ilovetati

Honeymoon - Pre-Release and Discussion Thread

Just when I thought this thread couldn't get any worse. It did. Now it's a filler album. What's next? :smh:

Lana changes her mind again and changes her stage name back to Lana Del Ray, pulls all her material off iTunes, and releases a Greatest Hits album named "The Summertime Sadness Collection" featuring Dan Heath's remastered orchestral mixes of her best songs such as Summertime Sadness, Guns and Roses, and Carmen.

fullsizeoutput-3494.png

Lana changes her mind again and changes her stage name back to Lana Del Ray, pulls all her material off iTunes, and releases a Greatest Hits album named "The Summertime Sadness Collection" featuring Dan Heath's remastered orchestral mixes of her best songs such as Summertime Sadness, Guns and Roses, and Carmen.

I know we're all saying outlandish shit but this is too far, just reading this gave me severe heart failure and I almost had a stroke

omg y'all stop calling Lana a bitch it's her birthday ffs lol :thumb:

Fact: She's bitch  :thumb3:

Bitches can be nice/good/whatever you call it  :smokes4:

giphy.gifTwitter: johndelferro

omg at some of you guys with your melodrama and batshit theories.

You guys need to calm down and relax. Do you really think it makes sense that if Lana Del Rey was this hopelessly depressed, self conscious, self loathing woman that she'd release a piece of shit for an album so that everyone could mock her and drag her through the coals even more than they did before? Yeah that totally makes sense  :facepalm: 

If Lana is whoever you want her to be (the morose awkward woman you call her...a complete stranger to all of us mind you), it would make more sense for her to create a piece of work that she knows can't be dismissed in any sense of the word, just like she did last year with Ultraviolence, which some (not all) of you with your Kidz Bop-filtered lenses dismissed as boring and hookless. That album may not have yileded a billion copies on the Bareback Cardboard 100 chart but it certainly helped her earn some respect amongst the constipated Williamsburg brigade who thought she'd shrink like a little daisy in the wake of all their lynching.

Stop trying to deconstruct her brain and just wait for the music to come. We've just passed the 1 year mark since the last album. She's about to release another 1 sometime before the year ends, most ppl would KILL for that kind of frequency amongst their favorite pop stars.  I'm starting to wonder if this fanbase is as wacko and embarrassing as Lady Gaga's.

I feel like shes teasing the title track to be like an introduction to Honeymoon, but I don't think it'll be the first single, I hope not at least, It sounds like a beautiful song, but underwhelming for a first single, then again we haven't heard the full song, but the chorus makes me feel that way.

If Lana is whoever you want her to be (the morose awkward woman you call her...a complete stranger to all of us mind you), it would make more sense for her to create a piece of work that she knows can't be dismissed in any sense of the word, just like she did last year with Ultraviolence, which some (not all) of you with your Kidz Bop-filtered lenses dismissed as boring and hookless. That album may not have yileded a billion copies on the Bareback Cardboard 100 chart but it certainly helped her earn some respect amongst the constipated Williamsburg brigade who thought she'd shrink like a little daisy in the wake of all their lynching.

lord yes  :gclap:  :gclap:

I hope Hunnymoon song is like that Summertime Sadness track by Cedric Gervais she was featured in ~ slow chorus but amazing dance drop!!

:troll:

People have been talking about that private video since West Coast... It's just another upload of Tropico, it was an US only one but then they privatized it. :P

Yes, I know!

with all respect , but these fan sites could stop talking shit.

Lana never said that she'll release something this month! The model said something but he knows shit tbh. The only real clue that we have is that she released that nonsensical snipet on instagram and that she sung acapella HM on tour. She practically annointed Nowels as the main producer of HM also on Instargam.

Speculation: From all this my take is that HM is a contract filler album and she's on her own from now on. I don't expect any promo tbh or good videos because Interscope probably didn't gave her the money for it. I read recently an interview with Janick, the head of Interscope, and he barely mentioned that Lana will release an album this year. I hope for a good album nonetheless but now I'm getting tired by the way people (included some of her fans) are treating her. 

I don't know what interview you've read but in this one he mentioned Lana with other big acts " We have Tame Impala coming this summer, and Lana Del Rey coming this year.(...) So we have a good mix of developing acts and big acts coming back."

http://hitsdailydouble.com/news&id=296326

* for @: the rest of this post isn't a reply to you directly.

----

I see a lot of talking about Interscope role's as responsible by the underwhelmed performance of UV. They scheduled Lana on tv but she cancelled. Polydor scheduled BBC, promo concerts on France ( one of her biggest market) and she cancelled. Then she did interviews about death and fucking her way up to the top and feminist shit. Let's be real: she is the one to blame for. If we consider her label's POV they had eveything they wished for to promote Lana: a critical acclaimed album, her biggest debut yet, she was the #5 best-seller artist of 2014:

B4iYwrgIIAAKAeE.jpg

This all happened in the early schedule of UV release and this is probably just a tiny part of the whole plan, which means in a long run this album could have done so much better. After that they tried to release Brooklyn Baby and Black Beauty to try to get some money but you all know what happened. She is the one who abandoned her project ( Dec.19 Grazia Interview: "I’m afraid this album will be forgotten(... ) My new album will come out after ( tour), maybe for late-august".

Maybe she has her reasons and I'm sure her life was also a mess at the time but if Interscope decide to not promote HM fairly I won't even complain because as a label they have a point on what should they invest their money (But this won't happen, she is a big act for them after all). 

Something about the IG snippet and the way she sang the live bit seem off to me as far as them going together. The live bit makes the song seem a lot more upbeat and bouncy while the IG snippet sounds so serious and slow. Unfortunately the IG snippet is probably more reliable and the slowness seems more like the lyrics. But then again, snippets can sometimes be misleading (and often intentionally). 

Also as a side note, I always imagined the musical atmosphere of MTWBT being like that of West Coast. I don't know why but the imagery she talked about and just the sound of it make me want it to be that way which is weird since WC is super unique among her songs.

Goddesses don't speak in whispers. They scream.

Lana never said that she'll release something this month! The model said something but he knows shit tbh. The only real clue that we have is that she released that nonsensical snipet on instagram and that she sung acapella HM on tour. She practically annointed Nowels as the main producer of HM also on Instargam.

Speculation: From all this my take is that HM is a contract filler album and she's on her own from now on. I don't expect any promo tbh or good videos because Interscope probably didn't gave her the money for it. I read recently an interview with Janick, the head of Interscope, and he barely mentioned that Lana will release an album this year. I hope for a good album nonetheless but now I'm getting tired by the way people (included some of her fans) are treating her. It's exhausting for me as a fan but I could not imagine how was/is for her. I don't think that is that far fetched that she'll retire after HM, she said it numerous times and my feeling is that she meant it and she's just waited for the contract to end because this is not only about her. That would explain the speed of the releases also. I think that she's genuinely depressed and she just cannot harness any joy out of being in this business that is only working for the self-absorbed and self assured characters.

Yes, i agree with alot of this, its kinda sad too, and i realize Lana is not a dainty little flower made of glass, and maybe brought some of this on to herself, but at the same time, i can see it too, when i watch her face thruout the entire perfomance of a first endless summer tour concert. depression sucks. You can have everything going for you, and nothing really matters. Its easier for people to understand whom are going thru (or have gone thru it.).. and like some of us here, we care about her as Elizabeth first, and Lana second, at least I do. 

Yes, i agree with alot of this, its kinda sad too, and i realize Lana is not a dainty little flower made of glass, and maybe brought some of this on to herself, but at the same time, i can see it too, when i watch her face thruout the entire perfomance of a first endless summer tour concert. depression sucks. You can have everything going for you, and nothing really matters. Its easier for people to understand whom are going thru (or have gone thru it.).. and like some of us here, we care about her as Elizabeth first, and Lana second, at least I do. 

I don't know at who you were looking at but she looked hella happy

"We care about her as Elizabeth first, and Lana second"

Beautifully put.