ilovetati

Honeymoon - Pre-Release and Discussion Thread

I enjoy listening to UV still, but I feel like I'm one of the only users who love Paradise, I think its a great piece of work. I'm not saying I want her to revert completely back to that sound or BTD, but I definatley don't want her to do another similar album to UV. Obviously I want her to progress with her work but I'm hoping its a progression based on BTD and P rather than UV if that makes sense.

I feel the same way. I was kind of surprised when I saw how many people didn't care for Paradise. Sometimes when listening, I think te production sounds "off" in some places, but I think Paradise is a strong example of how she approaches albums conceptually as a full body of work; not just a collection of songs. That's her strong suit, I think. And I trust that the album will be its own different and interesting entity, regardless of the fact that she somewhat equated it to BtD and Paradise.

I feel the same way. I was kind of surprised when I saw how many people didn't care for Paradise. Sometimes when listening, I think te production sounds "off" in some places, but I think Paradise is a strong example of how she approaches albums conceptually as a full body of work; not just a collection of songs. That's her strong suit, I think. And I trust that the album will be its own different and interesting entity, regardless of the fact that she somewhat equated it to BtD and Paradise.

It was all promotion strategy honey - Paradise deserved to be on its own.

http://lanadelreyfan.com/exclusive-interview-with-cole-stroud-from-lana-del-reys-new-video/

Has everyone seen this? Like, it's nothing too interesting, mainly due to him not being allowed to say much and the questions mostly being extremely boring and useless, but it's something ....

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

http://lanadelreyfan.com/exclusive-interview-with-cole-stroud-from-lana-del-reys-new-video/

Has everyone seen this? Like, it's nothing too interesting, mainly due to him not being allowed to say much and the questions mostly being extremely boring and useless, but it's something ....

"@LDReyHoneymoon and @TrueLanaNews go a bit further and ask if you know what does Lana do in the video and if she *dances with her red dress in the pale moonlight?*"

they included my sarcastic joke question

im crying

fullsizeoutput-3494.png

Whenever I read  Honeymoon lyrics I think it's a direct continuation of Ultraviolence ( or at least thematically)

"We both know the history of violence that surrounds you
There are violets in your eyes
There are guns that blaze around you
There are roses in between my thighs and fire that surrounds you"

Hopefully this is the "end" of her sadomasochist story with "Jim"

Honestly makes me wonder if she gets beaten in her real relationships. I know she says not to take some of her lyrics literally but her answer in her Rolling Stone cover story seemed like she was skirting around the issue. She said something like "I mean, I guess I'm attracted to people with a strong physicality" when the reporter asked her about "he hit me and it felt like a kiss."

Pretty sure she just doesn't want to spell out the alcohol metaphor for the press.

If she did say the song was about a guru she followed who had to " to break people first before he could build them up again" I'm sure she could explain the alcohol metaphor for the press  :toofunny:

If she did say the song was about a guru she followed who had to " to break people first before he could build them up again" I'm sure she could explain the alcohol metaphor for the press  :toofunny:

I think she just likes to fuck with them.

She first described Ultraviolence as future jazz and that ended up being like her personal description of the record, so at this point future retro could mean anything ( :creep:)

I'm glad she has two videos shot, that means she's really excited for the album!

2wn4whw.png