ilovetati

Honeymoon - Pre-Release and Discussion Thread

If we don't get any news or a at least the Honeymoon artwork by Friday, I will consider this dead to me, Christ Lana step up your promo game.

Yo soy él, cegado por tu inocencia, y esperando el día en el que me veas, aunque parece tardar más que la promesa de felicidad.                                                                                            

I have a feeling this will be Lana's most critically acclaimed era considering HM is just an album opener and got so much acclaim from contemporary critics.

Idk, I'm sort of thinking the opposite. A lot of critics seemed bothered to have to give her good reviews for UV, often feeling the need to sneak in little digs in good reviews. If the lyrics for the rest of the album still regurgitate the bad boy trope, I could see it getting pretty mixed reviews talking about how she needs to explore new themes. I can't say I disagree either. I like the HM lyrics and I think it's one of her better songs about being in love with a bad boy, but it's just so redundant at this point.

Someone had to shoot it for it.

Lana can just put Dreamland instead. :/

They had a camera team at those Hollywood Cemetery Shows and also one at the London date for the paradise tour and we only got 3 random videos from o2 so far (@someone just please leak the whole concert)

i76mrxw.png 

I find most critically acclaimed albums to be boring, don't get me wrong I want Honeymoon to be well-received but I liked Born To Die and Ultraviolence because of their "flaws" too, not just what was considered great about them

Nothing scares me anymore.

Idk, I'm sort of thinking the opposite. A lot of critics seemed bothered to have to give her good reviews for UV, often feeling the need to sneak in little digs in good reviews. If the lyrics for the rest of the album still regurgitate the bad boy trope, I could see it getting pretty mixed reviews talking about how she needs to explore new themes. I can't say I disagree either. I like the HM lyrics and I think it's one of her better songs about being in love with a bad boy, but it's just so redundant at this point.

I kind of disagree about the part where you say it's one of the better bad guy songs. I mean, when you are with a bad guy, make the song dangerous, exciting. I really had to force myself last week to listen to Honeymoon again. It's pretty much BE-ICF-WFL-territory.

... if she likes bad boys.. she likes bad boys.. she is gonna write about what she knows and her life. she's gonna write about liking bad boys because she likes bad boys lol ? u can't just say "wow you still like bad boys? you need to explore new themes" bc .. she can't just go out and decided that she is into clergymen or something 

i really just don't understand

plus... honeymoon lyrics got such a "wow she's talking about bad boys again" attitude when really.. she only said one or two things that alluded to him being a bad boy.. the most outstanding one being " we both know the history of violence that surrounds you" which i think is a very important line in the song because it says "i know he can be violent sometimes but i don't care.." which is sort of how the honeymoon phase goes.

tumblr_mxk6xrLiob1r4y0tco1_500.gif Instagram: pxpi_gringo

I think we underestimated HIM lyrics because of the whole "I'm in love/obsessed with a bad boy" but it definitely adds a new narrative to the story she created so far.

She said before her lyrics are either about her past or how she wished things were. On HM she finally let her past go and she's "dreaming her life away" with this guy ( she's saying to him all things they could do together, ex: they "could cruise to the blues") which is different because usually her songs are about her "past" ( ex: "he used call me DN" and so on)

Honeymoon could be an "after story" or the final chapter of the Lana Del Rey character before she releases something completely new. 

... if she likes bad boys.. she likes bad boys.. she is gonna write about what she knows and her life. she's gonna write about liking bad boys because she likes bad boys lol ? u can't just say "wow you still like bad boys? you need to explore new themes" bc .. she can't just go out and decided that she is into clergymen or something 

i really just don't understand

plus... honeymoon lyrics got such a "wow she's talking about bad boys again" attitude when really.. she only said one or two things that alluded to him being a bad boy.. the most outstanding one being " we both know the history of violence that surrounds you" which i think is a very important line in the song because it says "i know he can be violent sometimes but i don't care.." which is sort of how the honeymoon phase goes.

Still I doubt her life is not all around men, all the time. Especially not about bad boys, neither Barrie nor Francesco really fit the image.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

Tbh we'll probably get Honeymoon's full video this week, a single announcement next week for a nearby release date followed by a music video 2 weeks later or something, the track list reveal with album cover and then the album. Or something like that girl idk

GIRL NO 

I dont know why you guys are so bent over about Lana writing about Bad boys. Its what she's into. And the shit is interesting. She messed with all men who had disorders, and who were into some bad shit--so she's writing about that. I think it's fun, personally.

For the me the problem with Honeymoon isnt the lyrics, those are fine. Its the sound. The melody is boring, the background is boring, the sound is boring. Video Games, for example was a slow song at first, yet she speeded it up at the chorus and that was all we needed to keep interested. Its a great song.

I personally think blues isnt her route unless its like Million Dollar Man; but from the cover songs she's did, and Honeymoon, the sound seems to be too slow and like you could play it in the background of a horror movie(and not in a good way).

This is just MY OPINION.

and Honeymoon, the sound seems to be too slow and like you could play it in the background of a horror movie(and not in a good way).

From the lifetime movie, "Honeymoon Gone Wrong" soundtrack  :oic:

I still think it's beautiful.

[...]

You're right... she feels confortable writing about bad guys but I don't think she's thinking about it all the time. I mean, the woman studied philosphy/metaphysics or some shit like that... she could write about that stuff. She also can write about how she feels being famous, or something dedicated to her family. Writing about bad guys is okay and sometimes cool but it feels super lazy of her. I wish she'd change just a BIT... look at Black Beauty.. it is not exactly about a bad guy, but more like a depressed boyfriend (Barrie) and she wants to make him happy. Ad Black Beauty is one of her best lyrics.

She did say that she was going to be more surrealist this time around, less autobiographical too. 

"My baby's in the sky with diamonds

My baby's in the sky with diamonds

He's from the future, retro future

Dark blue

Dark blue"

"My baby's in the sky with diamonds

My baby's in the sky with diamonds

He's from the future, retro future

Dark blue

Dark blue"

"And that makes me so surrealist, girl.

I'm a surrealist girl, I'm a surrealist girl

I'm a surrealist girl.

I'm a surrealist girl, I'm a non-realist girl.

I'm a non-realist girl."

You're right... she feels confortable writing about bad guys but I don't think she's thinking about it all the time. I mean, the woman studied philosphy/metaphysics or some shit like that... she could write about that stuff.

You try being a musician and writing like Sartre, no one would buy it :deadbanana:

BzhmW.png

Still I doubt her life is not all around men, all the time. Especially not about bad boys, neither Barrie nor Francesco really fit the image.

K??  :hdu:  :hdu:  :hdu:  :hdu:

:troll:

tumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo1_250.giftumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo2_250.giftumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo4_250.gif