ilovetati

Honeymoon - Pre-Release and Discussion Thread

Whats going on guys? Is it the girl taking a dump again? I couldnt sleep last night because I kept seeing that green shit floating and the other one coming *pukes*

lol the black hair is back (taken Sep. 1st)Lana_Del_Rey_after_having_dinner_at_Gorg

Is this dressed as a soccer mom? Because I like it. You can see her bra! Oops.

and you can tell the

music industry respects her because they are now telling their own artists "give me Lana"  BUT all those artists are eager to play the game to be commercial and have hits, and will do anything for a hit ("you're a whore" she admonished to Lorde in IFMWTTT). So the unique one spawns every other clone (including Taylor who really, come on, owes Lana a songwriting royalty for

Wildest Dreams, and Miley releases a psycadelica type lp that without Lana having existed she never would have done.

They all want to be her.

So, put me down, but Lana is going to be looked at as influencial musically as say the solo Michael Jackson without being Michael herself. (She won't have the hits, the flash, the fireworks in a show). But she spawns the industry the same way

Liked most of what you say, but...

When you talk about LDR's influence as an artist, I think it's less about specific style and song similarities. It's more an indirect influence of being off the beaten track vis a vis pop, so that if she is successful (and makes the majority of high-profile critics look like shit, wow that word is suddenly out of vogue now!), it helps all dissimilar but outsiderish artists to succeed, from Chelsea Wolfe to Naomi Elizabeth. At least I'll state that as a theory. This is the influence Joni Mitchell, Kate Bush, and Bjork have been cited for, and it's an ongoing battle. And one should mention that those artists could do both killer pop and avante garde styles.

So to keep a little in topic, I'm hoping Honeymoon is like AKA 2.0 in the sense of having songs that are both as beautiful and as diverse as Pawn Shop Blues and Smarty.

When I saw the title 24 I immediately thought of Chapter 24 by Pink Floyd, of which the lyrics are taken from an unknown translation of the chinese I Ching's divination instructions. I can somewhat see the lyrics being incorporated into the bridge or interlude within a more conventional Lana song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDKvV1ly4f8

"A true revolutionary is guided by great feelings of love." - Che Guevara

So to keep a little in topic, I'm hoping Honeymoon is like AKA 2.0 in the sense of having songs that are both as beautiful and as diverse as Pawn Shop Blues and Smarty.

I really like the idea of Honeymoon being a LDR-esque version of AKA  :flutter:

tumblr_n0offys8zL1rhl4f0o1_400.gif
you're so art froggo, out on the pond…

this would be amazing  :flutter:  :flutter:

Wy8jf2U.jpg