ilovetati

Honeymoon - Pre-Release and Discussion Thread

The only thing I'm looking forward to at this point is seeing if she's going to be in Billboard's music festival. It's going to be in NY on August 22-23 and they're announcing the lineup on July 9. Seems like it would be a decent place to perform before the album drops.

The only thing I'm looking forward to at this point is seeing if she's going to be in Billboard's music festival. It's going to be in NY on August 22-23 and they're announcing the lineup on July 9. Seems like it would be a decent place to perform before the album drops.

I dont think she will got to a Billboard thingy, they are pretty cringeworthy and the artists are all top 40/hot 100 

Yes we can hope i guess, would be nice and im sure the label would like her to, but to go on past experience, she probably won't do it. I dont see it anyway.

even if she was up for an award sometime again, i am not sure if she would even go? or really even care much about it..let alone a performance on major us tv.

@- what do you think?

I pray everyday for that instagram caption won't turn out to be an actual lyric in a song. 

"Living in the land of Honeymoons & Oil Tycoons. God Bless America, the land of pink champagne & purple rain."  :facepalm:  :facepalm: 

I read somewhere that it's a quote from a poem... But idk. I like the pink champagne and purple rain bit.

and then the release- brand new GOSPEL ALBUM. I would laugh my fuckin ass right the fuck offff.. :omfg2:

would ya'll still love lanz, if she would partake in such an album? Huh? Huh?? dont be shy now..

:welcome:

all of this of course a joke, but you know what? thinking about it, she would be great on a Gospel record.

she'd be great on any record or style actually..  :flutter:

She would never. Have you ever heard 'Cola'?  :usrs:

tumblr_mmtpxe9hDJ1qjdybto5_500.jpg

I read somewhere that it's a quote from a poem... But idk. I like the pink champagne and purple rain bit.

She would never. Have you ever heard 'Cola'?  :usrs:

dont be so sure! this is Lana we are talking bout.

I would seriously laugh my head off.. AND buy the album

Cola is mild.. one of my fav songs ever.. nothing to risque IMO, big deal..she has alot wilder songs than that

dont be so sure! this is Lana we are talking bout.

I would seriously laugh my head off.. AND buy the album

Cola is mild.. one of my fav songs ever.. nothing to risque IMO, big deal..she has alot wilder songs than that

But who else talks about what their pussy tastes like and on the same record, about how she's waiting to get fucked hard? lmao 

But seriously. Why is everyone saying she's releasing a single with Apple music. That's like if I were to say for instance "Oh, Fallout 4 is coming this November and there's a new flavor of Doritos this winter so maybe I'll get the Doritos on the same day"

wtf?????? Stop we don't know any release dates...  :facepalm:  :lmao: Can't wait to see ppl disappointed as fuck tomorrow lol

tumblr_mmtpxe9hDJ1qjdybto5_500.jpg

But who else talks about what their pussy tastes like and on the same record, about how she's waiting to get fucked hard? lmao 

But seriously. Why is everyone saying she's releasing a single with Apple music. That's like if I were to say for instance "Oh, Fallout 4 is coming this November and there's a new flavor of Doritos this winter so maybe I'll get the Doritos on the same day"

wtf?????? Stop we don't know any release dates...  :facepalm:  :lmao: Can't wait to see ppl disappointed as fuck tomorrow lol

yeah, but big deal really, anyone can say shit. people are doing that all the time.. whoop do doo..

lana is just a person thats all. "Believe none of what you hear, and half of what you see" 

but yes, people are letting themselves in for a big disappointment, if they have somehow fantasized themselves into thinking a song comes out on a certain day

LOL.. with what proof? speculation? she should mention a date it coming out and be done with it. but i guess this is a fanbase.. :crossed:

even thrash metal?

She's bringing emo punk rock back with Honeymoon like... bangs = emo. How can yall not see it? Expect a track titled My Chemical Daddy :illuminataylor:

Yes we can hope i guess, would be nice and im sure the label would like her to, but to go on past experience, she probably won't do it. I dont see it anyway.

even if she was up for an award sometime again, i am not sure if she would even go? or really even care much about it..let alone a performance on major us tv.

@- what do you think?

Lana is unpredictable, but I believe that the HM release has to do something with the relationship between her and Interscope. I'm certain that we'll know much more about it after the release of HM because I suspect that things weren't fine between them after SNL despite what Interscope or Lana said in the press. I thought that HM will be a return to a more commercial sound and more involvement in the promotion of her music. But the signs that we have until now point in a different direction, that she will continue the artsy releases like Paradise and UV. Regarding promotion the strongest suggestion so far seems that she didn't let the press on her tour. Things were good and quiet and I think that she is just fed up with the press and she doesn't want more exposure. Using a new Instagram account (with just 150k followers) for promoting HM suggests that she wants to isolate the whole process of promoting HM, saying that HM will be an intimate album, artsy, with a non-pop sound and it's for people who love her sound and artistic persona. The dog avatar, from her main Instagram account, symbolizes for me that she's in defensive mode, she was deeply hurt and she will not accept the media bullying anymore, she wants to keep the haters out. Because of that I expect that she will be more cautious with her interviews and appearances and frankly I don't think that she will go on TV or at big bonanzas. 

She's bringing emo punk rock back with Honeymoon like... bangs = emo. How can yall not see it? Expect a track titled My Chemical Daddy :illuminataylor:

I HOPE SO OMG I'VE JUST GOTTEN ALL INTO THAT STYLE.

"MY CHEMICAL DADDY" I'M D E A D B Y E :rip:

NO EXPECT LOTS OF NIRVANA REFERENCES 'KAY 

tumblr_or3tpeCeWc1rtq3bfo1_400.gif

Lana is unpredictable, but I believe that the HM release has to do something with the relationship between her and Interscope. I'm certain that we'll know much more about it after the release of HM because I suspect that things weren't fine between them after SNL despite what Interscope or Lana said in the press. I thought that HM will be a return to a more commercial sound and more involvement in the promotion of her music. But the signs that we have until now point in a different direction, that she will continue the artsy releases like Paradise and UV. Regarding promotion the strongest suggestion so far seems that she didn't let the press on her tour. Things were good and quiet and I think that she is just fed up with the press and she doesn't want more exposure. Using a new Instagram account (with just 150k followers) for promoting HM suggests that she wants to isolate the whole process of promoting HM, saying that HM will be an intimate album, artsy, with a non-pop sound and it's for people who love her sound and artistic persona. The dog avatar, from her main Instagram account, symbolizes for me that she's in defensive mode, she was deeply hurt and she will not accept the media bullying anymore, she wants to keep the haters out. Because of that I expect that she will be more cautious with her interviews and appearances and frankly I don't think that she will go on TV or at big bonanzas. 

Nice post Vertigo! Yes, I have to agree with most of what you said here. Totally see it the same way. i think its a pretty accurate view.

:hawt:

It's 99.9% likely that it's just a horrible filtering job but I got sent this snippet awhile ago by someone claiming it was Serial Killer v2 (or a Honeymoon version). The only thing that makes me not 100% sure it's fake is that the vocals sound a fuckton sharper than in the version we have now where they're more echo-y/breathy (maybe it's just isolated background vocals though?). Anyway I'ma leave it here for y'all to tear apart at it and even if it's fake then at least people can stop trying to pass it off as real. 

http://picosong.com/gxiq/

RVhKIwP.gif

It's 99.9% likely that it's just a horrible filtering job but I got sent this snippet awhile ago by someone claiming it was Serial Killer v2 (or a Honeymoon version). The only thing that makes me not 100% sure it's fake is that the vocals sound a fuckton sharper than in the version we have now where they're more echo-y/breathy (maybe it's just isolated background vocals though?). Anyway I'ma leave it here for y'all to tear apart at it and even if it's fake then at least people can stop trying to pass it off as real. 

http://picosong.com/gxiq/

I really don't want it on the album, regardless if this is real or not