ilovetati

Honeymoon - Pre-Release and Discussion Thread

making music is lanas passion, thats not being lazy, her not promoting it and not doing all she can with it is lazy

yeah we mean lazy by that, not her releasing music, tours doesnt count because not everyone can go and see her, shes been in america since forever too

Spawning 3 albums in the period of 3 years ? Having multiple tours ? Thats called being lazy ?  If she doesnt enjoy performing live on television, u cant make her to do it and its nothing to do with laziness.

well, 2 albums and 1 ep. and lol, the recent tour was like... 15 shows or something. she hasn't done any good promo except for a little touring, honestly. i just think she's being kinda lazy. different strokes for different folks. some people obviously agree with me.

lABVyGE.png

yeah we mean lazy by that, not her releasing music, tours doesnt count because not everyone can go and see her, shes been in america since forever too

Yeah, it's odd how she's been isolating her European fan base. She was huge there after BTD.

It would be one thing is some here were talking about Billy Joel

NO (that's ZERO) new songs in 22 years now, with none at any time soon

No touring for years and only because he is such a bad business person and went bankrupt a few times, does he lazily now do one show a month at Madison Square garden seemingly forever,

and basically playing to the same 18,000 fans with money each month.

Nothing wrong with it

But Lana has released albums every year (and for all intents Paradise is and should have been a separate album, and when people say Born to Die sold so much, some of those sales were because

the same person bought another copy of BTD when buying the deluxe Paradise (they count the same)

Meanwhile, streaming is what people do now, and not physical cds (Lana has had 3 big selling vinyl in a row) and Lana is one of the most streamed artists in the world

Though some would want her to be Selena Gomez, the simple question is WHY???

BTW, the head of her record company just got another 5 year deal, and he thought enough of Lana to be pictured on Billboard seated with her and Kanye.

He knew that no one wanted to see his sorry face but wanted people to buy the magazine so he personally picked Lana for that.

Meanwhile Lana can go on vacation and if she wants no publicity, can just go and have fun

If she wants publicity, she lets the paparazzi know and they photograph her

It's her CHOICE.

and for all people complain about this or that, the video for Ultraviolence IMHO was great, stylish, and set-up Honeymoon perfectly.

Honeymoon could have been an EP for Ultraviolence. I am happy its a new stand alone. As Paradise should be.

And what are era's anyhow? I call them chapters. In a book that won't ever have a final chapter, Honeymoon is just the latest chapter.

As Rick Nelson said about all the people complaining about a show he did in Madison Square Garden when it seemed the audience only wanted to see Ricky Nelson, his teenage self and not the current day Rick Nelson, he wrote Garden Party with the immortal line

"Seems you can't please everyone, so you, gotta please yourself"

(RIP Rick Nelson).

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

At the LAX video, am I the only one that sees something different in her face? Lana wyd...  :crai:

Yo soy él, cegado por tu inocencia, y esperando el día en el que me veas, aunque parece tardar más que la promesa de felicidad.                                                                                            

it's august omg huntymoon next month!!1!!

seriously I hope we get some news soon, Lana is being quiet as fuck and its pissing me off. I need MTWBT, Honeymoon (the song) has got old FAST!

I think she's a bit thinner

Her nose and her lips, they look very different. 

I think that Honeymoon will be Lana's worst fashion and look era, I mean it's pretty clear to me.

Yo soy él, cegado por tu inocencia, y esperando el día en el que me veas, aunque parece tardar más que la promesa de felicidad.                                                                                            

it's august omg huntymoon next month!!1!!

seriously I hope we get some news soon, Lana is being quiet as fuck and its pissing me off. I need MTWBT, Honeymoon (the song) has got old FAST!

We also don't have the video of Honeymoon

tumblr_ncf5qwtL1C1tktqnpo1_500.giftumblr_nn0o28ngn21u6a0a7o1_500.gif

I hope Honeymoon flows as well as Ultraviolence bc UV was so cohesive as an album

You say cohesive when the truth is that it was "the same". Everything sounded the exact same. I hope Honeymoon flows like Born To Die.

You say cohesive when the truth is that it was "the same". Everything sounded the exact same. I hope Honeymoon flows like Born To Die.

You know this argument could be used for Born to Die pretty well too don't you? I mean, every song on Born to Die minus Video Games uses the same instruments/beats/samples/formula. TIWMUG's instrumental is basically a remake of OTTR's. :toofunny: While Ultraviolence doesn't. Maybe it sounds the same to you but other people enjoy it.

Personally I love how all of her albums (including Paradise and AKA, hell even Sirens :toofunny: ) are so cohesive. They all work so well as albums. :oprah: You don't hear one song that makes you feel like "this doesn't fit / this was just made for sales / this song was put here to be a single" :oprah:

...wyd. The only songs that sound kind of the same are pretty when you cry and sad girl IMO..

tumblr_mxk6xrLiob1r4y0tco1_500.gif Instagram: pxpi_gringo

I think the album has been delayed. I mean, Selena Gomez is on interscope too and her album is supposed to drop like 10.9?? I know that they can focus on more than one artist releasing near each other but Lana and Selena would be two major releases relatively close together. I think it'd be a bit different if it was a major + minor artist releasing close to the same time, but Selena is obviously a more cooperative artist for interscope, especially with controlling her sound and promo compared to Lana. I honestly can't blame them if they want to focus on Selena more and delay Lana's album. Of course, it could be something unrelated to this that is preventing any new news.

Nothing scares me anymore.