ilovetati

Honeymoon - Pre-Release and Discussion Thread

Honestly after the promotion campaign of her two last albuns ( Paradise and UV) I don't expect too much from her when it comes to this. For Honeymoon I just expect her to continuously support her music by releasing music videos. Lana is truly a visual artist so it was a really let down how she handled UV as a whole ( I love the visuals....but only 3 videos for this era?). Even if her label didn't want to release more singles ( which is not the case since they released both Brooklyn Baby and Black Beauty and supported with remixes) she can do her own videos. BTD it wasn't a hit at first in US but she keep supporting the project with videos and see what happeened. I just expect this kind of compromising for this new project

There were a few significant differences between then and now. Back then, the label (at least Polydor) made a concentrated push and invested in her. She was selling lots in Europe, not so much in the US at first, but since there was new music coming up with leaks on a weekly basis and covered in music media, she got coverage there while being non present on radio. That rose the interest of people to check her out more and more and the big budget videos contributed to the success, too and were the icing on the cake. She had two big hits in Europe in 2011 and 2012 (Video Games and Summertime Sadness) and a bonafide hitsingle with Born To Die.

For this era, there were no hitsingles, same as with Paradise The label loses interest in you and the buzz gets killed.

I'm just happy that she continues to make high-quality music and is solidfying her place in music history. She could be like Gaga and go from a couple of years of being over-exposed to a rapid decline because of that very factor, as well as low-quality music.

That said, the short-term gain would be better access to big video budgets. But then again, people like Lykke Li rock their low-budget videos.

When she cancelled performances, she was sick. Would you rather her be sing and her vocals sound terrible and get made fun of more (because let's be honest, nobody has forgotten the SNL gig) or her resting her voice for a few days? Because I'd rather her do the second option. 

There is no need to be upset about this now, it's over anyway. but i can't really imagine she was sick all the time, especially with her "I don't care" attitude.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

I really, really hope she doesn't release anything until her tour is over. An August release would be ideal, I think. When she released West Coast right in the middle of her North American/festival tour, things were so messy. She was playing songs from three different albums and there was just a massive era overlap. I mean it's not like she has to sing songs from only one album at a time or anything but everything was so unorganized.

I think Lana's desire to use surrealist lyrics for this album is brilliant in a number of ways, not least of which being that it is a big "fuck you" to those who accuse her lyrics of being inauthentic. Rather than stripping them down and removing the parts of her lyrics through which she is "dreaming," she decides to embrace fantasy. I love it.

well, "a fan" is never a relliable source, but since we have almost nothing to talk about, let's get a bit excited, right? :D

I think they meant LDR online who, more often than not, has been a credible source for this kinda stuff. Regardless, they do make it clear in the tweet that this is unconfirmed. She said she'd finished UV by Jan last year and we didn't get so much as a lead single for another three months.

I think they meant LDR online who, more often than not, has been a credible source for this kinda stuff. Regardless, they do make it clear in the tweet that this is unconfirmed. She said she'd finished UV by Jan last year and we didn't get so much as a lead single for another three months.

she technically didn't lie, she had finished it by then but then met Auerbach + so it was delayed

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

If this fanboy is telling the truth, it worries me a bit. Unless he was just being coy, he recently said he hadn't recorded anything with her, so I doubt they finished anything in the last couple of weeks. :(

It worries me she is going to work with Emile again...they seem to close after Wait For Life  :toofunny:

It worries me she is going to work with Emile again...they seem to close after Wait For Life  :toofunny:

inb4 "I had the whole record finished but then when I worked with Emile we scrapped it and re-recorded the entire thing"

9ISvyf0.gif

I take a Cedric remix giving Lana a hit over a loon album from start to finish any day of the week

I take an album of her farts from start to finish over that mainstream garbage .  :bye2:

tumblr_o2bsk3y0kh1so86p6o1_400.giftumblr_o2bsk3y0kh1so86p6o2_400.gif