ilovetati

Honeymoon - Pre-Release and Discussion Thread

I'm interested to see the extent of the Miles Davis influence she talked about cuz I've been listening to Bitches' Brew for an hour or so now and I quite like it.

Her Cheek to Cheek era is coming, and Stefani better glue her wig down really tight because she isn't ready for the #snatch that will be honeymoon #stefaniyousuck :hooker:

i get the feeling that its not actually her thing, as much as it is another attractive trope for her to idealize. i mean, neither barrie or francesco seem like "bad boys" in the slightest, and barrie is actually younger than her, while francesco is like a year older. i doubt she even drinks (or drank) whiskey; its just another sinatra-esque symbol for her to toss out every now and then 

i'm not saying that she's being ~inauthentic~ i just think she's prone to fantasy (which is fine ... but she should expand on them a bit)  

It might not be her reality now, but it was when she was a teenager, and Lana seems to be really inspired by that time in her life for some reason. She mentioned in interviews that a lot of songs from BTD were inspired from her alcoholic phase and when she and her friends constantly got in trouble, which ended up with her being shipped off to boarding school. For some reason she just keeps coming to those things.

And a lot of it is also about what she fantasizes about, like you said. Lana's got those fucked up fantasies about being with abusive men. She might not live it out but she's really drawn to that.

I don't mind seeing a recurring theme as long as she keeps trying to push herself to write better lyrics and see how she can keep being innovative with her sounds. I'm just used to listening to a lot of artists who will have entire discographies that are just love songs, so it doesn't bother me too much that Lana's stuck on a set of themes.

149o3h3.jpg

I mean most artists have a certain thing that they sing about constantly. Especially when it comes to love and sex. Lana's thing is about bad boys and old men and feeling lonely while you drink whiskey.

Tbh I dont see why most of the people on here have a problem with it. IT's not boring to me. It's what she writes about like other artist rap or sing about sex drugs, love. Lana does too. When you deal with the same people all the time, its what you know. Plus, her imagination on what they're doing is different.

Idk. Maybe it bothers yall, but the bad boy but I love  him, songs dont bother me really.

Okay just a few more days until August and that's when (I'm speculating and when most likely) we'll get the tracklist/cover art/release date.... 

Inb4 anyone tries to say "WHEN WAS THIS CONFIRMED DID SHE SAY INFO WAS COMING IN AUGUST?!?!!?"

No. I've been saying this since like May lol

tumblr_mmtpxe9hDJ1qjdybto5_500.jpg

I was actually thinking about the Life is Beautiful lyrics the other day and how they're connected to that Age of Adeline movie and I think it's actually about her lover being dead but Lana being unable to accept it. Here's the first set of lyrics we hear

Don't be that way

Don't you pretend

You're not away

Your souls on fire

I don't believe

This is the end

To me, it seems like she's trying to convince her lover to wake up and not be dead. She's saying that he's not away, and that his soul is still on fire. She can't believe this is the end (of their life together, since he's now dead). 

I think if Honeymoon is actually a dream sequence like some have theorized it might start with Honeymoon and end with Life is Beautiful, which is where the album-long dream of still being with her loved one shatters because she can no longer convince him that life is beautiful and to stay alive (a pipe dream) because he's already dead. 

This is a good theory, I never thought of Life is Beautiful in that way. Perhaps her lover is simply "dead" metaphorically, as opposed to being literally dead, although either make sense in terms of the ideas you proposed.

I just want "surrealism" to imply Lana Del Ray-esque lyrics. Much more painterly, but not lacking the "bad boy" thematic for that sake.

She's kind of gone off in a direction, as of Big Eyes et al, where her narratives are a lot more traditional -- still Lana-y and poetic, but less about an atmosphere in the way that Lana Del Ray and maybe a lot of her unreleased stuff is.

I think that's what we're tired of. Lana just isn't as visual.. I don't wanna say anymore, but not right now, anyway. Which is what makes the Ultraviolence video such a welcome enigma among the rest of that album's videos.

We want something that's less obvious, is what I feel like.

rihKQ8M.gif

I gave in and listened to Honeymoon  :defeated: Was trying to wait but oh well.

It felt like a cinematic journey rather than just the one simply structured song

She always has a song or two that aren't about love, like in BTD she had Radio, Carmen, and TIWMUG. In Paradise she had Ride and G&M. In UV she had MPG and FMWUTTT. So I think she'll have two or three songs about something else

I'm more hoping for 2-3 songs about bad boys, the rest about something else

CJjib6A.jpg

The theory about LIB made me tear lol

It's really beautiful and the song sounds absolutely amazing and emotional I really need it Lana please put on the album I love it

Who produced it? Dan Heath?

The theory about LIB made me tear lol

It's really beautiful and the song sounds absolutely amazing and emotional I really need it Lana please put on the album I love it

Who produced it? Dan Heath?

Yes, Dan produced it

smile.gif

Please give more info than just a title

idk posted here so ppl could research it more- my friend screenshotted some MusicRebellion's tweet lel 

for now im assuming its fake. 

tumblr_lvdqacrNbS1r6uqn5o1_500.gif