packages each album.

I would love a comeback of old Hollywpod glamour, but like the Galore shoot and with a new hairstyle. She's done the beehive to death. Bring back the curls.

---

Anyway, back to music. Listening to my favorite Moody Blues album, Days of Future Passed. I'd love an upbeat, concept album incorporating orchestration and rock like that.

I want the beehive back in full swing, Its Iconic for Lana to be honest.

I want her to have that glamour that she had during BTD, I mean I've enjoyed her more casual looks as well, but glamorous Lana or always the best for me.

qsVmBMd.png