ilovetati

Honeymoon - Pre-Release and Discussion Thread

Alright, we've been getting something big every other Tuesday, so I have high hopes for today.

Honeymoon came out on the 14th. What happened before then?

party.gif?w=1100

omg let me be lanas manager, whoever is hers doesnt know what theyre doing!!!! and lana get off your couch at home and promo and tease us!!!!! the cover art wouldnt hurt!! she said shes had it ready for months now

Remember when we all complained about how UV promotional campaign was a mess? Honeymoon is worse. She posted the song and then dissapeared   :facepalm:

didnt the same thing happen when west coast was released?

i am the queen of the universe. the waves part, and they engulf me, and the water is warm.   

https://onlineparades.bandcamp.com/album/sure-jan

I just want "surrealism" to imply Lana Del Ray-esque lyrics. Much more painterly, but not lacking the "bad boy" thematic for that sake.

She's kind of gone off in a direction, as of Big Eyes et al, where her narratives are a lot more traditional -- still Lana-y and poetic, but less about an atmosphere in the way that Lana Del Ray and maybe a lot of her unreleased stuff is.

I think that's what we're tired of. Lana just isn't as visual.. I don't wanna say anymore, but not right now, anyway. Which is what makes the Ultraviolence video such a welcome enigma among the rest of that album's videos.

We want something that's less obvious, is what I feel like.

I'd agree with you, but the thing is, we haven't had an album since June of last year. She's (somehow) had enough time to completely make an entire full album in such little time but who knows, it could be as simple as AKA or as complex as BTD and Paradise. We'll just have to wait and see.

tumblr_mmtpxe9hDJ1qjdybto5_500.jpg

Remember when we all complained about how UV promotional campaign was a mess? Honeymoon is worse. She posted the song and then dissapeared   :facepalm:

Calm down. It's been like what, 2 weeks? Do you really expect the album or at least the full info on the album two weeks after a song is put on YouTube (and not even sold on iTunes???) Selena Gomez announced her new album about 2-3 weeks after the first single released so chill the fuck out and don't rush her or it'll get delayed into December like Tropico

tumblr_mmtpxe9hDJ1qjdybto5_500.jpg

There might not be any single prior to the album release. That way the built up anticipation will lead to only complete downloads and album sales, and with each song counting more, the total number of sales

will increase for that first week chart.

Not to mention, speaking of psychedelia, Sgt. Peppers did not have any singles at all.

And if the album is going to come out suddenly this makes even more sense.

Also, as Lana is not going for singles or radio play, and wants everyone to hear the entire album from cut 1 to the least cut (is it 13?) making people buy the entire package is the way to go for what looks to be

another concept album.

what's the old cliché?  Good things come to those that wait

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

Calm down. It's been like what, 2 weeks? Do you really expect the album or at least the full info on the album two weeks after a song is put on YouTube (and not even sold on iTunes???) Selena Gomez announced her new album about 2-3 weeks after the first single released so chill the fuck out and don't rush her or it'll get delayed into December like Tropico

yes and her single is out for like 4 weeks and her album is coming on oct, 9th. she has a confirmed date. we don't even have a confirmed release date for the 1st single (!) for a record that is supposed to come out in sept. if you don't see the mess there....