ilovetati

Honeymoon - Pre-Release and Discussion Thread

Futuretro might be retrofuture which  is a literature/art genre just like steampunk ( but in this case the future is described as something like the past). That Endless Summer tour stage really fits the whole aesthetic  :flutter:

2 videos already? Her label might be the one postponing the release date since our girl is actually doing her homework :P

i doubt she pays actual attention to obscure subcultural elements that relate back to her ~sound~ 

all of her music has been "futureretro" to some degree; mixing elements from different eras / genres etc; we already know by now that she likes to pen these little phrases that don't always mean much of anything

like her next album is going to be cunt-wave and the one after that hindi-core and/or math-slut

ZRBNill.jpg

i doubt she pays actual attention to obscure subcultural elements that relate back to her ~sound~

all of her music has been "futureretro" to some degree; mixing elements from different eras / genres etc; we already know by now that she likes to pen these little phrases that don't always mean much of anything

like her next album is going to be cunt-wave and the one after that hindi-core and/or math-slut

future retro means something tho

retrofuturism is like the old imagining the new; like living in the 70s but fantasizing about what life would be like 90 years from then. so i'm currently thinking of the jetsons lmao

i dunno, that noise-thing at the end of west coast is pretty "retrofuturistic" -- i could definitely see her mixing those elements with a more twangy, pastel sort of sound (i.e "sleepwalk" -- i'm assuming she used that as the tour opening for a reason)

oooooooooo

ZRBNill.jpg

Maybe an image of what the future was going to be like from a retro perspective

Or an image of what retro is from a futuristic perspective :slayty:

The futureretro thing fits the Metropolis-stage. But in the end, she said UV would be "future jazz" ...

But this reminds me of when she casually announced West Coast on Twitter.

And two videos? Wow

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

"Futureretro" = I assume she will go back to her 60's Gainsbourgian Yé-Yé girl roots

I feel the same way. I was kind of surprised when I saw how many people didn't care for Paradise. Sometimes when listening, I think te production sounds "off" in some places, but I think Paradise is a strong example of how she approaches albums conceptually as a full body of work; not just a collection of songs. That's her strong suit, I think. And I trust that the album will be its own different and interesting entity, regardless of the fact that she somewhat equated it to BtD and Paradise.

Let me just say that, production-wise, Paradise sounds REALLY good on headphones … the vinyl is even better

If she did say the song was about a guru she followed who had to " to break people first before he could build them up again" I'm sure she could explain the alcohol metaphor for the press   :toofunny:

She said in the NPR interview that it's about her relationship with God, which is more in keeping with the "cult leader" theme -- i.e. God is breaking her down, alchemically, to build her up again (although perhaps not the Christian God of Church & State)

maybe by 2 videos she means 1 music video and 1 album teaser. we got an album teaser video for Paradise and Ultraviolence.

OMG that would be even better than an actual music video :crying: I love for her album teasers, and if we got 15-seconds snippets of each new song I could obsess endlessly (plus we would know the track titles, how cool would that be)

I agree that the post could be fake and her descriptions aren't that accurate.

But if this is indeed Lana's statement then I'm quite happy because no matter what "retrofuture" means the new album will not sound like BTD, Paradise or UV