ilovetati

Honeymoon - Pre-Release and Discussion Thread

What if when Lana said that HM was similar to the first two albums, she meant AKA, which is why she's implementing some of the lyrics from AKA. "I put the radio on" and "Lights, camera, acción, I'll do this on my own"

Nah she was clearly talking about From the End and Young Like Me :hooker:

I hope that the instrumental to Music to Watch Boys to sounds like the instrumental of Music to Watch Girls by

For the most part it won't be, because on the composing credit it only has LDR and Rick Nowels.

----

The fact that she only works with Nowels this time increases the chance that this album is conceptual.

For the most part it won't be, because on the composing credit it only has LDR and Rick Nowels.

----

The fact that she only works with Nowels this time increases the chance that this album is conceptual.

Not necessarily - Electra Heart had a shit load of producers and is considered a concept album due to the character and storyline she created and the way she promoted the album (with the videos and her having the heart on her cheek all the time)

Froot only had one producer apart from Marina herself and yet is not a concept album.

fullsizeoutput-3494.png

I'm just testing the board see if all of you are desperate enough to even believe the lyrics I've thought of cause recently almost everyone on here are getting thirsty AF over anything LDR Related or speculated even if not believable

I'm just testing the board see if all of you are desperate enough to even believe the lyrics I've thought of cause recently almost everyone on here are getting thirsty AF over anything LDR Related or speculated even if not believable

It's perfectly fine if you learn how to post first. Once is enough. No need to post the same three times.

I don't really get where this "concept album" discussion comes from. We have 3 tracks already and there is not a strong connection between them, at least not as different enough from the singles/promo singles that she released for her past albums and I think that we can all agree that they were not tied by a concept.

zXzLCRU.png

I hate to be that person who only wants BTD-like songs, but I do hope there's at least one more bop on HM.

Me too, I'd like especially a song á la Born to die (song), it sounded so heavenly

@@CarcrashBandicoot I agree with you, there are Lizzy references in these songs she released and she seems more herself, more natural in her song. Seems like Lana Del Rey has been a character and now she's giving us her true self who is Lizzy

tumblr_ncf5qwtL1C1tktqnpo1_500.giftumblr_nn0o28ngn21u6a0a7o1_500.gif

Seems like Lana Del Rey has been a character and now she's giving us her true self who is Lizzy

inb4 she goes blond after the album launch

Oh my, I didn't realise the forums could get this worked up over whether or not Honeymoon is going to be a concept album. How about we let everyone have their own opinions about whether or not BtD and UV are concept albums and not argue and try to force feed our opinions down other peoples' throats? Also, let's let everyone have their own definitions for a concept album and let everyone decide for themselves which albums they think are concept albums; even if there was a set definition for a concept album, there might be an album that some people consider a concept album whilst others don't. If someone considers UV a concept album, is it going to ruin your life? Let's please drop these concept album shenanigans and move on

The reason I'm saying this is because a lot of people online are saying it's BTD and Paradise that she meant, but I'm questioning if she meant AKA and BTD

She clearly said: "some are muddy trap energy tracks and some are long drives with miles Davis"..

so we'll have few more bops on HM. :kiss:

giphy.gif

How about we let everyone have their own opinions about whether or not BtD and UV are concept albums and not argue and try to force feed our opinions down other peoples' throats? 

But that's pretty much what music forums are all about? (besides praising Lana) Sharing your perception of the music.

But that's pretty much what music forums are all about? (besides praising Lana) Sharing your perception of the music.

I know and I completely understand that. I've said that I take UV as a somewhat-concept album (as I do think that there is some sort of story throughout the songs) but what I don't like at the moment is how everyone has been going at each other over the past few pages. Members have been posting so many definitions of what a concept album is and it's just been really bitter on this forum. I really like reading other members' views on Lana's songs and albums; what I don't like is how no-one can seem to disagree with someone else without having a go at that person because of one little thing that they disagree with

I love the fact that these forums allow us to share our opinions and views on Lana but, like I said, everyone seems to be trying to justify their views to the point where it feels like you're being force-fed three different opinions at once. What's going on with this concept album discussion isn't sharing our predictions and views on what we think HM is going to sound like, it's more a really passive-aggressive argument over whose opinion is right. If we could disagree with each other without making it sound really bitter or 'shady', I'd love that. Instead of saying "no, you're completely wrong that's not what a concept album is that's an insult to real concept albums", why not try saying "I agree with some of that, but I personally think that..."?