ilovetati

Honeymoon - Pre-Release and Discussion Thread

the only sin to me in music (& movies, tv, etc) is being boring. i don't mind a new approach for lana at all--she changes with each album. i just don't want it to be a snoozefest. 

i think she has a few surprises in store for us, though. i'm ready for a song like "freak"  :cumming:

let me be who i'm meant to be

I just love the whole strings/jazzy/minimal stuff idk maybe I'm biased because I play jazz but it's so good

karma drawn up in lines / baby it's a freebie you sure look deprived

Goodness gracious, always these BTD this BTD that type of posts from you.

Reality check for you: Lana won't ever release an album that is as pop as BTD. If you struggle with her new directions she is taking, it's time to check out, since these are the artistic choices she makes, not by accident or that she doesn't know any better, but on purpose

Also, sales and charts alone don't define a great record, what a dumb post. I love BTD as the pop album that it is, but for me personally I find her recent material since UV way more interesting to follow. You disagree? Fine, I don't have a problem with that. What I do have a problem with is the stupidy of trying to make an effort to put your opinion above others.

Lana has moved on since BTD and former fans have moved on, too. Just look ar all the people from the past who ain't posting anymore. Others have joined. That's life and that's music business.

You're so hostile towards me for no reason. I can love, adore BTD All the fuck I want. Like okay annd? Ignore me then. They were trashing an album that obviously statical wise--was her best album. I'm not putting my opinion above others. Its MY opinion. You're always trying to act like you know everything when you dont. You over-stanning fans need to take a damn chill pill and sit the fuck down. Like really. Yeah and Lana moving on from that sound obviously has effected her a bit negatively and you're trying to be blind and not see that. So leave me the fuck alone and let me do what I want on these forums. If the person had a problem with me saying that, they could have said so, not you trying be captain save a hoe, dismissed.

(Where is me. I am mariah when you need them lmao)

You're so hostile towards me for no reason. I can love, adore BTD All the fuck I want. Like okay annd? Ignore me then. They were trashing an album that obviously statical wise--was her best album. I'm not putting my opinion above others. Its MY opinion. You're always trying to act like you know everything when you dont. You over-stanning fans need to take a damn chill pill and sit the fuck down. Like really. Yeah and Lana moving on from that sound obviously has effected her a bit negatively and you're trying to be blind and not see that. So leave me the fuck alone and let me do what I want on these forums. If the person had a problem with me saying that, they could have said so, not you trying be captain save a hoe, dismissed.

(Where is me. I am mariah when you need them lmao)

No, I won't. Now you are on my hit-list.

Why are people speculating that Swan Song is her saying she is quitting music? I mean, she put Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood after it, which in a way contradicts a Swan Song. Now if their placement was switched I think the message would be switched also.

Nothing scares me anymore.

Why are people speculating that Swan Song is her saying she is quitting music? I mean, she put Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood after it, which in a way contradicts a Swan Song. Now if their placement was switched I think the message would be switched also.

Idk for some reason this album gave me that vibe too though. It kinda seemed like she feels done with the whole fame thing. (Kinda ironic when before she went viral she was hella hungry for it.) I hope she doesnt. And in one of those recent interviews didnt she say something like she wanted to stop but kept going anyway? Idk might be my imagination. But the way she's been kind've gives that feel.

Im annoyed by the BTD stuck fans lol move on already bitch, its been 3 years. You are becoming the "The Fame" stuck monsters lol

@ me next time. This is a forum, people can be stuck as long as they want. And bitch is fighting words, fucker.

People on the internet mannn.

@ me next time. This is a forum, people can be stuck as long as they want. And bitch is fighting words, fucker.

People on the internet mannn.

You want them to ignore you but you keep quoting them  :toofunny:

Why people are saying this album sounds all over the places? The album has two segments: Miles Davis's inspired songs ( HM, TLY) and then the "muddy trap" ones ( HBTB as example). I think what she meant by Future Retro is how the album goes from retro love songs that sounds very 60's to more modern tracks with beats in it. 

For me it sounds more coherent than put Video Games between those songs full of beats and screaming as backgrounds.

I'm surprised to see critics preferring the original album cover. http://uproxx.com/music/2015/08/lana-del-rey-terrence-loves-you-honeymoon-artwork/

I think it is because the limited edition artwork is really simple and kind of forgettable (even though I prefer it over the standard one). The original artwork is classic Lana Americana, but funnier and more colorful.